Parquet Courts

DJ Cull

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Only got access to mobile now. Care to post them? One of the tours I’m most stoked for this year.

Nov. 3th @ Academy 2
Dublin, IE

Nov. 4th @ O2 Ritz
Manchester, UK

Nov. 5th @ Boiler Shop
Newcastle, UK 

Nov. 6th @ SWG3
Galsgow, UK 

Nov. 7th @ The Church
Leeds, UK

Nov. 10th @ SWX
Bristol, UK

Nov. 12th @ Roundhouse
London, UK

Just now, Mouseboy11 said:

Nov. 3th @ Academy 2
Dublin, IE

Nov. 4th @ O2 Ritz
Manchester, UK

Nov. 5th @ Boiler Shop
Newcastle, UK 

Nov. 6th @ SWG3
Galsgow, UK 

Nov. 7th @ The Church
Leeds, UK

Nov. 10th @ SWX
Bristol, UK

Nov. 12th @ Roundhouse
London, UK

Was hoping for Liverpool, but that Manchester date will do. Nice one! 

On 5/18/2018 at 2:55 PM, priest17 said:

Glad its on Spotify now, bloody love it. I've gotten past my initial waiting for the album to finally get to Fight/Patience as well which is making a case to be one of my favourite songs ever.

Just had my second listen through and I'm about at that stage though I'm a big fan of the first few, Fight/Patience is just an incredible song. Freebird II is also a class song. 

Really great album, early contender for AOTY for me. Loving Extinction lyrically, love the self improvement message. Tenderness was a huge way to the album. I'm hooked now, can see myself rinsing this album over the next few weeks.

That melon man from YouTube has reviewed this album and scored it at the very least 2 less than it deserves.

In other news I managed to whittle down my number of plays of this album to 4 today, I might even finish an album by someone else tomorrow.

22 hours ago, Quark said:

Any joy?

Was at a wedding yesterday and at about 5pm someone asked me what music I was listening to these days and Parquet Courts came up. Said I was going to see them and then realised I forgot to get tickets! Logged on and got them in my phone. After a couple of minutes of utter panic. 

Gigs rarely sell out these days here. You get sorted?

7 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Was at a wedding yesterday and at about 5pm someone asked me what music I was listening to these days and Parquet Courts came up. Said I was going to see them and then realised I forgot to get tickets! Logged on and got them in my phone. After a couple of minutes of utter panic. 

Gigs rarely sell out these days here. You get sorted?

Smooth :D

Yep, FAK at Brighton done and dusted. Only problem  with priority is I had to go through Ticketbastard, so ended up with nearly a tenner added to the fee for admin fees and ticket delivery. Still no idea why I didn't just wait for Friday morning!

Got two for Bristol SWX. Went to SWX for car seat headrest last week and thought it was a decent venue. Easy to get to the bars and good sight lines to the stage. Also amuses me that I used to go to no alchohol ‘nappy nights’ there when I was about 12/13 ha.

enjoying the PQ album, but if they don’t play the master my craft/borrowed time double hitter I will cry lol. One of my favourite opening one/twos of any album. Light up gold still my fav album and will take something  spectacular to top it.

Would also like to see ducking and dodging live but not sure much chance of that, that vocal must be tough to deliver and nail it (not sure where he gets his breaths in)

1 minute ago, internetjef said:

enjoying the PQ album, but if they don’t play the master my craft/borrowed time double hitter I will cry lol. One of my favourite opening one/twos of any album. Light up gold still my fav album and will take something  spectacular to top it.

Would also like to see ducking and dodging live but not sure much chance of that, that vocal must be tough to deliver and nail it (not sure where he gets his breaths in)

Pretty sure the 1-2 of Master of my Craft/Borrowed Time is a set staple for them so you should be in luck. Agree on Light Up Gold still being their best one and I doubt they'll ever top it for me.

Probably out of luck with Ducking & Dodging as the current sets they're playing seem to be pretty new album heavy. Think they opened their Glastonbury 2014 set with it and it was ace.

If anything they've improved the craft/time combo by launching into Sunbathing Animal sometimes.

This album is fucking supreme, I feel like I've gone about this but all the humans in my life are sick hearing about it and I need to get it out. Can't get tickets till payday but I doubt it'll sell out for a few weeks at least.

• 3 weeks later...