Worthy view questions

crocodiles

Just a few simple questions 

1 is there a cash machine on worthy do you get charged are there massive queues for it.

2 do most bars food places take cards

3 are there lock ups on worthy do they have big queues . 

Just trying to work out what's best cash cards or more of one than other . 

Cheers 

38 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

Just a few simple questions 

1 is there a cash machine on worthy do you get charged are there massive queues for it.

2 do most bars food places take cards

3 are there lock ups on worthy do they have big queues . 

Just trying to work out what's best cash cards or more of one than other . 

Cheers 

I've stayed the last two years so feel qualified to answer.

1. No, not that I remember seeing anyway. There are plenty on the main site. Info on the Glasto website.

2. I've always taken cash so can't answer this, I don't recall ever seeing a card machine though.

3. Nope however there is one just down the hill as you enter the festival site. I keep my valuables/cash there and then stock up each day as required. Also I good shout to have a change of clothes/waterproofs to save you walking all the way back. FYI - the hill means you really only want to enter and leave the site once a day so plan wisely

39 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

Many thanks can I go back out to the worthy view car park to get rid of dirty clothes etc rather than carrying everything back and forth in one day. 

my answer from last year would be no, don't know, no.  Lockup at pennard gate. 

Yes you you can go to the Carpark whenever, I can't usually be bothered myself. worthy view is a big site so depending on where your tent is the Carpark could be 5-20 mins away. Non-scout tents closer to car park entrance. 

12 hours ago, crocodiles said:

Ok cash it is then :mellow:

When you arrive, stash your cash at one of the lockups. That way it's safer than having it all on you, and you can get to it whenever you want.

There are cashpoints (no fee) up by the Farmhouse, but that is a loooooooooooooong walk from Worthy View! 

3 hours ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

When you arrive, stash your cash at one of the lockups. That way it's safer than having it all on you, and you can get to it whenever you want.

There are cashpoints (no fee) up by the Farmhouse, but that is a loooooooooooooong walk from Worthy View! 

Also mobile cashpoints near rear of West Holts field with a queue that stretches to The Park..

Just now, ian the worm said:

Also mobile cashpoints near rear of West Holts field with a queue that stretches to The Park..

Ah yes. A poorly-timed payday in 2005 meant I waited over two hours on Friday morning to use a cashpoint at the bottom of Pennards. At least it had stopped raining at that point, and it wasn't as if there were any bands to see, what with there being no 'leccy to the main stages and that... :D. I'd literally rather walk from Worthy View to Worthy Farm than wait in that queue ever again :)