Adele

mumzilla

I'm seeing her at the O2 soon, but I'm still curious to see if she'll change things up for this. Musically she's not for everyone, but she seems a top lass, I'd love to go out on the raz with her. 

Shes very clever, she knows what's she's doing is selling. And she doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks of her. 

Great booking for the festival. I predict the stage will be packed.

Edited by McCor

On 3/19/2016 at 11:32 PM, thatcrazypenguin said:

so lets get this straight your allowed to reply to me im not allowed to answer back? we`re playing that game are we? ok whatever floats ya boat. 

penguin x ;P

You know the rules by now for being a "hater" when these sorts of acts come along :P

1 hour ago, McCor said:

Musically she's not for everyone, but she seems a top lass

I'm not going to trot out the taxes quote but really?

Fair enough she's a good act for the festival to have secured (even though she's not to my tastes) but does no one else think her 'every woman' persona is a little staged? Personally don't take to her at all. 

5 hours ago, OBface said:

does no one else think her 'every woman' persona is a little staged? Personally don't take to her at all. 

I don't know if it's staged or not, but I do find it annoying and it comes across as quite forced. That said, it could well be her coping mechanism for dealing with nerves, overcompensating with this weary 'rough diamond' schtick.

Musically, she'll be great. I've no doubt about that. Unless she's shit, of course.

That someone's opinion of her stagecraft doesn't sit with you, fine. And ensuring everyone gets a fair hearing etc in that noble guard dog of good taste thing you do impeccably well is ace, natch. Failwhale is spouting water all over the Bowie comparison however.

Just now, mcshed said:

Well no if the issue is Adele's stage personae is one based on a supposed lack of artifice.

I don't know that much about her to be honest, but it doesn't look like the stage version of her bold as brass / salt of the earthery is that different from most people of her background / generation.  If she amps it up a bit whilst onstage, she's no different to practically any other performer.

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I don't know that much about her to be honest, but it doesn't look like the stage version of her bold as brass / salt of the earthery is that different from most people of her background / generation.  If she amps it up a bit whilst onstage, she's no different to practically any other performer.

She is not the only one at it certainly, and to be honest it doesn't bother me, I was just pointing out the difference between pretending your down to earth and pretending your from another planet. With one your trying to pretend there is no pretending.

48 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That's fair enough - and that sits her squarely in amongst the John Lennons and the Noel Gallaghers, rather than the Freddie Mercurys and Sun Ras.

From the videos I've seen she's every bit the diva. It's certainly more understated than others, but she's more in common with Freddie than not.

How many on here have an online persona, yet when it comes to the meet they bottle it or are not what was expected? Maybe its nerves, maybe it's on purpose but she come across much less bitchy than some, sort of a Robbie Williams character of the past that you could imagine going down the pub with.

Performance-wise, maybe, but I guess I'm talking more about the 'character' that's communicated in the other moments - whether off or onstage.

And in that case, one of them is toasting the audience with champagne whereas the other one's taking about taking Immodium.

From the videos I've seen she's every bit the diva. It's certainly more understated than others, but she's more in common with Freddie than not.