The Festival Run 2016

deebeedoobee

1 hour ago, BeddyDriver said:

I will now not be bimbling, Ill be bashing F5 instead :(  Not good timing, right royal fuck up in my eyes :(

Just glad I was sensible to hold off ordering any of the clothing until I was certain of the date !!

This; disappointed about the clash :(

The date was set in March after checking with GFL. They told us they were working towards 2 October for ticket day and we went ahead on that basis. There are a limited amount of days we could chose for a number of reasons and we had to go ahead. GFL have now decided that they want to do tickets on that day and it is a bit harsh that the run is taking rounds for it.

Might indeed be harsh, and of course we get the fact that the run has been dumped on somewhat by GFL. However, the bottom line is I might as well have chucked £20 down the pan..Would have so much worse had i ordered the merchadise like last year though, so silver clouds and all that :/  Feel sorry for the organising crew as well, as im sure numbers are now going to be well down, and I cant see it selling out !

8 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

The date was set in March after checking with GFL. They told us they were working towards 2 October for ticket day and we went ahead on that basis. There are a limited amount of days we could chose for a number of reasons and we had to go ahead. GFL have now decided that they want to do tickets on that day and it is a bit harsh that the run is taking rounds for it.

Totally sympathise with the race organisers, this should never have happened. The run numbers will undoubtably suffer though, which is a shame.

Are the festival organisers aware of the clash?

Is it mostly locals thats take part- if so what time does the run start (did i see the 10K starts at 10.30 and the others some time after that) - so time to try for tickets, and leg it to the run - harsh but hoepfully won't affect the numbers too much, and hope the organisers all get guaranteed entry to the festival xx

5 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Is it mostly locals thats take part- if so what time does the run start (did i see the 10K starts at 10.30 and the others some time after that) - so time to try for tickets, and leg it to the run - harsh but hoepfully won't affect the numbers too much, and hope the organisers all get guaranteed entry to the festival xx

I admire your optimism Ff; unless you are really local then there's no chance of combining the two I reckon. Numbers will be down come race day.

It does beggar belief

Just now, oneeye said:

I admire your optimism Ff; unless you are really local then there's no chance of combining the two I reckon. Numbers will be down come race day.

It does beggar belief

Such a shame, and I really do feel for anyone involved, These things are hard work to organise and its not like they didn;t do their homework before. Bet it would sell out if it you submitted your registration number and if you completed the run and got X in sponsorship for a local charity  you got access to buy a guaranteed ticket - cue the rush for a run place :-)

3 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Such a shame, and I really do feel for anyone involved, These things are hard work to organise and its not like they didn;t do their homework before. Bet it would sell out if it you submitted your registration number and if you completed the run and got X in sponsorship for a local charity  you got access to buy a guaranteed ticket - cue the rush for a run place :-)

Haha, agreed. It's not the end of the world, just a shame that's all.

19 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Totally fucking gutted. 

I've paid to do the run and even got a few (family mainly) sponsors. And I'm coming from 2 hours away. 

Now WTF am I supposed to do?

I was trying to be diplomatic but I feel your pain; I'm also totally fucked off with this.

Bit of a bummer this, but me and the Mrs are staying local for the run, so should be good to go hell for leather for tickets in my running clobber before heading to the start line.  Tickets will be gone by 09:30 right? (Hopefully mine will be in the bag before then).  Just hope the b&b has wifi now.

We have sent an individual email to everyone who has already entered The Festival Run, explaining the situation, and, as a gesture of goodwill, offering a refund to anyone who feels they cannot get to the event in time. However any funds not returned will still go to the charities.
For those new runners who are considering entering, the Run will still go ahead, on the same date and at the same times as originally planned.
Thank you all for your patience and your understanding.

12 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Come to ours Woffy - we can help you out

Wow, Dee, what a lovely offer!!! :-) 

Re: my post on the T-Day thread - made some T-Day (re-)arrangements the other day with our ticket buying group (before your lovely offer). Let me try and reorganise the group and I'll message you via FB. X

55 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Wow, Dee, what a lovely offer!!! :-) 

Re: my post on the T-Day thread - made some T-Day (re-)arrangements the other day with our ticket buying group (before your lovely offer). Let me try and reorganise the group and I'll message you via FB. X

messaged you - what ever suits you is fine and dandy with us . Tickets are the important thing here.

I'm not putting my hat in the ring for tickets this time round as I assume I can work again (fingers massively crossed), so we'll still be on the farm for the run.

Not that I'll be capable of any actual running, judging by the state of the ankle; I'll walk the route if I have to as don't want to waste the training I've done so far or let down the people who've sponsored me.

Sadly had to request a refund, no way we can make it from Plymouth in time, without driving like an absolute maniac..Bit gutted for our lad who cant make the festival, due to committments at school,  as he loves  coming to the site. Hope it goes well for everyone involved. At least  next year we know there will be no clash, but hopefully there will be a Run and we will be back

On 9/17/2016 at 5:57 AM, deebeedoobee said:

We have sent an individual email to everyone who has already entered The Festival Run, explaining the situation, and, as a gesture of goodwill, offering a refund to anyone who feels they cannot get to the event in time. However any funds not returned will still go to the charities.
For those new runners who are considering entering, the Run will still go ahead, on the same date and at the same times as originally planned.
Thank you all for your patience and your understanding.

Wasn't in the running (yes that's a pun) to come down and join in Dee, but gutted it's all gone pear shaped for you after all the planning.  Hope you still get a decent attendance and better communication from GF next time :(

15 hours ago, Quark said:

Wasn't in the running (yes that's a pun) to come down and join in Dee, but gutted it's all gone pear shaped for you after all the planning.  Hope you still get a decent attendance and better communication from GF next time :(

Thanks Q. We've not had many ask for refunds so all good

After a suspect rupture of my cruciate ligament (again) about a month ago I thought I wouldn't be able to make it.  But I ran 8km last night without issue (running should be mainly fine with an ACL injury).  I've even managed to get my missus to sign up for the 5km race, we'll be coming from Kent and staying fairly local Saturday evening so hoping the B&B has a fairly decent Internet connection for t-day :-)

Looking forward to the event and hopefully will be running around the site with a smile on my face.

Sure you will have a smile on your face :) Its a great event, and amazing how long the old railway line feels (after 8-9k) when there is no festival around it :-p

Gutted we cant make it, but events just conspired against us, and on top of a niggly ongoing inury...Even if we could have got tickets in time, and hit the road, the roads out of Plymouth are closed due to the 10k there on the same morning !

Looks like I may have to do with a trot around the Westward Cross Country Legaue in the afternoon, which happens to be in Plymouth that afternoon, and for which I now have no excuse not to enter :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thankfully the number of people wanting their money back was minimal, and we now have just 40 places left in total. The 2km race is full.

Would rather have not had the clash but seems the Gods were smiling on our charities.

Good luck all who are running, walking or skipping their way around the farm on Sunday 9th. See you at the start and finish line. I'll be one of the organisers in the bright orange shirts encouraging and congratulating you all. Declare your love of eFestivals and I'll give you a louder cheer! :goodjob:

• Upvote 1