Weather 2016

Keithy

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that bloke still around who used to do the really detailed daily forecasts accompanied with an overall rating in the run up to the festival? I can't remember his name now. i remember being completely addicted to this thread the last time i went in 2013, didn't pay any attention to it for the last 2 years tho. 

I also remember there being some sort of German theme before? With every good forecast being accompanied with a German themed picture,

7 minutes ago, The Nal said:

No. Hes been (rightly) locked up in Broadmoor. 

That's a shame. Can he still not get internet access, or would that be classed as repeat offending?

I can imagine him locked in his cell, pleasuring himself to monthly average precipitation charts on the wall, whilst cutting out the daily weather forecasts from the Daily Star and using them as rizla. 

3 minutes ago, bigfurbdogg said:

That's him, Jackone! Has he not been about the last couple of years then? He did love the weather abit too much, but i always enjoyed reading his updates none the less.

I don't think he's ever been to the festival. Anyway his forecasts are only accurate up to a couple of days before the festival starts so are not to be taken seriously. He's good entertainment though. 

Heres the forecast last year from the Wednesday of the festival. June 24th. I was already on site 24 hours at this stage. 

Saturday. "Some drizzle":rofl:

Fucking waste of time.

Here's the 00Z update then, my penultimate one!

WHAT AN UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope there's people reading this in the queue!

No no rain until Sunday - bar the possibility of literally a handful of drops on Friday afternoon. And Sunday's rain is much less threatening. Temps also a tad higher on Saturday and Sunday.
If we can get that rain even better and add a couple of degrees to Sunday it will be such a result.

Weds: No rain, max temp stable at 21, pressure stable.

Thurs: No rain, max temp stable at 22, pressure stable.

Fri: No rain of any consequence! Literally some drizzle at some point between 3pm and 9pm but it is definitely INCONSEQUENTIAL! Max temps stable at 23, pressure a little higher than earlier.

Sat: No rain. Max temps a degree higher at 21, pressure a little higher than earlier.

Sun: Light showers hitting early morning and hanging around until about 7pm. But there is very little to them. The threat of the heavy rain has pushed further north to Scotland and north of Scotland. Still something more hitting Wales but nothing like in the last run.  Max temp up a degree to 17 (keep going), pressure a little higher than earlier.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Heres the forecast last year from the Wednesday of the festival. June 24th. I was already on site 24 hours at this stage. 

Saturday. "Some drizzle":rofl:

Fucking waste of time.

"Friday: No rain of any consequence!"

Wut.

Also 2010 weather would do me just fine this year. Just slap on as much Factor 50 as possible and I'll be sorted dorted.

Edited by BlackHole2006