Adele

mumzilla

7 hours ago, thatcrazypenguin said:

what disturbs me more to be honest is the fact that the Belgium flag overlaying campaign on Facebook seems to be being promoted and carried on by a lot of people who are also expressing some very hateful views alongside it,  ranting about immigrants, refugees, blah blah blah

Tell you one thing these poor innocent people who lost their lives wouldn't want spread around in the name of sympathy for them? the very same kind of hate that motivated this attack simply from the other side of the coin.

That's an odd assumption to make though. By the law of averages I imagine some of them were racist reactionary bigots too.

• 3 months later...
On 22 March 2016 at 9:18 AM, Peroni said:

Just saw Adele, last night at the 02 and she really does bring the banter.  Completely personable, engaging and really really funny.  Doesn't take her self to seriously and plays the hits exactly what you want in a festival headliner (Bruce, I am looking at you - I mean- who doesn't play born in the USA??!?)

Some of her songs are priceless, goosebumping, hair standing at the back of neck kind of awesome and I look forward to my singalong at the best show on earth! 

Called it :lol:

Adele was great - enough of her songs have been "britney speared" into your head to allow those who aren't die hards to singalong and get lost in a moment and to therefore to feel at ease. 

Left our group with a smile on our faces ready to hit the sat night in the right way!

yep absolutely loved it. me and all my friends were the perfect amount of pissed for it and the entire crowd was belting out every single word. tbh, although i always knew it'd be great, i feel like a fool for ever doubting she could pull it off. it was something that might not happen again, or at least for a long time (can't see her jumping on the festival circuit) and there really was one of those 'this is gonna be special' vibes in the crowd

agree that it was absolute hell to get out of the field afterwards. lost all of my friends on the way out and spent most of the rest of the night just trying to locate everybody again. madness

The opening of "Hello" was spine tingling. I had no expectations, just took my daughters on a promise. Had a fantastic time! Even cool kid son and cynical husband loved it. I actually cried ( OK a bit pissed and tired too). 

Getting out was awful.. My younger daughter actually started hyperventilating after getting stuck, but came away so happy in the end. 

It was a classic Glastonbury set where you see someone you would never have paid to see on their own, and turns out brilliant! 

3 minutes ago, acidpod23 said:

The opening of "Hello" was spine tingling. I had no expectations, just took my daughters on a promise. Had a fantastic time! Even cool kid son and cynical husband loved it. I actually cried ( OK a bit pissed and tired too). 

Getting out was awful.. My younger daughter actually started hyperventilating after getting stuck, but came away so happy in the end. 

It was a classic Glastonbury set where you see someone you would never have paid to see on their own, and turns out brilliant! 

Yes this was exactly our experience too - it was a set that everyone could enjoy held up with some great patter, charm and singing. We had to cower next to the sounddesk for a while at the end though as otherwise the 12 year old would have got crushed. 

1 minute ago, giantkatestacks said:

Yes this was exactly our experience too - it was a set that everyone could enjoy held up with some great patter, charm and singing. We had to cower next to the sounddesk for a while at the end though as otherwise the 12 year old would have got crushed. 

I wish we had held back. I've got 12 year old twins and an 15 year old, and everyone got a bit anxious to be honest. I got separated from my friend, who got held back but her kids were safe with me. When she caught up she was properly scared they were lost :(