Adele

mumzilla

21 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It’s only the fifth biggest in London. And playing those larger stadium venues grants more creative freedom and generates more profit than playing under a festival banner.

A quick google suggests that only the London Stadium and Wembley are bigger (Spurs’ concert capacity is 62k and Emirates 60k). HP’s 2019 capacity was 65k.

None of the stadia have the prestige that comes with playing a historic venue such as HP.

If anything Adele would be the perfect act for BST to nab. Her fan base would lap up the various VIP packages, early entry and all the other bullshit they try to slap on top.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

A quick google suggests that only the London Stadium and Wembley are bigger (Spurs’ concert capacity is 62k and Emirates 60k). HP’s 2019 capacity was 65k.

None of the stadia have the prestige that comes with playing a historic venue such as HP.

If anything Adele would be the perfect act for BST to nab. Her fan base would lap up the various VIP packages, early entry and all the other bullshit they try to slap on top.

Twickenham is significantly bigger than 65k for concerts as well.

Edited by incident

Maybe it’s venue availability but I would be surprised if that’s all Adele could secure. I feel like the music industry has been waiting on her to come back since 2019 and the pandemic delayed her album by a year (hence the SNL booking). This won’t have been a last minute thing. 

Adele is an important person to the music industry. People buy her records. Her albums fly off the shelves of physical stores. People all around the world are clamouring to see her live and will pay anything. I think this is why she gets the exposure she does - she’s like a taste of the old for the industry, how things used to be before the market changed so much. I won’t be surprised if some major venues held a “house seat” for her just in case she decided to hit the road later than usual.

You know how people used to queue up outside places like HMV (or whatever) to get the new Oasis album? Adele is the closest thing we have to that nowadays. Taylor Swift definitely had that effect too during Red/1989/Reputation in the states (maybe not so much here).

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

You know how people used to queue up outside places like HMV (or whatever) to get the new Oasis album? Adele is the closest thing we have to that nowadays. Taylor Swift definitely had that effect too during Red/1989/Reputation in the states (maybe not so much here).

Millions and millions of the nation’s mums timing their weekly shop so can pick up the new Adele album.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Said in another thread but do you reckon she could sub Kendrick on the Sunday as a special guest? Her betting odds have surged recently on coral. She’s currently got better odds than Paul, Taylor and Kendrick…

972E8326-8111-4FEF-A6E4-415B5B13A826.jpeg

59CE704D-75AF-4645-9AE3-A6BE6610B87D.jpeg

Betting odds are based on how people are betting rather than what is the most likely outcome, it’s why you don’t see broke bookies as the system is designed to protect bookies from a loss regardless of the outcome. A few people have probably seen she is active again and placed a few bets on her being there which made the odds be slashed.

1 minute ago, jump said:

Betting odds are based on how people are betting rather than what is the most likely outcome, it’s why you don’t see broke bookies as the system is designed to protect bookies from a loss regardless of the outcome. A few people have probably seen she is active again and placed a few bets on her being there which made the odds be slashed.

I agree but in the lead up to 2019 and 2020 Kendrick and Aerosmith topped the odds way before we had any info of them doing it. There is always insider betting too which can help give the game away.

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Said in another thread but do you reckon she could sub Kendrick on the Sunday as a special guest? Her betting odds have surged recently on coral. She’s currently got better odds than Paul, Taylor and Kendrick…

972E8326-8111-4FEF-A6E4-415B5B13A826.jpeg

59CE704D-75AF-4645-9AE3-A6BE6610B87D.jpeg

We’ve reached that special time of Glastonbury speculation where people start throwing out the batshit suggestions.

1 minute ago, Ddiamondd said:

Laura Snapes got a rare non-Glasto quote from Emily Eavis in The Guardian this week… about Adele…

time to slap a hugely presumptuous It’s Happening gif in the chat?

Speaking about how she convinced Adele to headline four years ago, she said: "We'd love Adele back, I mean Adele is a child of the festival. She kind of grew up coming here. When we were watching Kanye she agreed to do it and we were looking out at the crowd and it was this enormous enormous crowd just the field was packed and there were all of these kind of camera phones pointing towards the stage and it just looked amazing, everyone was chanting and I was just like 'C'mon, c'mon c'mon you've got to do it' and she [Adele] was like 'I'm gonna do it!' "

3 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Where's this? (Sounds like one of the book anecdotes)

From a radio show she did when the festival wasn’t on apparently 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/emily-eavis-wants-adele-back-171255965.html

https://www.femalefirst.co.uk/music/musicnews/emily-eavis-wants-adele-back-glastonbury-1247528.html

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Maybe it’s venue availability but I would be surprised if that’s all Adele could secure. I feel like the music industry has been waiting on her to come back since 2019 and the pandemic delayed her album by a year (hence the SNL booking). This won’t have been a last minute thing. 

Adele is an important person to the music industry. People buy her records. Her albums fly off the shelves of physical stores. People all around the world are clamouring to see her live and will pay anything. I think this is why she gets the exposure she does - she’s like a taste of the old for the industry, how things used to be before the market changed so much. I won’t be surprised if some major venues held a “house seat” for her just in case she decided to hit the road later than usual.

Do you mean that places wouldn't book anything in case Adele decides to play? Genuinley don't know what a house seat is? Unless you mean in the crowd? And as way back when led zeppelin reformed some people are much more equal than others (unless Noel gallagher  etcreally was just lucky to be 1 of the 2million who got selected by ballot.) 

Its the new peerage system. 

Meet the new boss same as the old boss.

(Bug bear of mine obviously)