Recommended camping gadgets/accessories?

rpfranks

Anyone got any recommended camping gadgets or accessories? I think there's some cool stuff on this list - particularly the big body wipes and the portable washing machine bag thingy.

I think the small solid fuel stoves are pretty good if you want to cook something quickly and you can pick them up for about £3 in most camping stores or stores like Sports Direct.

When we camped this was really useful

41sco5sZjHL._SY300_.jpg

It's a portable camping toaster.  Hardly any weight and folds flat to the size of a dinner plate.  Sits on top of a Calor Gas ring and produces excellent toast.  You can do five slices at once - four round the sides and one on top. Toast and pate, toast and marmalade etc are so much better than just bread.

I actually have one of those sleeping bag suits, my wife bought it me for Christmas years ago, it's no where near as good as you think, the inside isn't really lined like a normal sleeping bag and feels pretty horrible on your skin

plus it's really hard to get into when your battered, I woke up last year with my arms in the leg with the rest of it just chucked over me

the big baby wipes are interesting, sometimes you need more coverage than a standard wipe provides but i'm not paying £10 to wipe myself

Portable chargers are a life saver though :) 

1 minute ago, Chris Zoidberg said:

Out of interest, how much is a decent cup of coffee at Glastonbury? Tempted to take a hexi-burner and make my own if it will save a few quid. Can easily drink 4-5 cups a day. Might just replace it with cider...

About £2.50 but a lot of it is pretty awful unless you go to a specific coffee place. I'd just replace it with cider...

6 hours ago, rpfranks said:

Anyone got any recommended camping gadgets or accessories? I think there's some cool stuff on this list - particularly the big body wipes and the portable washing machine bag thingy.

I think the small solid fuel stoves are pretty good if you want to cook something quickly and you can pick them up for about £3 in most camping stores or stores like Sports Direct.

That list is nuts lol why on earth would you wash your clothes at a festival? :huh:

• 3 months later...