Cabaret Field bar, Wednesday 6pm: eFestivals meet

eFestivals

3 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

My hats will be my badge.

I don't know. Identify theft is on the increase these days. Do you shred your hats before putting them in the bin?

This guy could be there in June claiming pints for doing the secretglasto twitter account last year.

5990334759_17ce6701c0_b.jpg

1 hour ago, carlosj said:

I don't know. Identify theft is on the increase these days. Do you shred your hats before putting them in the bin?

This guy could be there in June claiming pints for doing the secretglasto twitter account last year.

5990334759_17ce6701c0_b.jpg

Bastard, taking the mystery out of the festival.  It's not secret if thousands of people get a twitter notification. Smug git.

I want to come but scared I will be the oldest girl there. 47 and still alive in April 2016! I would love to meet others into funk, jazz, rare groove and lots of dance as my camp mates who are lovely, like folk or hard core 120 beats a minute stuff. I love meeting new people but as I am sure many others feel....nervous.

On 4/21/2016 at 3:12 PM, joeltg said:

I don't know a single one of you, but thats what it's all about I guess, so see you all Wednesday! 

If pinhead turns up looking like his avatar I will be very impressed :)

I met him first time last year....wait and see!

22 minutes ago, Mich1268 said:

I want to come but scared I will be the oldest girl there. 47 and still alive in April 2016! I would love to meet others into funk, jazz, rare groove and lots of dance as my camp mates who are lovely, like folk or hard core 120 beats a minute stuff. I love meeting new people but as I am sure many others feel....nervous.

You won't be, though your stated age has got me worried that I'm entering the final quartile now. But is OldBird still on the forums for example? I remember her at the noughties versions of this meet. Always used to be a good range of ages....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mich1268 said:

Don't worry about age.  I'm old enough to be your father.  We even used to have an Old Gits and Hags meet - though I'm sure you wouldn't qualify.

• Upvote 1

Yup.  Don't be thinking that this is just a young person's game.  Far from it, those of us who have been growing old disgracefully are just as evident as those young folk, they might have the energy and enthusiasm, but we have the stamina and experience.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Mich1268 said:

Not a chance. I'm a spring chicken at 37, but I can think of three off the top of my head aged over 50 I met at the last meet.

4 hours ago, timespeedsup said:

I remember that! DaveMac organised it. Did he dish out Victor Meldrew masks to everyone? 

That's the one. Old Gits and hags.jpg

Edited by grumpyhack
  • Upvote 1

On 22 April 2016 at 9:19 PM, Mich1268 said:

I shall be 46 and the wife is 52 years young so dont worry about age. Although we do like 120bpm stuff!

• Upvote 1

On 22 April 2016 at 9:19 PM, Mich1268 said:

I'm 52 and will be bringing my 13 year old daughter so I'm hoping for a range of ages. It's only the dissertation questionnaires we are barred from.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, timespeedsup said:

That is disconcerting!

& not just cos of the tin of cider-pop I had in my hand. 

You will also notice that at our age we couldn't stray too far from the toilets.

Ok everyone just had a thought. I've spent the last few years explaining to my daughter why meeting online strangers is a bad thing. So when my daughter & I arrive at this you have to all pretend you've known me for years. And try not to be too weird. What could possibly go wrong with that plan.

• Upvote 2