Adele

mumzilla

Is there an artist right now that would cause a bigger scrum for tickets than Adele? (No, I don’t think Swfit would before anyone says so). It would be T-Day levels but just for her.

Only similar experience I can recall was when Peter Kay announced that run of O2 dates he later cancelled. That was bedlam, he ended up selling something ludicrous like 40 nights.

4 hours ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

I’d say this is probably the most likely outcome we’ve got over here. She named her dog after Aaron Lennon iirc.

I've seen her a few times at the lane. Think it's defo a shout especially since the club are ramping up events now after the AJ fight success

1 hour ago, NoBuses said:

I've seen her a few times at the lane. Think it's defo a shout especially since the club are ramping up events now after the AJ fight success

She was also, if memory serves, the hold music on the Spurs ticket line for a good few years.

Guns N Roses and Gaga are already slated for next Summer there. Not much of a jump to have 21 nights of Adele on top.

5 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Is there an artist right now that would cause a bigger scrum for tickets than Adele? (No, I don’t think Swfit would before anyone says so). It would be T-Day levels but just for her.

Only similar experience I can recall was when Peter Kay announced that run of O2 dates he later cancelled. That was bedlam, he ended up selling something ludicrous like 40 nights.

She is a unique feat I must say. I think it’s because of her cross-over appeal. She really doesn’t have a fan base either because her fans are just … well… everyone. I’m sure it’s not a stretch as I think by the end of her career she will surely match them in terms of sales and reach - but it’s just like the Beatles really. Huge crossover appeal.

With just three albums she’s one of the best selling artists of all time. The artists who occupy the top spots have dozens of albums to get to that level.

120m+ albums worldwide I think and she only has 3 of them.

Edited by Matt42

5 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

BTS, which is currently happening over here. 4 nights in los angeles. Every ticket holder from the previous tour which was cancelled are eligible to purchase tickets first before the general public. So a million people fighting for about 200,000 tickets doesnt sound fun.

Just now, Suprefan said:

BTS, which is currently happening over here. 4 nights in los angeles. Every ticket holder from the previous tour which was cancelled are eligible to purchase tickets first before the general public. So a million people fighting for about 200,000 tickets doesnt sound fun.

Sounds like a certain October morning…

38 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

As much as I loved seeing her at Glastonbury I don't really feel the need to see her again. I think once was enough to get the whole Adele experience.

Besides, no show of hers could ever top that Glasto set.

I'm with this.  Faithless 2010 and Nile Rodgers 2017 spring to mind as never replicating the glories of 2002 and 2013.

That said.....I'd still probably be there.

She was a great pick for Glastonbury and the beauty of festivals is you get to see people you wouldn't pay to see individually but will give it a try because your there. 

I went along in 2016 and although I'm not particularly a fan thought she started great but by late set was all a bit samey to me so we didn't stay till end . She had an amazing voice but its just not for me .

So glad to see her once but no desire to see her again .

13 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Insight on the first track

- first song written for the album and it’s a divorce anthem. 

Sounds like the year of divorce albums… first Kacey now Adele. If Adele pulls off a divorce album it’s probably going to be massive.

It's Adele, it'll be massive regardless of what she sings about.

27 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

25 was middling, so hoping for a return to 21 form.

Nah 25 was a more solid album than 21 imo. 25 is a much smoother listen start to finish.

21 has a few tracks that could have been shaved off. 25 felt really nice and edited. No song overstays it’s welcome.

Edited by Matt42

38 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

What if I told you somethings coming next week. And wont be where you expect, but it’s happening.

Cheese and Grain obvs 👍

6 month residency....but not alternate Fridays as they can't move the Seed and Bulb Swap. 

Edited by parsonjack
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Adele at Hyde park would sell out instantly, even if she put three+ dates up.

She’ll sell anywhere out instantly. People forget though that HP is one of the biggest venues in the country.

Only other place I could think of is Knebworth - they wouldn’t build all that infrastructure just for Liam would they?

6 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

https://www.google.co.nz/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-58842727.amp

Divorce album confirmed... I’m out.

Jokes... I was never in 😉

Jokes... of course I’m gonna listen to it.

Possibly.

If she plays in my back garden for free, I'll go and stay in a hotel for the night! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John the Moth said:

https://www.google.co.nz/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-58842727.amp

Divorce album confirmed... I’m out.

Jokes... I was never in 😉

Jokes... of course I’m gonna listen to it.

Possibly.

The song thats going to explain it to her son is gonna be brutal. But everyone will sing it.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Given that @Suprefan has called BST info before I’m going for Hyde Park.