new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

17 hours ago, LauraTiffin said:

hahah standard vagueness, was the woman on stilts Marina? the fire bunny girl?

didn't catch her name was too busy ogling, my young naive self had not seen anything like that before

1 hour ago, Mamma twink said:

Hi, I've been a lurker/browser for a few years, finally got my act together and created an account.... Hoping to make it to the effects meet this year. 

Welcome! Was it the @Blue Chicken that made you come out of the shadows? Or maybe it was @Yellow Chicken? Either way, welcome aboard.

20 hours ago, Mamma twink said:

Hi, I've been a lurker/browser for a few years, finally got my act together and created an account.... Hoping to make it to the effects meet this year. 

Same here! Well, have been lurking for the last couple years anyway. This efests was a life-saver last year when we were planning for our first Glastonbury, so glad to have finally sorted myself out an actual account.

21 hours ago, Mamma twink said:

the more the merrier

i am looking forward to it

welcome any who

Dan from Los Angeles here. Been lurking on the boards for a couple of years ever since I started kicking around the idea of a Euro 2016/Glastonbury trip, and I'll be on a plane next Thursday.

I know Glastonbury will be way different than Coachella or Outside Lands, but I can't wait to see how different.

• Upvote 1

On 19/05/2016 at 7:59 AM, vampira77 said:

My first Glastonbury was the mudfest that was 1997, and i've been to every one since then.
After having well and truly done my time in the queues at 5am, pulling the trolley through mud and lugging other peoples tent's we have finally bought our first camper van!

I've been avidly reading all the campervan threads, and i'm excited all over again to be experiencing my favourite place on the planet from a whole new perspective! The vibe on Tuesday night in the CV fields sounds ace and it feels like i've gained an extra day at Glasto!

Are you me? :blink: This is exactly me. 

I joined prior to my first Glastonbury in 2013 and was given loads of good advice. Almost didn't go as none of my friends managed to get tickets so it was just me and my son (who was 21 at the time). Loved it (of course) and went back in 2014. Didn't manage to get tickets last year so couldn't face looking at the forum.

This is year I'm planning on being there with my husband, my son and his girlfriend. Slight spanner in the works is that I was recently diagnosed with cervical cancer and need surgery, but I'm hoping that can be delayed until after Glastonbury. The consultant looked horrified when I suggested it, but admitted the delay wouldn't be detrimental to my health. People who don't go to Glastonbury just don't understand! 

10 hours ago, Girlwiththemostcake said:

Slight spanner in the works is that I was recently diagnosed with cervical cancer and need surgery, but I'm hoping that can be delayed until after Glastonbury. The consultant looked horrified when I suggested it, but admitted the delay wouldn't be detrimental to my health. People who don't go to Glastonbury just don't understand! 

Hardcore.

11 hours ago, Girlwiththemostcake said:

This is year I'm planning on being there with my husband, my son and his girlfriend. Slight spanner in the works is that I was recently diagnosed with cervical cancer and other need surgery, but I'm hoping that can be delayed until after Glastonbury. The consultant looked horrified when I suggested it, but admitted the delay wouldn't be detrimental to my health. People who don't go to Glastonbury just don't understand! 

My consultant was the same when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. We'd been offered precious VIP tickets to Strictly Come Dancing by one of the judges so I asked the surgeon to delay the lumpectomy op for a few days.

Happily he agreed, we went to SCD and, afterwards, I was so high from the drugs after the op that I was dancing up and down the ward of women he'd already operated on that day, showing them how to do a fleckle! 

• Upvote 1

Hi all, I'm Cheryl. Posted a question on here a few days ago so thought it might be nice to chat to some other forum users :) I've been to lots of festivals but this will be my third Glastonbury. The last time I went was in 2000 so I'm interested to see how it's changed in 16 years! I got tickets through the main sale and will be staying in the east campervan field.

Been reading this forum for a few years but decided to join after the recent announcement (which I this is great btw). very pleased there is no Sigur Ros - LCD clash. Now just fingers crossed for the weather 

Hi, just wanted to follow suit and introduce myself. It will be my 3rd Glastonbury and have read this forum for some very useful tips over the years....love the house music thread in particular. I will be travelling in a fantastic group of 8 with 5 virgins. Wishing all a fantastic festival. Cheers Jamie 

47 minutes ago, lollipop86 said:

Hi, just joined and created a dumb username. Anyways, Glastonbury... can't wait. I inadvertently am headed out alone this year. If there are any other solos please let me know as it would be good to get a group started. :

Welcome - there are loads of people going on their own who are all planning to camp together in the Darble field. See the Camp Solo thread to find out more so you can get in contact with the organiser. It sounds like a fun place.