Reusable pint glasses

brettredmayne

I know not everyone wants to dress like a bloated hairy version of All Saints in 1998, but combat trousers/shorts will easily accommodate a pint glass in the lower pocket yknow. I know this to be true. 

Now, where's my strappy top and my celebrity husband? 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Anything over half full and that becomes a disaster waiting to happen surely?

Most people I saw were either using them to bring more beer back from the bar, or just a way to carry around their empty until they went back. Still handy.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

it would be better if it was all bars, but other bars will be happy to fill your stainless steel cup I'm sure. :)

You think?  Given that it's an exchange arrangement, I wouldn't expect any but the smallest of bars to actually fill your cup up.  No more than I'd expect them to fill up any other random pint pot.

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

You think?  Given that it's an exchange arrangement, I wouldn't expect any but the smallest of bars to actually fill your cup up.  No more than I'd expect them to fill up any other random pint pot.

your correct - problem is if a bar ' fills up a cup ' they don't have a clue if its clean and free of anything that can be dropped in a cup so most of the bars will refuse to fill up a cup - your right that some of the smallest bars may risk it but the larger ones have CCTV all over them and Health and Safety would go nuts if they spotted any staff filling up ' a returned cup ' - I am sure people will think they can keep their first one but it does not work like that.

Glad I will not be working in a Public bar as I would get fed up saying ' sorry but we have to use a Clean Cup '

4 hours ago, evilduck said:

A french festival I go to that does deposit plastic cups also sell something like these to hold your cup:

porte-verre-tc-33635.jpg

Could be useful at Glastonbury too!

I have that lanyard and cup arrangement from last year's crew bars at Glastonbury. Very handy! 

9 hours ago, Michaelgball said:

Fantastic idea. they might be a bit awkward when buying for a group of friends or whatever.. I like to buy a couple of myself to save bar trips. Larger 2-pint cups would be nice

I would say whilst 2 pint cups sound good, lager goes flat quite quick as they do these mega cups at Primavera and by time you get down to last half it's flat and warm which ain't pleasant

On matter of metal cups great idea and I'll will get one, my only personal downside is when I watch a band and clap when they finish I tend to hold the cup in my teeth - you can't do that with rigid cups that easily unfortunately

15 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I was using the glasto-branded plastic cups last year, and every bar I used refilled them when given them.

I also managed to bag a plastic one last year. The paper cups are a slip hazard at the lightest bit of moist ground and the reduction in litter can only be a good thing. Also massive thumbs up from me for using British steel. 

I'll just carry my empty cup in my free guardian backpack :) 

11 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I know it's a working farm but I can't imagine these going down too well with some of the veggies and vegans on site even if they are 'up-cycled'. 

7 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

I know it's a working farm but I can't imagine these going down too well with some of the veggies and vegans on site even if they are 'up-cycled'. 

most of them bring their own tankards and mugs - have done for decades

34 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I was using the glasto-branded plastic cups last year, and every bar I used refilled them when given them.

Yep - I had no bother getting mine refilled in any bars, whether I was buying a pint of beer from a bar or a pint of blackcurrant lemonade from Greenpeace! Top tip: wash the latter out before you refill with the former or your beer tastes a bit weird... :S

33 minutes ago, stuwilky said:

Ive got them both!  I remember my chest getting damp though!

Yeah, not a practical way to carry a FULL pint is it? I think it was designed to carry the empty cup when you're not drinking from it, but at what point, in all seriousness, am I likely to have an empty cup?! :D

so what bars are we expecting these to be at? I've just noticed the press release says it'll be 10 main bars

looking at the maps and using my very hazy memory I can count 4 "main" bars in the park area so that leaves another 6 across site

do we think they'll be using them at the bigger more popular bars or will they just be testing the waters and doing it on the smaller less popular ones?

On 14/04/2016 at 8:43 PM, glasto-worker said:

Glad I will not be working in a Public bar as I would get fed up saying ' sorry but we have to use a Clean Cup '

The problem with the back stage plastic cups last year was they didn't have enough to cope with the washing turnaround system. Hopefully 250k steel ones will suffice.

They have solid plastic ones at rugby games now, they work really well, although it is only a £1 deposit and £5, most likely down the material. I think this is a really good idea, but you may someone dickheads (even at Glastonbury) stealing them for the money, maybe you only be allowed to return one or two to stop this happening? Don't know how you could regulate this, or if it would be worth it

Edit: Also, does anyone know if you keep the same cup and it keeps getting refilled, or if you hand it in and get a washed one (that is how it is at rugby games) otherwise the cup could get quite dirty 

Edited by Wow-wys-buzzing
Adding an extra point/question

11 minutes ago, Wow-wys-buzzing said:

They have solid plastic ones at rugby games now, they work really well, although it is only a £1 deposit and £5, most likely down the material. I think this is a really good idea, but you may someone dickheads (even at Glastonbury) stealing them for the money, maybe you only be allowed to return one or two to stop this happening? Don't know how you could regulate this, or if it would be worth it

Edit: Also, does anyone know if you keep the same cup and it keeps getting refilled, or if you hand it in and get a washed one (that is how it is at rugby games) otherwise the cup could get quite dirty 

You get a fresh one when you buy a new pint as far as im aware.

36 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

250,000 doesn't sound like enough to me.  That's roughly 1 cup for everyone on site.  Accepting that not everyone is drinking, it still doesn't seem like very many unless they're going to be very fast at getting them off-site, cleaned and back again.

especially when tens of thousands of them might get kept as souvenirs.