Adele

mumzilla

23 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Whilst open-mindedness is to be cherished and appreciated, it also doesnt say much for the booking when so few are interested in going along.

*edit* amongst the denizens of this forum at least... if she's up against New Order theres 100k in that field for Adele.

Going by posts by @eastynh, you mean?

31 minutes ago, dannygrif said:

Whilst it's already been said, FKA twigs last year (although not headlining) was rather extraordinary. After watching it back on YouTube recently I've come to realise just how fortunate both me and the rest of the crowd were to witness such a spectacle. 

i know she is so much better in person than watching on TV, I really enjoyed her set and so do the fella before pegging it over to watch Chems

2 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

i know she is so much better in person than watching on TV, I really enjoyed her set and so do the fella before pegging it over to watch Chems

Exactly the same movements as me and my group, and an excellent evening was had! 

Just saw Adele, last night at the 02 and she really does bring the banter.  Completely personable, engaging and really really funny.  Doesn't take her self to seriously and plays the hits exactly what you want in a festival headliner (Bruce, I am looking at you - I mean- who doesn't play born in the USA??!?)

Some of her songs are priceless, goosebumping, hair standing at the back of neck kind of awesome and I look forward to my singalong at the best show on earth! 

I didn't realise having good 'banter' (what a hateful word that is) is a prerequisite for headlining the pyramid stage these days. But Adele fans seem very keen to ram this down our throats.

Why?

I suppose vocally complaining about having to contribute towards social services is just 'banter' too.

8 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I didn't realise having good 'banter' (what a hateful word that is) is a prerequisite for headlining the pyramid stage these days. But Adele fans seem very keen to ram this down our throats.

Why?

I suppose vocally complaining about having to contribute towards social services is just 'banter' too.

Pre tell.. what is the pre-requisite for being a headliner in your eyes?  For me its feeling as if you are included in a time and moment with the artist, in that they are not just running the numbers waiting for the pay check.  Perhaps spontaneity is better way to describe it, a genuine feeling of being pleased to be there and excited about playing.  She has this and does it a way that doesn't appear false.

I wouldn't class myself as a massive fan (tickets yesterday was last minute and part of a work thing) but she had for me (and remember its all subjective) all ingredients to do well for a festival crowd.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Did she address the tax thing at all onstage last night?

She said theres been a lot of rumours about what shes said over the weekend... and said none of it was true. But shes also been in the press re the hacking of her private email etc so wasn't completely sure what it was in relation to.

1 minute ago, Peroni said:

She said theres been a lot of rumours about what shes said over the weekend... and said none of it was true. But shes also been in the press re the hacking of her private email etc so wasn't completely sure what it was in relation to.

Not good enough.  I continually do the rounds apologising for things I said when I was 21, so until she does the same she has no place at the festival IMHO.

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not good enough.  I continually do the rounds apologising for things I said when I was 21, so until she does the same she has no place at the festival IMHO.

Hmm.   I'm sure if given the choice people would pay less tax.  No one likes to pay it.... and have a right to be bitter about it. (It's an opinion right)

At least she's paying it vs some corporations and other artists who are actively seeking to avoid it.

Edited by Peroni
Spelling

30 minutes ago, Peroni said:

Hmm.   I'm sure if given the choice people would pay less tax.  No one likes to pay it.... and have a right to be bitter about it. (It's an opinion right)

At least she's paying it vs some corporations and other artists who are actively seeking to avoid it.

I know CaledonianGonzo was just pulling your leg, but there are plenty of people who don't mind contributing to the society they live in, and benefit from. I am pissed off every year my tax bill is reduced as I am exactly the kind of person who should be being taxed more, just have to keep increasing those charity donations instead.

Edited by blackred

24 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Where are the Muse and Coldplay threads at?

Did I say that the interest in Adele was greater than the interest in Muse and Coldplay? There's little interest in any of them!*

The fact they were so obviously playing before the announcements doesn't particularly help.

*on this forum.

the tax thing just gets brought up because people don't like her but have no actual reason to dislike her, it's the only ammo they have

she was 20 years old and got a massive tax bill, I know when I saw my first pay check I paid tax on I said a few choice words against the tax man

now I'm older and wiser I know that paying tax is incredibly important and I don't mind paying it, I'm sure she's the same

and as has already been said, at least she pays her tax