Worthy View queries

Hotchilidog

Well now that we have our first glimpse of the line-up the excitement is well and truly up running.

This year I have booked two bell tents for my group for my first stay at Worthy View. Just a couple of questions.

First of all, when do you confirm the list of people for the tents. I did submit a list with the booking but I had no acknowledgement of the lit on my booking confirmation.

Second. I'll be travelling by coach, the rest by car potentially arriving at different times, is this an issue or will their be a list of 'campers' at the gate the to be checked off. Or will everyone have to wait for me to turn up as lead booker (or indeed vice versa if the coach driver puts his foot down!)

Apologies for the somewhat basic nature of these enquiries but I am a WV virgin and just happened to be the one in my group that got through in the sale first.

1 hour ago, Hotchilidog said:

Well now that we have our first glimpse of the line-up the excitement is well and truly up running.

This year I have booked two bell tents for my group for my first stay at Worthy View. Just a couple of questions.

First of all, when do you confirm the list of people for the tents. I did submit a list with the booking but I had no acknowledgement of the lit on my booking confirmation.

Second. I'll be travelling by coach, the rest by car potentially arriving at different times, is this an issue or will their be a list of 'campers' at the gate the to be checked off. Or will everyone have to wait for me to turn up as lead booker (or indeed vice versa if the coach driver puts his foot down!)

Apologies for the somewhat basic nature of these enquiries but I am a WV virgin and just happened to be the one in my group that got through in the sale first.

The list of people you've already given for each tent is the list Worthy View will have to check you off against on arrival. If you need to change this then email them.

For different arrival times you should make sure each of you has a copy of the confirmation email given to the lead booker and email worthy view in advance regarding the split arrival times - we've done this in the past and it's fine.

take something to attach to the outside of the tent - rows and rows of identical tents can make it tricky to find yours!!!!

worthyview@glastonburyfestivals.co.uk

Edited by not worthy

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Jules62 said:

The maximum number in bell tents is 6, only the scout tents sleep 8 :D

Hi Jules,

I think it is 4 in a bell tent (if it is the same as last year, although they could easily fit 6 in), but if they have 2 this would mean they could have upto 8 people...

The reason I ask is we booked one for 3 of us and there may be 2 more, but would only be able to get 4 of us through the gates. so would need to 'borrow' a spare space in someone elses tent...bit of a long ask. Or we will just refund the bell tent. 

This is of course unless you can now have 6 in a bell tent which is perfect!! x

2 hours ago, GemmaBrown said:

Hi Jules,

I think it is 4 in a bell tent (if it is the same as last year, although they could easily fit 6 in), but if they have 2 this would mean they could have upto 8 people...

The reason I ask is we booked one for 3 of us and there may be 2 more, but would only be able to get 4 of us through the gates. so would need to 'borrow' a spare space in someone elses tent...bit of a long ask. Or we will just refund the bell tent. 

This is of course unless you can now have 6 in a bell tent which is perfect!! x

WV will only allow the amount of people advertised when they sold them. If it says 4-man then only 4 people will be allowed in

I think you would struggle to find someone willing as you need to let me know who is staying in advance (if they follow the same procedures as last year that is), good luck though!

Ahh, yes the biggest they do this year is the 4 person, we had the 6 person last year but have had to go for 6-8 person scout this year as we have a bigger group.  Hope you find someone with 'capacity' to help, we did this one year at the iow festival and it all worked out fine