Next Announcement thread

Matt42

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Looking at The Thingy and to me it looks like we only got the full lineup/stage splits early/before the resale in the years when we didn't get a initial poster. Could be coming tomorrow, but the previous years patterns definitely don't suggest it to me 

Patterns? PATTERNS??!!??!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Depends how many ticket balances didn't get paid up. That will have been a huge factor determining when the next lot of info gets dropped. 

I really can't imagine they will be worried about that. Resale tickets will be snapped in seconds, regardless of the lineup and regardless of how many balances haven't been paid. IF, for example, Tame Impala are in the next announcement, they won't make an iota of difference in how the tickets sell when your headliners are Muse, Adele and Coldplay. The demand will be through the roof regardless of any announcements.

27 minutes ago, jparx said:

I really can't imagine they will be worried about that. Resale tickets will be snapped in seconds, regardless of the lineup and regardless of how many balances haven't been paid. IF, for example, Tame Impala are in the next announcement, they won't make an iota of difference in how the tickets sell when your headliners are Muse, Adele and Coldplay. The demand will be through the roof regardless of any announcements.

I doubt they release any more line up until after Sunday. They always talk about making the sales as fair as possible, and increasing interest (even if only by a little) by releasing more line up certainly doesn't seem fair to those who've been since October for this.

1 minute ago, big__phil said:

I doubt they release any more line up until after Sunday. They always talk about making the sales as fair as possible, and increasing interest (even if only by a little) by releasing more line up certainly doesn't seem fair to those who've been since October for this.

I was thinking the other day how unbelievably pissed people would be if they didn't pay their balance because they were unhappy with the lineup, then Radiohead get announced in the next poster. I mean, it would be their fault for throwing a fit about the lineup, but man they would be angry!

45 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Registration closes at 5pm tomorrow.

7pm reveal?

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Thing is if we get a similar poster to other years - it may have stages but apart from headliners and subs (and sometimes not even then) they're not really in any order.

At least it would answer the Adele sub question! There isn't quite enough evidence for me that Disclosure are playing that slot.

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Not sure it would. Especially for the radiohead obsessed. (Unless they're announced). It could look like Disclosure - but then when times are nnounced a "special guest" slot appears. 

Nah if Disclosure are on Pyramid they're definitely subbing. If they're on Other it's time to get excited again.

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

I know you've said you'll see LCD instead of Muse but what happens if they play another day and Muse and Sigur Ros clash?

I've not moved onto considering that one yet. I'd be less inclined to miss Muse for them than I would be for LCD on account of having already seen Sigur Rós, but I'm not sure atm.

6 minutes ago, chestwig said:

At what point last year did we have the vast majority of the lineup?

West Holts headliners where the best for me last year, so really holding out for something good here. Reckon we might have that this month?

I imagine so. If Emily wasn't yanking our chains and we are indeed getting more info this month, I should the West Holts headliners will be revealed by the end of the month. You'll probably be able to work them out soon enough anyway.