The Festival Run 2016

deebeedoobee

Here it is folks - the date you have been waiting for...........
ENTRIES for the 2016 Festival Run on 9th October will open on 9th April.
You will need to go to our website ........
www.piltonvillage.co.uk/festival-run.html
to get all the information you need to do online entries or paper entries.

The run did fill last year so book early to avoid disappointment.
Facebook and twitter pages will keep you up to date with any news.

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

Thank you for sharing - I did it last year and my son entered the kids race. It was fantastic. Highly recommend to anyone considering it.

hoping to be back this year, and sneaking into the top 10 :) , think i was pipped by a place on the home straight last year to finish 11th :-p

One thing thoguh deebeedoobee, just looking at the date, are we sure this isnt going to clash with glasto ticket day ?? or will that be the weekend before??

Id run this pretty much before doing anything else, but not on T day !!!

14 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Yippee! Thanks Dee!

5k, 10k...hmmmmn.

16 hours ago, ravermum said:

Thank you for sharing - I did it last year and my son entered the kids race. It was fantastic. Highly recommend to anyone considering it.

Is there a minimum age for the kids race? Or can they run with grown ups?

14 minutes ago, Wondermum said:

Thank you. I have 3 under 8s. Would I need to rope in some extra adults to accompany them?

No I think as long as they have someone keeping an eye on them all (eg stay together) this would be ok. I'll check with the other committee members just to be sure - I'll get back to you.

On 17 March 2016 at 8:44 PM, deebeedoobee said:

@Wondermum  As long as your children are in sight of you it's ok to have more than one child per adult. But if one is going to tear ahead it might be an idea to have a second adult. Ultimately children are the parents responsibililty. Hope that makes sense.

Thank you so much! Yes that makes perfect sense. I can chat to my eldest to make sure he doesn't run off out if sight. Not sure how far the youngest 2 can run but maybe I can persuade Wonderdad to wait with them at the end :)

I've just looked at the route and realised the 2k doesn't include the stone circle. Would we be able to head up there afterwards do you think? Never been inside it during the festival and something we would all love to do; just sit within the stones and take in everything from there. 

Hi deebeedoobee,

A quick question ref. race day:

Are spectators allowed to bring dogs (on leads) on site? My thoughts are probably not, being a farm etc... but thought I'd ask.

Intend to give the 10K a go I reckon, though it may only be a gentle plod around with my daughter.

Many thanks for all the useful info: can't wait :)

Edited by oneeye

• 3 weeks later...
On 19 March 2016 at 11:47 AM, oneeye said:

Hi deebeedoobee,

Are spectators allowed to bring dogs (on leads) on site? My thoughts are probably not, being a farm etc... but thought I'd ask.

Intend to give the 10K a go I reckon, though it may only be a gentle plod around with my daughter.

Best Email the festival on thefestivalrun@gmail.com And ask

On 3/19/2016 at 11:47 AM, oneeye said:

Hi deebeedoobee,

@oneeyeSadly the answer is no, sorry. The race HQ is on a playing field, and the run and parking are on a working farm, dogs are not allowed at all, even in the car parks.
Hope you understand

37 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

@oneeyeSadly the answer is no, sorry. The race HQ is on a playing field, and the run and parking are on a working farm, dogs are not allowed at all, even in the car parks.
Hope you understand

Hi Dee,

Many thanks for the info, I suspected that would be the case and of course fully understand. All entered, father and daughter 10K plod, can't wait (and homemade cake haha),

Kind regards

oneeye

1 minute ago, oneeye said:

Hi Dee,

Many thanks for the info, I suspected that would be the case and of course fully understand. All entered, father and daughter 10K plod, can't wait (and homemade cake haha),

Kind regards

oneeye

Yep gottcha entries thanks- see you in October on the start/finish line. And yes the cake is good.

Thanks for the heads up. Having finally got the OK to run on the previously-smashed ankle, I'll be entering the 5k this year (and I fully expect to come last :D) Mr P&P will be entering too - he's trying to decide whether to do the 5k or 10k but you'll have our entries online this weekend.

1 hour ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

Thanks for the heads up. Having finally got the OK to run on the previously-smashed ankle, I'll be entering the 5k this year (and I fully expect to come last :D) Mr P&P will be entering too - he's trying to decide whether to do the 5k or 10k but you'll have our entries online this weekend.

Look forward to seeing you on the start line :-)