new here? introduce yourself

eFestivals

29 minutes ago, Mr_Egregious said:

I have spent far too many hours lurking on this forum, with only a couple of posts last year. So I resolved to at least double my post count this time around...

This year will be my second, had an incredible time last year.

Judging by your avatar, RTJ was a big part of that last year. So fucking good.

Welcome.

Just did my first post over in the "Pictures for Newbies" thread but with no introduction. I have been a lurker since my first Glastonbury in 2013. My friend's also think I am some kind of oracle when it comes to all things Glastonbury which I have this place to thank for. I am also the spreadsheet queen when it comes round to October/April ticket time. I am harsh but fair & we are yet to leave a man behind when it comes to getting tickets.The 2014 sale was the best effort ever with about 30 tickets sorted. I bang on about Glastonbury so much I have now even given my mum the bug & she hopes to brave it in 2017.

I'll skip the my name is and I come from so and so as sure nobody is overly bothered.

Not sure how long this site has been running but seems like I've been lurking for about 15 years now.

Finally the excitement got to much and lured me into registering. Not only am I going Glastonbury, but it's my first time since 2009 and my first time even back on home soil since 2009 too.

I don't know if I can make it to June without literally exploding.

18 minutes ago, gherring8 said:

Just did my first post over in the "Pictures for Newbies" thread but with no introduction. I have been a lurker since my first Glastonbury in 2013. My friend's also think I am some kind of oracle when it comes to all things Glastonbury which I have this place to thank for. I am also the spreadsheet queen when it comes round to October/April ticket time. I am harsh but fair & we are yet to leave a man behind when it comes to getting tickets.The 2014 sale was the best effort ever with about 30 tickets sorted. I bang on about Glastonbury so much I have now even given my mum the bug & she hopes to brave it in 2017.

30 tickets that is some going , I doff my cap to you ,. once have I managed to get myself a ticket

Like many others been a lurker for a while, with the occasional post here and there. Will be my second Glastonbury this year, but will be taking me Mum and Girlfriend whom are both first timers. I think they are both already sick of me chatting about Glastonbury all the time. Hope to get a bit more involved from now on. 

7 minutes ago, drchickenburger said:

Not sure how long this site has been running but seems like I've been lurking for about 15 years now.

As efestivals, since February 2000.

It existed as a Glastonbury (only) website for 2 years before that, with one of those as the official Glastonbury website.

I'd have never have believed back then it would still be going eighteen years later.

28 minutes ago, gherring8 said:

actually I am now becoming your new best friend for next year 

• Upvote 1

I'm Holly, been lurking on and off for about 6 years.  This will be my third Glastonbury. The two groups I've gone with in the past haven't enjoyed it enough to come back. I'm hoping the friends I'm going with this year get the Glastonbury bug or I might have to brave it alone next year! 

Hi, I'm Briony, I've been an on and off lurker lately too. This year will be my 13th Glastonbury. We got tickets for our whole group in the main sale, but tragically one of my friends neglected to pay his ticket balance, despite intending to go. Somehow he missed the official email as well as the reminders posted in our Facebook group, and thought we had until later in April. We tried for him in the resale but no joy. I realise he doesn't really deserve it...

Evening all, I'm Tony - been lurking here since late 2013 when I decided to make the plunge. Was successful in the 2014 resale and 2015 general sale and never got past the holding page this year.

Currently entering competitions left right and centre and praying for the 'secret' resale - it ain't over till it's over!!!

This is an amazing place and has been invaluable to me for the last 2 years so successful or not I'll be contributing far more from here on in!

been around for years but only as a lurker, never got up the courage to post anything before, got tickets for 2016 and this will be glasto number 10 for us. 

Trying for one more ticket for one of our group who missed out and knew that if anyone could help me it would be you guys 

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

As efestivals, since February 2000.

It existed as a Glastonbury (only) website for 2 years before that, with one of those as the official Glastonbury website.

I'd have never have believed back then it would still be going eighteen years later.

Still no upvote function for you, Neil! ;-)

To newcomers and former lurkers: WELCOME!

This thread prodded my memory - anyone remember:

"a/s/l?"

Long time lurker but only recently joined. Festivals have been a huge part of my life for probably about 8/9 years. Desperately praying for secret resale/competition tickets this year after failing for the very first time in the main sale and resale. I've done quite a few different festivals but Glastonbury is always my home. It's just so special and the people and atmosphere are like nothing you've ever experienced before. I always get so jealous of those who are going for the first time. The second I stepped into Glastonbury for my first year I knew it was home. 

Hi all - like many of you I'm a long time lurker. I joined for my first Glastonbury in 2013 but only got up the nerve to post this year (well it's got to be a good year for something...)

Really excited to be going to my third Glastonbury this year and hoping to get lucky in the secret resales for a friend who missed out - which means I can potentially help out three others in need if I get through of course.

Anyway. I had a secret 2016 resolution that I was going to start posting this year and although it took me a little while to get going, here I am!

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Swamp Princess said:

Hey all, 

I'm Rebecca, another long time lurker but recent poster. 

First Glastonbury, in fact first ever festival. Excited doesn't even come close to describing how I feel!

You'll absolutely love it Rebecca, what a way to experience your first ever festival. Welcome and hope you have the time of your life 

Hi, I'm Bex, long time efestivaller but dont post all the time. Been to Glastonbury 20 times, missed last year from choice and couldnt get tickets this time. Absolutely obsessed with the place though and love the excitement and questions from newbies. 

Live nr sheffield, do a boring desk job and love indie/psych music.

10 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

You'll absolutely love it Rebecca, what a way to experience your first ever festival. Welcome and hope you have the time of your life 

Thank you very much! 

Had never considered myself to be lucky until I got tickets on the first attempt. 

Love this forum so much, every day I come away with something new!

Hi all, I'm Ian and have been lurking these pages for the last 2 years. This will be my first ever Glasto after being to T, Leeds, V and IOW last year. Finally got tickets this year and can't wait to experience it. Like others have said I sound like I know what I'm talking about when anything glasto related comes up thanks to you guys. Not be long now!!

Hi, I'm Vicky, from Yorkshire. This is my 6th Glastonbury, but my first in 11 years (I said 10 in my post yesterday. My mistake!) 

i got tickets in the general sales. I'm going to Glastonbury with a few friends, none of whom have been before. Can't wait for them to realise just what all the excitement is about!