new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

On 4/23/2016 at 5:12 PM, vicspoole said:

Hi, I'm Vicky. Still very much a newbie as this year will only be my 2nd Glastonbury. However, I do think I have earned some Brownie/Glasonbury points as I handed in my notice (15 years teaching in the same school) so that I could be there again this year! Me, my hubby & 12 year old son absolutely loved it. Missed so much of it last year and intend to make up for that this year! Would be great to meet up with some of you. Already having sleepless nights worrying about pitching tents, trolleys and what not to bring! X

skills Vicki, my wife teaches I may tell her to hand her notice in

I know it's worth it

On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 11:11 AM, Gman123 said:

I'm looking forward to it, to be honest, always shied away from other festivals these past few years because I always had Glastonbury in my back pocket. What subject/year group are you doing? 

Primary - KS2 focus. How about you? Can't wait to get stuck in!

Hello! Another lurker here, read this forum loads over the years for various hints and tips (and work procrastination purposes) but never actually posted in it until now.

We've been really lucky with tickets and this'll be my 7th Glastonbury (my first was 2007). For us it's very much a family affair, I go with my brothers and sisters, their partners, various friends and my dad, who is 74 and will be going to his 9th Glastonbury this time. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, sophlamb said:

Primary - KS2 focus. How about you? Can't wait to get stuck in!

R.E Secondary, I am too!

Spending all of this week observing a school currently, find it tiring enough just sitting around and watching the teachers!

Hi :)

I have also been lurking around here for a few years, reading the tips and banter! This will be my 7th Glastonbury, luckily not having had to miss one since my first yet, and will be making the pilgrimage down from Sheffield where I work at Sheffield Hallam Uni. 

Have done various other festivals over the years but Glasto remains my firm favourite! Think we may try festival no.6 or one we haven't been to before this year, with my sister missing out on glasto tickets. 

3 hours ago, GemmaBrown said:

Hi :)

I have also been lurking around here for a few years, reading the tips and banter! This will be my 7th Glastonbury, luckily not having had to miss one since my first yet, and will be making the pilgrimage down from Sheffield where I work at Sheffield Hallam Uni. 

Have done various other festivals over the years but Glasto remains my firm favourite! Think we may try festival no.6 or one we haven't been to before this year, with my sister missing out on glasto tickets. 

welcome Gemma

you've done well not missing out on tickets,  you must have a well oiled operation.

Hi there,

Camille, this will be my 4th Glasto in a row. We are travelling from Paris. We started just the 2 of us and now 8!! Last year we were 5 from Paris , we convinced a friend to travel from Singapore and 2 from Venise and one from London, not the typical group. We can be pretty convincing :)

This year because of an unfortunately change of postcode we missed the general admission for 2 of our friends. Still hoping to be lucky during the secret sales. A girl can dream...

Cannot wait to be back !

• Upvote 2

Another long time lurker here! I'm Corey, 20 years old from South Wales.  This year will be my second Glastonbury, absolutely loved it last year and hope to go back every year (so long as I can get hold of a ticket!), always reading the forums but only recently made an account.  Have done a few festivals in the past but Glastonbury knocks spots off any other major festival and I can see why it has such a reputation now!! Looking forward to reading/commenting on posts to get excited during these new few weeks leading up to the festival!

I've been using hanging around the forum for a couple of years, so probably about time I said hi - Hi :-). I did my first Glastonbury in 2010 when my daughter convinced me I should go and I haven't looked back since. This year will be my 4th Glastonbury having missed the last couple as we were unlucky with the ticket sales. I'm travelling solo this year as my planned companions dropped out just before the October tickets went on sale, but I couldn't not try to buy tickets for myself, so I managed to grab a London festival/coach package. I'm very slightly the wrong side of 50, but with 3 Glasto's under my belt, I'm looking forward to meeting lots of new people and exploring lots of new areas.

CAN'T WAIT, see you there :-)

3 hours ago, coreyt409 said:

Another long time lurker here! I'm Corey, 20 years old from South Wales.  This year will be my second Glastonbury, absolutely loved it last year and hope to go back every year (so long as I can get hold of a ticket!), always reading the forums but only recently made an account.  Have done a few festivals in the past but Glastonbury knocks spots off any other major festival and I can see why it has such a reputation now!! Looking forward to reading/commenting on posts to get excited during these new few weeks leading up to the festival!

Welcome lurker! ;) Last year was a cracker! Have an amazing festival. 

• Upvote 1

Hi. Apparently I've been observing since 2013- this is my 6th Glastonbury- started going while the children were still young enough to want to be seen with us- now they go with friends but meet up when the tent gets robbed or need feeding. First year in the comfort of a motor home in cv east- getting old has its advantages. And yes love the Twix story every time it appears!

• Upvote 1

Hi,

Dan here, 35 y/o and from a small village in the South Hams of Devon.

This will be my second Glastonbury, the previous one being in 2014. Will be going with the same 2 mates I went with last time, plus my new g/f "yay lucky me" (except she has never even been camping, let alone a festival, thrown in the deep end me thinks).

The previous time I went, we kind of roughed it with the bare minimum of kit and hassle (which ideally would also do this year), however know that its more likely to the camping side of things (weather, lack of easy cleaning etc) that could give the biggest impact on her enjoyment or lack of...i've glamped it up a bit to make it less stressful for her, but more for me :S Time will tell i guess.

Keen to soak the atmosphere up this time around instead of soaking up all the contraband to excess, and see and explore areas i couldnt even wobble to last time.

14 hours ago, MBoT said:

Hi,

Dan here, 35 y/o and from a small village in the South Hams of Devon.

This will be my second Glastonbury, the previous one being in 2014. Will be going with the same 2 mates I went with last time, plus my new g/f "yay lucky me" (except she has never even been camping, let alone a festival, thrown in the deep end me thinks).

The previous time I went, we kind of roughed it with the bare minimum of kit and hassle (which ideally would also do this year), however know that its more likely to the camping side of things (weather, lack of easy cleaning etc) that could give the biggest impact on her enjoyment or lack of...i've glamped it up a bit to make it less stressful for her, but more for me :S Time will tell i guess.

Keen to soak the atmosphere up this time around instead of soaking up all the contraband to excess, and see and explore areas i couldnt even wobble to last time.

I'd suggest some kind of an airbed or camp mattress to make it more comfortable for her. Not saying she's a diva, but the shock of hard ground and no power showers ain't going to make a day's start the most positive, that way it's easier to extol the joys of the rest of the festival.

14 minutes ago, carlosj said:

I'd suggest some kind of an airbed or camp mattress to make it more comfortable for her. Not saying she's a diva, but the shock of hard ground and no power showers ain't going to make a day's start the most positive, that way it's easier to extol the joys of the rest of the festival.

Yeah already managed to aquire a decent raised airbed, and thankfully already have one of those hazelock showers.

Its funny, she originates from the Philippines yet is scared of all our completely harmless (for the most part) creepy crawlies.

Anyway think i got most bases covered now, can always take a morning off to recharge and reset if it all gets a lil to much.

Hello everyone

Think I've been a member here for 10 years and I'm ready to say hi. Fourth time this year, went '07, '08 and '09 though so feel my Glasto-virginity has grown back. Will be driving down on the Friday with my wife (she's a teacher too, hence the hiatus on our visits). We got engaged there in '09, wedding and a baby in between so can't wait to get back! Meeting half a dozen pals down there.

Unashamedly excited for the Pyramid headliners, have a handful of semi-realistic acts (I think) that I'd love to see added and some insanely unrealistic ones that I won't let go of until the Monday morning. Thanks for listening.

1 hour ago, steviebongo said:

Hello everyone

Think I've been a member here for 10 years and I'm ready to say hi. Fourth time this year, went '07, '08 and '09 though so feel my Glasto-virginity has grown back. Will be driving down on the Friday with my wife (she's a teacher too, hence the hiatus on our visits). We got engaged there in '09, wedding and a baby in between so can't wait to get back! Meeting half a dozen pals down there.

Unashamedly excited for the Pyramid headliners, have a handful of semi-realistic acts (I think) that I'd love to see added and some insanely unrealistic ones that I won't let go of until the Monday morning. Thanks for listening.

welcome Stevie Bongo

I to am getting excited about Coldplay, can't tell anyone in my group i might get lynched. like the time I went to see Lilly Allen on my own.