Blue Dot Festival

eastynh

3 hours ago, chuffly said:

Hi everyone! First time poster so apologies if this isn't the right place for this, but: does anyone know what the shower situation is at Bluedot? The Meteor Shower tickets are sold out, are they the only showers on site or are there ones you don't have to pay for?

(Before anyone asks: yes I know I could just use wet wipes but I like my creature comforts 😀)

There's still off peak tickets for the showers available.

We had meteor shower tickets in 2019 but they were so far away from live in vehicle parking that we never used them.

Just seen the "VIP Village" upgrade option - another £110 on a weekend ticket.  Nice that they are raising money for EatWell but I'm not really feeling the need for the "host of VIP perks" that they are offering, probably because they haven't actually listed any other than:

• exclusive access to food and drink concessions (that you will be paying for anyway)
  • charge your phone (I'll be charging mine overnight in the van, I'm sure others will have a charging solution in place anyway)
  • and grab a free coffee (I have one coffee first thing to blow the cobwebs away so no good to me, free cider on the other hand...)

1 hour ago, czuk said:

There's still off peak tickets for the showers available.

Yeah, after 2pm isn't it? I'm a morning shower guy, important part of shaking off my hangover 😀

EDIT: Oh great, have just found out that they're definitely the only showers (under FAQs in here):

https://www.discoverthebluedot.com/info/camping/

Welp. I promised my wife they wouldn't sell out! If anyone happens to be selling even just one ticket for the showers I will happily take it off your hands!

Edited by chuffly
Extra detail

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
47 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

I've listed my tickets on Twickets at a healthy discount decided this weekend that the line up isn't that much to interest me and I don't want to invest in more money for the event.

I'm considering doing the same in all honesty.

Any idea when the physical tickets will be sent out as I didn't think you could list them until you've actually got them in hand?

4 minutes ago, JonXLR8 said:

I'm considering doing the same in all honesty.

Any idea when the physical tickets will be sent out as I didn't think you could list them until you've actually got them in hand?

No idea, I've said I'll have them by the 10th July.

But you can list before you have the tickets.

On 6/6/2022 at 11:19 PM, benjismyfriend said:

Any soloers going to bluedot this year? Let me know 😇

I’m considering it, unsure on whether I’m feeling that brave though! Have been to a couple of Bluedots and had a great time, and then my camping buddy decided he’s now all grown up!

47 minutes ago, Rahrahrasputin said:

Hiya! First time at blue dot this year! Has anyone got any tips? Do’s/don’ts?

seems quite hard to find proper info online that isn’t on the blue dot site!

any help will be welcomed 🙂

19 minutes ago, LittleJon said:

It all seems so quiet. Hardly any interaction on Twitter or Reddit. First time for me too. Looking forward to it. Maybe there is something to be said for it all being a voyage of discovery when you get there.

Tip #1 - go and see Henge

Tip #2 - go and see Henge DJ Set

Tip #3 - go to the Luminarium before the queues and preferably under the influence of something

Tip #4 - It says that you are not allowed to take alcohol in to the arena but I've never seen anyone's bags get checked.

Our tickets landed this morning, can't wait.  Hopefully the set times will be made public soon.

Considering going solo this year. Couldn't get a Glasto ticket so Bluedot looks like my next best bet, never been before but heard really good things. Not been to a festival for many years now so dying to do something.

Send me a message and maybe we can arrange something? I'm based in the midlands

Feel super bad for the people going on the Friday and Saturday.  As much as I love Bjork (and again cannot wait to see her) it's very obvious that they spent all their money on her/the orchestra/the visuals and realised they had two other days and the rest of sunday's bill to fill out.

2 hours ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

Feel super bad for the people going on the Friday and Saturday.  As much as I love Bjork (and again cannot wait to see her) it's very obvious that they spent all their money on her/the orchestra/the visuals and realised they had two other days and the rest of sunday's bill to fill out.

Friday is by far the best day. 

9 hours ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

Plenty for me on all of the days. Looks like I’ll have quite a few clashes tbh.