Cabaret Field bar, Wednesday 6pm: eFestivals meet

eFestivals

It's a bloody great thing. Seriously. Can't big it up enough. I fannyed about and hummed and hawwed and bottled it for years before finally making the plunge. Used to loiter round the endge without enough courage to speak to anyone. Trust me, there's no need to do that. I've made some true, wonderful friends because of it. if you're not sure, come along, there's absolutely nothing to be scared of, everyone is welcoming and lovely. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Mardy said:

It's a bloody great thing. Seriously. Can't big it up enough. I fannyed about and hummed and hawwed and bottled it for years before finally making the plunge. Used to loiter round the endge without enough courage to speak to anyone. Trust me, there's no need to do that. I've made some true, wonderful friends because of it. if you're not sure, come along, there's absolutely nothing to be scared of, everyone is welcoming and lovely. 

Arrrh, Mardy you soppy old sod:wub:

Mind you, I find being spectacularly pissed helps enormously.:D

I am going to be there, although I am a little apprehensive that I may get lynched after my performance yesterday.

It will be nice to put some faces to names anyway and I am really looking forward to it :-)

Edited by eastynh
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I am going to be there, although I am a little apprehensive that I may get lynched after my performance yesterday.

It will be nice to put some faces to names anyway and I am really looking forward to it :-)

Don't worry. I'm sure most people can be won over with a spare glastonbury tote bag.;):)

As a long time lurker and very occasional poster I'll try to be brave and get to this. good idea

1 minute ago, ciderbus said:

Don't worry. I'm sure most people can be won over with a spare glastonbury tote bag.;):)

As a long time lurker and very occasional poster I'll try to be brave and get to this. good idea

lol cheers mate. I will not be mentioning shoes that is for certain and will only talk about New Order if prompted :-)

57 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I'd second this. Last year was my 10th Glastonbury but, to my shame, my first appearance at an eFests meet. I have no idea what I had to worry about. Everyone was very tolerant of my extreme drunkeness friendly and fun.

18 minutes ago, eastynh said:

You are on.

There is more to me than just a weird New Order obsession and I look forward to displaying it :D

Yeah, he'll also talk about Bad Lieutenant, Freebass, Electronic and The Other Two.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Yeah, he'll also talk about Bad Lieutenant, Freebass, Electronic and The Other Two.

I like Electronic, The Other 2 and Monaco. That Division lot are ok in small doses as well. Revenge, Bad Lieutenant and Freebass were not for me.

People will be too busy naming their favourite Radiohead records that feature a Bontempi organ anyway :-)