Adele

mumzilla

11 hours ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Every time I’ve read these recent Adele posts I’ve been thinking to myself it’s like Messi fans online posting him breaking records, etc., to show how good he is, when everybody in the world already knows it. 

And then a few days later bang on about Lewandowski actually being a better finisher, and shortly after that saying Ronaldo is actually their favourite and Harry Kane would smash it on a bigger stage…

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Hello is something else...

I was thinking the same. 

I'll never forget my mate saying "it's going to freak me right out if her eyes open" in a stoned daze. Then it happened and she went on to blow our f**king minds.

Incredible set. There's something about the entire pyramid field singing along which hits me right in the feels.

22 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

If standing is an issue I would wait, personally. I'd be very surprised if she doesn't do something else later in '22, probably arenas.

Yeah but dont a lot of people just picnic in the back and sit on blankets and such? I would argue you likely get more value because of the support acts which get announced than the solo gig whenever that comes about.

Edited by Suprefan

14 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Yeah but dont a lot of people just picnic in the back and sit on blankets and such? I would argue you likely get more value because of the support acts which get announced than the solo gig whenever that comes about.

It's a lot less of a picnic-y vibe at the sold out shows, and there's generally always a bit of aggro between people who want to stand and people who want to have a nice sit down on a blanket.

If someone has accessibility issues or doesn't want to be on their feet for ages then I wouldn't recommend an (inevitably sold out, high capacity) Hyde Park show, personally, just from what I've seen there.

35 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

It's a lot less of a picnic-y vibe at the sold out shows, and there's generally always a bit of aggro between people who want to stand and people who want to have a nice sit down on a blanket.

If someone has accessibility issues or doesn't want to be on their feet for ages then I wouldn't recommend an (inevitably sold out, high capacity) Hyde Park show, personally, just from what I've seen there.

Aah. Surprised they havent created a boundary for that sort of thing. You can picnic up to a certain point on the field and anything past that is just standing. A few fests over here have it set up that way so there isnt that type of problem within the audience. 

55 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Yeah, I think BST shows are generally good value especially if you like the sub (normally a big artist) and always a strong supporting line up.

Always plenty of space at the back for those who want to chill out. Although from the back everything on the main stage is a tiny speck. As pointed out what does cause an issue is those who want to sit on the ground but also want to be towards the front or later in the day mid way when it starts to get busy.

They also have a bad habit of sometimes putting a large act on the small stage at the back early evening which leads to dangerously large crowds in that corner of the park. However, not unique in festival organisation to have a big act on a far to small stage or tent.

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Aah. Surprised they havent created a boundary for that sort of thing. You can picnic up to a certain point on the field and anything past that is just standing. A few fests over here have it set up that way so there isnt that type of problem within the audience. 

Hyde Park is flat as a pancake so sightlines for any would be picnickers are usually going to stretch to just as far as the arse of the first person standing in front of then.

6 hours ago, JoeyT said:

I was thinking the same. 

I'll never forget my mate saying "it's going to freak me right out if her eyes open" in a stoned daze. Then it happened and she went on to blow our f**king minds.

Incredible set. There's something about the entire pyramid field singing along which hits me right in the feels.

Always get goosebumps watching the first few minutes. Inserting Glastonbury into the lyrics, the 'fuckin' ell''.... you just knew she was there to absolutely slay it. 

Can only imagine how amazing it was when to be there in person. 

5 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Last few Hyde Parks I've been to there has been a "No Picnic Blankets Beyond This Point" sign. Which people just ignore/is not enforced. It was like being on a beach the last time I was there (Young/Dylan).

Between that and it not really being a great view unless you've paid for gold circle etc. I swore it'd take someone special to get me back there again. Which for me is not Adele.