DJ Cull

Parquet Courts

Savage's album is great, I was supposed to see him at soup kitchen but couldn't get out of bed with the flu. Poor excuse I know but I probably did the rest of the audience a favour...

3 minutes ago, majormajormajor said:

what is this?

Most likely a countdown to a new album announcement. New one produced by Danger Mouse, apparently. For a band who've always make a point of avoiding the internet for publicity, it's a bit of a change in stance.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Can't quite believe this.

Ridiculous song, really hope the album delivers on this.

Edited by Mash011

4 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Ridiculous song, really hope the album delivers on this.

I've heard the song before, you plant. I meant Parquet Courts playing their incredibly danceable new song on a daytime talk show.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I've heard the song before, you plant. I meant Parquet Courts playing their incredibly danceable new song on a daytime talk show.

Yeah it's just whenever I hear Parquet Courts incredible danceable new song 'Wide Awake' I feel compelled to make some variation on that same comment. Ridiculous song.

2 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Yeah it's just whenever I hear Parquet Courts incredible danceable new song 'Wide Awake' I feel compelled to make some variation on that same comment. Ridiculous song.

Well you're not wrong there. I think the first time I heard it, it kinda washed over me as the sort of thing you'd hear soundtracking a kids' clothes advert. Seeing them play it out with dazed backing singers, conga players and mums dancing in the crowd confirms I haven't been giving it enough credit.

yeh this is very odd. Got high hopes for the album though, consistently excellent band.

That's bananas. Wonder if the peg was in any way a reference to Noel's scissors thing, I doubt it. Amazing stuff either way.

Although as joseph nellums points out in the comments, 'katie parry sings it better'

Hahaha Love it

Man these guys really are the tits right? This albums gonna take up the top 3 spaces of my AOTY list at this rate 

Stupidly great album. Tenderness and Violence are massive jams but every song is very strong. 

Yep really loving the album, ridiculously consistent band. It's a shame they don't seem to do that many shows over here outside festivals.

Honestly this album is just remarkable. I'm reading the lyrics to 'Violence' now and it's just crazy how they actually manage to deliver verses like this in a way that doesn't just work but is really fun. Absolute fire.

image.thumb.png.63b5d2d38efa0a826ead970375daebfc.png

15 minutes ago, suttttttt said:

How have you guys heard the album? Has it leaked?

yes