The Festival Run 2016

deebeedoobee

9 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Thankfully the number of people wanting their money back was minimal, and we now have just 40 places left in total. The 2km race is full.

Would rather have not had the clash but seems the Gods were smiling on our charities.

Good luck all who are running, walking or skipping their way around the farm on Sunday 9th. See you at the start and finish line. I'll be one of the organisers in the bright orange shirts encouraging and congratulating you all. Declare your love of eFestivals and I'll give you a louder cheer! :goodjob:

That's great news there dee. Unfortunately I was one of those who asked for a refund as the logistics of ticket day and run day didnt add up; feeling a little less guilty for bailing on hearing that race day is now virtually full.

Good luck everyone who is participating, whether you walk, jog, run or support, take time to take it all in and enjoy :)

Edited by oneeye

13 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Thankfully the number of people wanting their money back was minimal, and we now have just 40 places left in total. The 2km race is full.

Would rather have not had the clash but seems the Gods were smiling on our charities.

Good luck all who are running, walking or skipping their way around the farm on Sunday 9th. See you at the start and finish line. I'll be one of the organisers in the bright orange shirts encouraging and congratulating you all. Declare your love of eFestivals and I'll give you a louder cheer! :goodjob:

Looking forward to it so much! Mr P&P will be running, with a target of about 30 minutes. I'll be walking (sadly - I'd so much hoped to run along with him) so I'll be interested to hear from anyone else who's planning a 'brisk walk' round the 5k and might like company for a spot of slightly out of breath glastobating?!

On a related note, any recommendations on where to get dinner on Saturday night (in Glastonbury town - we've been to Blue Note and Hundred Monkeys before - where else could we try? We're not veggie but eat lots of veggie / healthy food) and lunch on Sunday (anywhere localish - nice pub lunch?) Thanks!

1 hour ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

Looking forward to it so much! Mr P&P will be running, with a target of about 30 minutes. I'll be walking (sadly - I'd so much hoped to run along with him) so I'll be interested to hear from anyone else who's planning a 'brisk walk' round the 5k and might like company for a spot of slightly out of breath glastobating?!

On a related note, any recommendations on where to get dinner on Saturday night (in Glastonbury town - we've been to Blue Note and Hundred Monkeys before - where else could we try? We're not veggie but eat lots of veggie / healthy food) and lunch on Sunday (anywhere localish - nice pub lunch?) Thanks!

Hawthorns pub in Glastonbury town. Probably need to book. They have amazing curries.

thai elephant in Street is excellent Thai food if you like that sort of thing

rainbows end does excellent veggie food . Open on Sunday but shuts about 4pm

poachers pocket pub chelynch rroad , just outside shepton is really really good for Sunday roast but booking needed. Also the apple tree pub between pilton and Glastonbury does a nice buffet Sunday lunch

On 9/30/2016 at 0:59 PM, deebeedoobee said:

Hawthorns pub in Glastonbury town. Probably need to book. They have amazing curries.

thai elephant in Street is excellent Thai food if you like that sort of thing

rainbows end does excellent veggie food . Open on Sunday but shuts about 4pm

poachers pocket pub chelynch rroad , just outside shepton is really really good for Sunday roast but booking needed. Also the apple tree pub between pilton and Glastonbury does a nice buffet Sunday lunch

Brilliant, many thanks! 

On ‎30‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 11:11 AM, pie_and_a_pint said:

Oh I'd love to have been there P&aP, would have happily taken a brisk 5K walk around the farm with you .... great idea,

Now on my 'to do' list for next year now I know you can brisk walk the course :-)

12 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Oh I'd love to have been there P&aP, would have happily taken a brisk 5K walk around the farm with you .... great idea,

Now on my 'to do' list for next year now I know you can brisk walk the course :-)

I expect I'll be the only walker and will roll in last, hobbling, feeling like a right plonker, but I'm determined to finish it, even if I have to keep my ankle under the RICE reigime for the following fortnight to recover!!!

Would be ACE to see you there next year :)

6 hours ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

I expect I'll be the only walker and will roll in last, hobbling, feeling like a right plonker, but I'm determined to finish it, even if I have to keep my ankle under the RICE reigime for the following fortnight to recover!!!

Good luck , you'll do it and no you won't look like a plonker. Just look awesome for doing it and finishing x have fun and yeah hopefully do it next year x

7 hours ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

Believe me..you won't be last and I'll be on the finish line to cheer you  and all the others in. It's the taking part that matters, and our charities of course.

Just to let you all know I've had to pull out of the run - to add to the ongoing ankle woes, I had to have emergency surgery (by quite a hot dentist - every cloud) on an abcess on my face yesterday. I'm in considerable pain (managed by painkillers) and taking a cocktail of drugs, and to add to this I've barely eaten for four days, so have been told very firmly advised not to try to complete the run/walk. Am very sad, but will be there tomorrow anyway to see Mr P&P complete the 5k.

Hopefully someone on the waiting list can use my spot in the race.

Perhaps this means I should sign up for the 10k next year to make up for it ;)

2 hours ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

Just to let you all know I've had to pull out of the run - to add to the ongoing ankle woes, I had to have emergency surgery (by quite a hot dentist - every cloud) on an abcess on my face yesterday. I'm in considerable pain (managed by painkillers) and taking a cocktail of drugs, and to add to this I've barely eaten for four days, so have been told very firmly advised not to try to complete the run/walk. Am very sad, but will be there tomorrow anyway to see Mr P&P complete the 5k.

Hopefully someone on the waiting list can use my spot in the race.

Perhaps this means I should sign up for the 10k next year to make up for it ;)

sorry to hear that P&PaP. hope the recovery goes well.

on a happier note...we have sold out. gone. varmoosed. endex. Now just the set up to complete and the fun for the runners on the day. Come say hi P&aP. Pilton Digger and me are on the sart finish line with orange hiviz shirts.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

sorry to hear that P&PaP. hope the recovery goes well.

on a happier note...we have sold out. gone. varmoosed. endex. Now just the set up to complete and the fun for the runners on the day. Come say hi P&aP. Pilton Digger and me are on the sart finish line with orange hiviz shirts.

Brilliant news Dee. Have loads of fun x

Thank you everyone who entered, everyone who ran and everyone who came to support. Your support is very much appreciated and our charities (air ambulance and Alzheimers society) have benefited greatly.

The day was sunny and warm, couldn't have asked for better. All who ran out came home, most were smiling.

So good to see 140 + kids running and enjoying themselves.

Thank you, and god willing, I'll see some of you there next year.

• Upvote 3

It's a great event and liked the route, despite having to go up to the top of the stone circle field. Had a good race and just lost out in a sprint finish to someone with younger legs. 

Think the finish times are a bit off in the results though, but there were some 10km runners who only did one lap and so finished just in front of the actual leaders so will have messed things up.

I managed to keep the lead group in sight until the last 2km, but had already lost any hope of catching them back up. 

2 hours ago, robin said:

It's a great event and liked the route, despite having to go up to the top of the stone circle field. Had a good race and just lost out in a sprint finish to someone with younger legs. 

Think the finish times are a bit off in the results though, but there were some 10km runners who only did one lap and so finished just in front of the actual leaders so will have messed things up.

I managed to keep the lead group in sight until the last 2km, but had already lost any hope of catching them back up. 

We were made aware of those that had 10k numbers but decided to bail at 5k by the runners themselves . The times were removed from the results so should not have skewed any result

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

We were made aware of those that had 10k numbers but decided to bail at 5k by the runners themselves . The times were removed from the results so should not have skewed any result

Not a problem. Could have been an early set of times posted outside right after the run, but 4th and 5th should only be a couple of seconds apart as we changed places twice in the last 100m and there definitely wasn't 50 seconds between us. Made no difference to the results though, I still lost. ;)

I'm just annoyed with myself for not training enough this year to have been able to win one of the shoes again. :)

Really enjoyed the run this morning around the site, the weather and the site were both resplendent (if it's the same next June that'll be grand).  As a 10K its a great course and fairly challenging with the hills.  As a Glasto veteran I immensely enjoyed seeing the site in all it's naked glory, even if my 10km time suffered so much from stopping to take some pictures and take it all in.  I am sure it was made all the finer for having got tickets for next years festival in the sale, not sure how my mood would have been if we hadn't!

Thanks for organising.  I hope to be back next year!

Ian

I had an ace time. Mr P&P loved his 5k run and did a pretty decent time running the whole thing having thought he'd have to walk up the hills, and I had a wander down to the Pyramid and enjoyed the lovely weather while the race was going on. GREAT cake too! Quite strange to drive in and park our car in Tom's Field almost exactly where our tent was in June...

Thanks to all the organisers - we'll be back next year (and hopefully I'll be well enough to run!)