new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

Hi! I'm Lauren, long-time lurker, etc...This will be my second Glastonbury. First was 2011, so feel very unlucky getting Coldplay 2 for 2, but can't wait for LCD Soundsystem. Bringing two first timers with me this time! See you all on the farm :) 

Send me and my GF to music festival "Positivus" (Best festival love couple story contest vote)

Hi guys. My name is Viesturs and I am from Latvia, Riga. This year biggest music festival in Baltic- "Postivivus" is celebrating 10th anniversary and it also happens then me and my girlfriend Kinta are celebrating our 6th anniversary because we both met there. It is actually quite funny story, me and my buddy were having good time and it was already midnight, we went back to tent camp to have some more drinks (after more then few already) and suddenly some random chick shows up and try's to convince us to buy kebab from food truck next to us. My buddy is not hungry but I am mostly always hungry and fall in this trap. Kebab was pretty good and we start to talk, she told me that she was volunteering in Nigeria recently but I had a tell on her and so I quickly called her bluff by asking "What's" the capital of Nigeria?". She smiled and told me that her and her friends decided to tell random bullsh#it to people to make things more interesting. After that we had a good time together and started to go out soon after festival. After that we celebrated all but our 5th anniversary in "Positivus" (On our 5th anniversary I surprised her with hiking tour along the sea.). "Positivus" brings good memory's and we always are excited to go there. 
I would appreciate it greatly if you could support us with your vote. Competition is fierce and there is still 2 days left for voting. Go to this link and vote with your FB profile:

http://woobox.com/8ds833/gallery/46ZZpQZmuO8

(you should see picture with me and my girlfriend holding cake from our second anniversary in tent camp, I have black hipster glasses and funny quite drunk face expression 
http://imgur.com/fLGuJtE

Festival takes place in Latvia, Salacgriva from 15th to 17th of July. Festival line up is impressive ( Ellie Goulding, John Newman, Hot Chip, M83., Years&Years and Iggy Pop! (very excited for this one)

https://www.positivusfestival.com/en/

If some of you happens to be there contact me and have some beers with us :)

Hi all, I'm Mike.

I first went to Glastonbury in 2014 and had one of the best weekends of my life. Returned in 2015 with my three best mates and it was even better! Decided for a couple of reasons to sit 2016 out (a tricky decision) but watched with great interest. Have been reading these boards for a while but decided now is a good time to get involved as I'm back for the ride in 2017 and determined to get back on the farm.

Hi all!  This years festival was my third Glastonbury, my first was in 2007 and then had a long and painful hiatus mainly due to work.  Back in 2015 and this year.  Very different festivals but all amazing!  Definitely noticed a lot more people this year, especially compared to my first even though it was pretty muddy then too!  Glad I've had a sunshine year (2015) too.  But in all honesty, the weather hasn't made one jot of difference to how much I have enjoyed each one.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Been lurking here for a few weeks. Been to other festivals but I'm hoping to make 2017 my first Glastonbury. Any tips gratefully received.

You all seem like a friendly bunch, even just reading a few on the threads on here has got me looking forward to next year, just need to hope we get tickets.

10 hours ago, Tequilamockingbird said:

Hi All,

Been lurking here for a few weeks. Been to other festivals but I'm hoping to make 2017 my first Glastonbury. Any tips gratefully received.

You all seem like a friendly bunch, even just reading a few on the threads on here has got me looking forward to next year, just need to hope we get tickets.

Welcome - and I love your user-name! I'll have a margarita please...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone, veteran of the last 4 Glastonbury's here (I think 4 is enough to count myself as a veteran now)

Finally decided to make a long overdue attempt to get involved in the forum. I'll be here to share my knowledge, experiences, discuss dream line-ups and investigate all the rumours. 

My top 3 glasto sets are:
1. LCD 2016
2. Arcade Fire 2014
3. Rolling Stones 2013
(Hoping in a year's time Radiohead will finally be on the list)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I'm Marc, 28 and currently living in St Helens. New around here, and also new to festivals...well, almost. I was actually successful in getting tickets for Glastonbury 2011, but then work commitments led me to committing the cardinal sin of cancelling! :( I was absolutely gutted. 

Fast forward 5 years, and watching the TV coverage this year made me fall in love all over again. I've spent the past few weeks reading though all of the threads again, and I've totally got the bug. And then, on mentioning it today, my wonderful Mum has offered to buy me a ticket as a birthday present :D It will be for my 30th, but may be for 2017 if I'm able to get a ticket...if not I'll have to stay patient for another year.

Last time I'd planned to come alone, and this time will likely be the same as mates aren't really interested. But I'lll probably try to meet up with people from here, possibly join one of the camp groups etc.

I've got a very varied taste in music - love acoustic stuff, not averse to heavy metal and rock, big big fan of 60's and 70's across the board. Probably the only genre I'm not into would be club/dance, but I'll obviously be going with an open mind and will give anything a go. 

Got to admit, the Ed Sheeran rumour makes me REALLY want to get a ticket for next year! 

Anyway, I'm off to have another read around, but look forward to getting to know you all and joining the nervous wait for ticket day. :)

Hi i'm Chris. I've been a bit of a lurker for a few years on and off because i can get my glasto fix from it when the family and friends get bored of me talking about it!!

I first went in 2002, again in 2003 but then had a bit of a hiatus until 2014 when i took a few friends and family...who got hooked....as i knew they would:)) we managed to get tickets again in 2015 but weren't so lucky for this year which we were gutted about.

Ticket day is coming soon so i thought i'd take the plunge. 

Fingers and toes all crossed for october!

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, rostalof said:

I'm not exactly new here, but it's been quite a while! I'm based in the west of Ireland and hoping to get tickets this year after missing out the last 2 years.

Hello there rostalof. What part of the west are you from? My parents are from Valentia Island and Portmagee.

Good luck with the tickets this year. :)

31 minutes ago, OG said:

Throw a bit of snurgling in for good measure and your hobbies complete

I've just had to look up snurgling and must confess that it's not for me. In fact, it's a bit gross. I'm more of a Peeping Tom purist - dressed all in black in the dark on a cold winters night in somebody's back garden gently stroking my rocket on while watching them through the window. Call me old fashioned if you like.

59 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I've just had to look up snurgling and must confess that it's not for me. In fact, it's a bit gross. I'm more of a Peeping Tom purist - dressed all in black in the dark on a cold winters night in somebody's back garden gently stroking my rocket on while watching them through the window. Call me old fashioned if you like.

old fashioned