Vape or Smoke

rebus

23 minutes ago, Harmonic Prospector said:

Sadly it seems that £140 is the cheapest you can get them. However, the saving I have made in tobacco costs cancels that out ten fold. It's just whether you can afford to pay out that initial large cost. 

Good shout that actually. I would save a shit ton of money without the smokes. Gonna hsve to look into these i.ve been meaning to for way too long. 

Cheers mate :)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, russycarps said:

I take only succulent space cakes these days. It always amuses me when the uninitiated don't heed my warning and happily munch down a whole one. 'you can't taste the weed in these! is there even any in there?'

Then an hour later, oblivion.

This happened to us last year, at a festival that we were stewarding at.

Chatting on the first night sitting at the bar.   I mentioned my first Glastonbury when there were ladies selling truffles from baskets.   A bloke who was a supervisor said "oh it's cake you want then is it? Wait there"

He came back with two small cookies and gave us one each.   

By the time we'd finished a pint we were totally gone and had to help each other back to the tent.

Edited by Miesh

https://www.vapefiend.co.uk/portable-vaporizers.html

Found the Arizer solo (normally over £200) on here for £133!  Might be a good site to check for vaping needs, I think.

I'm looking to ditch the fags, but am a daily weed smoker so I want to find a dry herb solution that is both portable and doesn't cost a fortune.

1 hour ago, Spindles said:

https://www.vapefiend.co.uk/portable-vaporizers.html

Found the Arizer solo (normally over £200) on here for £133!  Might be a good site to check for vaping needs, I think.

I'm looking to ditch the fags, but am a daily weed smoker so I want to find a dry herb solution that is both portable and doesn't cost a fortune.

Then look no further. Complete game changer for me. 

12 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I know nothing about any of this, i'm utterly baffled by it, but can i ask a question, stupis as it may be, what's the advantage of this over a little tiny pipe?

vaping is for the nicotine addicted.

It's possible to use it as a carrier for other ... erm ... poisons ... but it works shit. It would only suit someone who rarely smokes and so has no tolerance, because it's impossible to get a high enough concentration into the vaping juice.

</voice of experience>

Edited by eFestivals

17 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

It's possible to use it as a carrier for other ... erm ... poisons ... but it works shit. It would only suit someone who rarely smokes and so has no tolerance, because it's impossible to get a high enough concentration into the vaping juice.

</voice of experience>

Got you. Excellent. All clear. Thanks for that, Neil

36 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

</voice of experience>

I'm glad to hear that Neil as I got an Atmos transporter when I started vaping after Glastonbury last year and I didn't think the effect was strong enough so tobacco came back into my life, just thought I wasn't doing it properly. 
Charm x

I was a smoker for many years, then suddenly gave up one day. I went 6 whole years without even a puff of a cigarette, then one day caved in whilst having a drink...

The thing is for me is that I did (and still do) genuinely enjoy it. Pathetic I know. Luckily though I seem to be one of the few people who can now go whole chunks of time without smoking, then happily have a few whilst drinking, and not fall foul of the regular habit again. 

So I will probably have a few cigarettes at Glastonbury, whilst drinking cider in the sun (because there will be sun)... and then I might not have another for a couple of months! 

For others it wouldn't be worth the risk however, as you may end up back in the habit!

I've been vaping for a while but over New Year's I went away and forgot to take it with me. Ended up smoking for the 3 days I was there and took about 3 weeks to give it up again.

I'd avoid smoking unless you know you're strong willed enough to give it straight up after the fest.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

</voice of experience>

That's certainly not true of the vaporstar or vaporgenie, as there isn't any juicing involved, you just put the product straight into the chamber and the heat shield allows it to be vaporised rather than combusted.  All of the active ingredient is drawn directly, unlike combustion where some of it would burn off into the air or whereever.  Indeed the problem can be that it's very easy to go a bit overboard, much like the folks above refer to with the cakes.

I have no connection to the links below, it's just the first uk place my search turned up which sells them both.

http://www.marketplace-brighton.co.uk/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&zenid=ed05b6df399f1de6763d7bb210b58f6c&keyword=vaporgenie

Again, Neil feel free to delete the external link if you'd rather it not be included, but as the US has states with legalisation or medical prescriptions these days, there are too many discussions to take in of such subjects here http://fuckcombustion.com/

I'm planning to take my Vape with me to Glasto, If I fully charge it just before I go I think it will only require one charge throughout the festival (which if fine) but It depends what battery you have and how long it lasts obviously. 

and really mate its down to what you think you can do, if you think you can go to Glasto and smoke the whole time and then come back and get back on the Vape then more power to you. My plan is to vape during the day and as I get progressively more drunk move on to the cigs. 

As for the 'herbal tobacco' I'll be using my small glass spoon pipe as well as the obvious doobies over the 5 days. If you want to be more discreet though then you could pick up something like this (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Electronics-Snoop-Dogg-Pen-Herbal-Vaporiser/dp/B013ZRRKPW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1459688029&sr=8-1&keywords=snoop+dog+g+pen

You can comfortably get one for under £20 and I've heard there good pieces of kit for that value.  

24 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Dry herb vaporizers are perfectly effective, having tried them myself.  But you have to pay a decent price for one that does the job well.  

Yep, feels like a cleaner high too. If you can spare the cash it's well worth it. I haven't even looked at the supposed liquid vapes for green as they seem pretty pointless with the dry herb options available. 

17 hours ago, Spindles said:

Dry herb vaporizers are perfectly effective, having tried them myself.  But you have to pay a decent price for one that does the job well.  

they've been around for 20+ years, but they're a completely different thing to the vapourisers used for nicotine - and it was those I was commenting on, as that's what the thread was about.

12 hours ago, eFestivals said:

they've been around for 20+ years, but they're a completely different thing to the vapourisers used for nicotine - and it was those I was commenting on, as that's what the thread was about.

Ah, I saw the OP mention of "special smokes" and forgot the rest of it ;)

Iknow you are talking nicotine e vapes.. BUT if you want a herb vape

get one of these  https://www.vapefiend.co.uk/storm-vaporizer-pen.html?page=all

I have had several vapes, from magic flight to arizer solo.. this really packs a punch, very well made. SOLID. takes 18650 bateries as well. cant recommend this enough !

3 hours ago, mrfunk said:

That's the baby that my mates got. He rates it very highly. I don't seem to get anything from using it though.

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick
Edited just to say that that doesn't stop me from inhaling from the thing.

I'd rather sit here on my high horse smoking cigarettes because my government, (who is losing millions in duty) says that vaping is not safe whilst cigarettes are.... Oh we are better off in Europe too. Why??? You don't need to know, just because we say, ok!

6 hours ago, markian said:

I'd rather sit here on my high horse smoking cigarettes because my government, (who is losing millions in duty) says that vaping is not safe whilst cigarettes are.... Oh we are better off in Europe too. Why??? You don't need to know, just because we say, ok!

Do what?