Adele

mumzilla

35 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Cause Oprah is doing the interview?

Maybe....I think I'm just a little miffed that this 'exclusive' is US focused when surely there are UK majors that could have grabbed this?

I'm probably going to get beaten up for having a sense of entitlement here but hey, Adele, remember where you came from eh?

25 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I presume the new single has been discussed, TLDR - but it seems pretty generic to me.  I listened to a bit of it, before skipping through to see if anything happened.  And it didn't.

It’s an Adele song. She’s been cranking out the same stuff for years. There’s the slightly more uptempo sad one and the slower pianoey sad one.

2 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Maybe....I think I'm just a little miffed that this 'exclusive' is US focused when surely there are UK majors that could have grabbed this?

I'm probably going to get beaten up for having a sense of entitlement here but hey, Adele, remember where you came from eh?

I didn’t know that there was somebody in the UK thats on a first name basis with the world who could draw an audience like this will. Harry and Meghan did just fine and they sure as hell weren’t going to do it with a UK outlet. Plus Oprah’s house is just over an hour away from Adele’s.

I'm a bit confused by those praising her lyrical honesty on this Adele by numbers track (I think this is musically very weak by her standards).  It basically seems to be her saying that she had her child young, and then realised she wanted to live life more than her initial choices had allowed her to.   A lot of us who had kids young realise that we may have missed out on lots of stuff our mates got up to, some either don't want to or can't do anything about it, others break up, and it can have all sort of effects on the people involved.  The lyrics are hardly searingly insightful or incredibly brave though.

23 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

I didn’t know that there was somebody in the UK thats on a first name basis with the world who could draw an audience like this will. Harry and Meghan did just fine and they sure as hell weren’t going to do it with a UK outlet. Plus Oprah’s house is just over an hour away from Adele’s.

That would very much depend on your choice of daily newspaper, at least in this country.

21 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Celebrating how Adele's sales are bigger than someone's favourite artist is like celebrating how McDonalds is so much bigger than someone's favourite restaurant.

Every time I’ve read these recent Adele posts I’ve been thinking to myself it’s like Messi fans online posting him breaking records, etc., to show how good he is, when everybody in the world already knows it. In fact it’s even more dumb because Adele already has the fanbase in place to achieve this, all she has to do is literally release a song.

Everybody knows Adele is the biggest there is. We know she’s going to outsell everyone and break records. Why would anyone see that happening and think “I should post this on a forum and act like it’s a surprise”? People are acting like it’s some up and coming artist achieving this and that it’s some huge shock.

But it’s true, I am mad because Easy on Me has sold more than the new Mitski song.

11 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Every time I’ve read these recent Adele posts I’ve been thinking to myself it’s like Messi fans online posting him breaking records, etc., to show how good he is, when everybody in the world already knows it. In fact it’s even more dumb because Adele already has the fanbase in place to achieve this, all she has to do is literally release a song.

Everybody knows Adele is the biggest there is. We know she’s going to outsell everyone and break records. Why would anyone see that happening and think “I should post this on a forum and act like it’s a surprise”? People are acting like it’s some up and coming artist achieving this and that it’s some huge shock.

But it’s true, I am mad because Easy on Me has sold more than the new Mitski song.

image.gif.4285a9d9b2d117a7e8011f0c56990100.gif

9 hours ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Ratio'd

• Upvote 2