Parquet Courts

DJ Cull

On 5/26/2018 at 11:41 AM, FloorFiller said:

Pretty sure the 1-2 of Master of my Craft/Borrowed Time is a set staple for them so you should be in luck. Agree on Light Up Gold still being their best one and I doubt they'll ever top it for me.

Probably out of luck with Ducking & Dodging as the current sets they're playing seem to be pretty new album heavy. Think they opened their Glastonbury 2014 set with it and it was ace.

Light Up Gold into Sunbathing Animal ?

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Finally got round to listening to the new album a couple of weeks ago and since then it's been on constant rotation along with ConMan.

It's.... brilliant. AOTY brilliant.

Yep, the odd single aside I’ve never really been a fan but this one is tremendous, both musically and lyrically. One of the best albums I’ve heard this decade, let alone year.

• 3 months later...

Seeing them again tonight, work is really really long at the moment so I'll have to take it easy but I'm buzzing for it.

Weird one coz the first couple of times I saw them thought nothing of them really. Loved their albums that much I stool with them and thank fuck I did, must have been unlucky or something.

19 minutes ago, Splonk said:

Just back from Parquet Courts at Manchester Ritz - the crowd were well up for it, with a massive mosh pit for the first 20 minutes, then it all went extremely flat.

3/10 ?

I thought the whole gig was great but there was a definite mid tempo lull of a few songs halfway through that they never really recovered from, coupled with the long breaks between songs filled with the shite banter I mentioned above. 

24 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Bad crowd or bad gig?

Crowd 9/10

PC 3/10

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I thought the whole gig was great but there was a definite mid tempo lull of a few songs halfway through that they never really recovered from, coupled with the long breaks between songs filled with the shite banter I mentioned above. 

It was like a clumsy teenage relationship - they were in a  big rush to take their pants off, and when they did, all that was left was a bit of arkward banter.

They're probably knackered.

Edited by Splonk

I loved the manchester set, dead from work so ended up at the back anyway but had a great time. Really enjoyed the set as it was happening then realised walking out we'd missed a lot of my favourite songs (pretty machines, sunbathing animal, Berlin got blurry) thought it was a testament to the band I wasn't  waiting for them to play them the whole set though. Really loved the lighting and that as well. 

Is it true that's the first time they've played Tenderness?! I'd feel hard done by if they hadn't, could be my song of the year!

8.5/10 (I hate rating gigs but couldn't let the only rating sit at 3 ahah)

Edited by priest17
Spellcheck

15 minutes ago, priest17 said:

8.5/10 (I hate rating gigs but couldn't let the only rating sit at 3 ahah) 

Granted, maybe 3/10 is a bit harsh.

I was maybe a bit grumpy after seeing a scarf for sale on the merch stand priced at a cool £30 sterling.

Robbing barstewards.

?

Seeing them in Newcastle tonight although I am only familiar with the few songs i've heard on the radio (Got the tickets on a BOGOF deal from a friend). The setlist from last night is 21 songs! Will be an interesting show based on the above comments. I was going to try learn more songs in the last few days but it's nice to be surprised sometimes.