new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

1 minute ago, sabre-toothed tart said:

Hi.  I've been lurking since this time last year, this will be my 4th Glastonbury and it's pretty much all I can think about at the moment.  I am really enjoying all the tips, rumours, information and general good humour on this forum .  I'm also eternally grateful for the Spotify playlist that has made it so easy to dip into lots of new bands I've never heard of before but am now dying to see (Blackberry Smoke, Band of Horses, Ezra Furman … I could go on!), so thank you for that.  Xx

loving you name lady,

i think if you are hear you are with all of us, with Glastonbury is all you can think of now

welcome

7 hours ago, sabre-toothed tart said:

I'm also eternally grateful for the Spotify playlist that has made it so easy to dip into lots of new bands I've never heard of before but am now dying to see (Blackberry Smoke, Band of Horses, Ezra Furman … I could go on!), so thank you for that.  Xx

You're welcome! Great username :-)

Hey guys, been lurking on the site for a while and been meaning to sign up but I didn't want people to think I was signing up just to jump on the secret resale bandwagon.

Anywhooo most of the people here seems really nice, so hopefully I can get along with some of you! I love festivals (shocker) and this years Glasto will be my 3rd in a row, I'm super excited as I think the line-up looks awesome. Better than last years imo (if only they could just get one other headliner in place and no not Radiohead ha). I'm heading to The Great Escape festival next week and off to see Foxes in Brighton tomorrow evening, so it's a great few weeks lined up!

Nice to meet you all :) 

Welcome @Ozanne. I love the Great Escape, been a few times and would love to go back but have had to sacrifice it to keep the Mrs sweet for the big G. You may or may not know that the main guy behind the Great Escape, Martin Elbourne, is also one of the main bookers for the Pyramid/Other/John Peel.

And welcome @DaddyBacon. I was there in '99, things have changed A LOT. There are a couple of threads about it on here but the SE corner in particular is something to behold. Enjoy!

i'll drop a little comment here i guess. i'm chris, been to several glastonburys over the past 15 years or so. i've always been with friends in the past however this year the friend i was due to go with has had to drop out so i'm going to do it solo! not sure how it will work out just yet but we will see. 

46 years old, been married 14 years, still feel like a teenager though! 

hoping that i can meet up with some people or make some new friends where i am camped. i've usually camped on the dairy grounds so i'll probably be there again this year! 

If you're new, have spotify, are going this year and don't have this playlist then you should get it asap.  @Brave Sir Robin puts a phenomenal effort into collating a handful of recent tunes from all the acts.  It's great to be able to stick it on shuffle in the forthcoming weeks and see what you may (or may not ;) ) want to go and see.

Sometimes I feel like I'm Robin's agent, but I've never even met him.

Edited by clarkete

Cheers @clarkete. It's most gratifying to hear such positive things about the playlist from such a Glasto veteran. Maybe one day you can reveal your secret of getting tickets every single year! And as the thread makes it clear, it's not necessarily recently released tunes by each act, I do a bit of digging and find the songs they've played most at recent shows (insofar as the internet holds such information), to give the best indication of what they'll play at G.

1 hour ago, Ramsden1970 said:

46 years old, been married 14 years, still feel like a teenager though! 

I think everyone feels like a teenager when they get through the hallowed gates! There are threads on here about solo campers meeting up, have a search.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Maybe one day you can reveal your secret of getting tickets every single year! 

He he, don't jinx it ;)

It amazes me too, but sometimes just having a couple of you who are ready, know what you're doing and can try in the sales, resales and secret resales (whilst being prepared to coach it) can really help - with a huge pinch of luck :unsure:

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Cheers @clarkete. It's most gratifying to hear such positive things about the playlist from such a Glasto veteran. Maybe one day you can reveal your secret of getting tickets every single year! And as the thread makes it clear, it's not necessarily recently released tunes by each act, I do a bit of digging and find the songs they've played most at recent shows (insofar as the internet holds such information), to give the best indication of what they'll play at G.

I think everyone feels like a teenager when they get through the hallowed gates! There are threads on here about solo campers meeting up, have a search.

Thanks for all your work on the playlist. The only downside is discovering new bands and therefore, new clashes! Hehe.

9 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Welcome @Ozanne. I love the Great Escape, been a few times and would love to go back but have had to sacrifice it to keep the Mrs sweet for the big G. You may or may not know that the main guy behind the Great Escape, Martin Elbourne, is also one of the main bookers for the Pyramid/Other/John Peel.

Hi :D

I didn't know that, interesting stuff. TGE is such a good festival, the vibe there is so unique I reckon. It helps I live 30 mins away and can stay at my mates in the city too. Normally my mate does all the search as we have similar tastes in music. Last year we saw a band from NZ (I think) called The Pierce Brothers, folky type of bad, very much like Mumford, they were brilliant. It looks like it'll be another strong year too next week.

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Hi :D

I didn't know that, interesting stuff. TGE is such a good festival, the vibe there is so unique I reckon. It helps I live 30 mins away and can stay at my mates in the city too. Normally my mate does all the search as we have similar tastes in music. Last year we saw a band from NZ (I think) called The Pierce Brothers, folky type of bad, very much like Mumford, they were brilliant. It looks like it'll be another strong year too next week.

Yeah it's fab. I used to stay at a mate's flat in Hove, a quick cab ride or long stagger home. Highlights that spring to mind were seeing Django Django in a little bar, Gaz Coombes in a pub, Pond in a tiny courtyard out the back of a hotel and a storming set from Tall Ships in a proper sticky floor boozer. There's always a wonderfully varied lineup, and the presence of all those record label types there for the convention means the acts really put the effort in. You're making me want to go again, aaarggh!

35 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Yeah it's fab. I used to stay at a mate's flat in Hove, a quick cab ride or long stagger home. Highlights that spring to mind were seeing Django Django in a little bar, Gaz Coombes in a pub, Pond in a tiny courtyard out the back of a hotel and a storming set from Tall Ships in a proper sticky floor boozer. There's always a wonderfully varied lineup, and the presence of all those record label types there for the convention means the acts really put the effort in. You're making me want to go again, aaarggh!

I'm sure there's a weekend ticket still available ;)

My favourite moment of TGE was a few years back seeing Kodaline for the first time, I'd been obsessed with their song High Hopes for weeks and hearing that in Sticky Mikes Frog Bar middle of the day on the Friday connected with me in a way few bands have since (culminating in hearing it again 2 years later at The Other Stage, with the rain coming down, just days after my Nan had passed, emotional to say the least.)

Evening all, like many a long time lurker, 12th visit to the farm this year for me, did 97 & 98 then a gap till 04, only missed 08 since, haven't the foggiest clue how I'll fit in round here with acts like SFA, Hot Chip (yes last years clash was horrendous) and Radiohead amongst my favourite acts, but I'll be sure to do my best................

14 hours ago, johnthebeard said:

Evening all, like many a long time lurker, 12th visit to the farm this year for me, did 97 & 98 then a gap till 04, only missed 08 since, haven't the foggiest clue how I'll fit in round here with acts like SFA, Hot Chip (yes last years clash was horrendous) and Radiohead amongst my favourite acts, but I'll be sure to do my best................

to have a name like john the beard , this beard better be impressive!

welcome John

Hi I'm abi! First joined in on the forum on sunday and have been avidly posting/following the secret resale thread since. Managed to get a ticket in the resale today (eek!), which will be my 2nd glasto. Went for the first time with family last year and going with my boyfriend this time, beyond excited :D

Hi All, 

Long time lucker on these forums and seasoned veteran at glastonbury having been to the last 5 festivals and counting down the days until the 6th! Love the community spirit and camaraderie on these forums so thought it was time to finally get involved and make an active contribution, as you can really feel the glastonbury spirit around these parts, that should be more common in day to day life.

Peace, Tom

Edited by ][nfil

another long time lurker finally got a login.....

the 95 in my username is unfortunately not my year of birth, but the first glasto I went to (volunteered on the gates with oxfam), this year will be my 5th.  Slightly addicted to the webcam feed at the moment.... it is distracting me from a really crappy time at work.