Adele

mumzilla

23 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

More of a slightly unremarkable 21/25 album track than a storming lead off single, but it’s nice enough. Hopefully she’s saving the big guns for later.

Apparently most of 30 is going to be experimental sounds, even doing some weird filtering stuff with her voice. Really looking forward to that - last thing I want from Adele is more of the same.

Edited by kalifire

34 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

55B58A53-BED4-4933-BB7F-B051389917B3.gif

8 minutes ago, kalifire said:

9397B01B-E27C-47FC-B53F-5C607796B8A2.gif.c2842b24eed50ef8e47b5d352fe7ed2c.gif

I’m not here to compare but Adele’s ability to disappear off the face of the earth and come back exactly where she left off is unique. Judging by the reaction to this lead single alone you can see that her fan base hasn’t gone anywhere. Looks like this is going to have a debut just as big as Hello.

Edited by Matt42

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m not here to compare but Adele’s ability to disappear off the face of the earth and come back exactly where she left off is unique. Judging by the reaction to this lead single alone you can see that her fan base hasn’t gone anywhere. Looks like this is going to have a debut just as big as Hello.

She didn't disappear off the earth, she was busy misappropriating Jamaican culture.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Beyoncé has equally done fuck all of real note since Lemonade and you can bet your arse that her return will be just as big. 

This song getting to number one and being everywhere is inevitable, but I certainly don’t think it’s got the staying power of her precious big hitters. I like it, but it’s very Adele by numbers and I can’t imagine (or at least hope) it’s gonna be a highlight of the album or the albums big single. 

17 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Adele’s fan base was never going to go anywhere.

I dunno why you always think people are just going to forget an artist exists if they go more than three weeks without releasing anything.

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Beyoncé has equally done fuck all of real note since Lemonade and you can bet your arse that her return will be just as big. 

This song getting to number one and being everywhere is inevitable, but I certainly don’t think it’s got the staying power of her precious big hitters. I like it, but it’s very Adele by numbers and I can’t imagine (or at least hope) it’s gonna be a highlight of the album or the albums big single. 

We’ve all forgotten about the lion king album and Disney film too then?

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Adele’s fan base was never going to go anywhere.

I dunno why you always think people are just going to forget an artist exists if they go more than three weeks without releasing anything.

Well where did Katy Perry’s go? Seems like she’s been sailing with little crew since 2017 onwards….

Just now, Matt42 said:

Well where did Katy Perry’s go? Seems like she’s been sailing with little crew since 2017 onwards….

Katy Perry released two absolute clunker albums when she needed to really make her mark as a major pop gal. The pop crowd is definitely the most unforgiving if you don’t deliver the goods as there are constantly new acts coming in ready to take the throne.