Blue Dot Festival

eastynh

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Anyone else watching the virtual stuff this weekend? Didn't yesterday but going in today from 5pm I reckon. Great line-up!

Yeah I missed it yesterday but tuned in now, looks great. Wish we could all be there for real though :)

On 7/25/2020 at 8:52 AM, Zoo Music Girl said:

Anyone else watching the virtual stuff this weekend? Didn't yesterday but going in today from 5pm I reckon. Great line-up!

Really being enjoying it tbh.... liked Hannah Peel and Tubular Brass, managed to tip up 25 minutes late and can be see on video with full length sequin kimono at the front barrier on the left with the fella and our alien Bob :D

Hot chip and Elbow good too but as you said above it's made me sad as would be watch Bjork right now :( 

14 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

Really being enjoying it tbh.... liked Hannah Peel and Tubular Brass, managed to tip up 25 minutes late and can be see on video with full length sequin kimono at the front barrier on the left with the fella and our alien Bob :D

Hot chip and Elbow good too but as you said above it's made me sad as would be watch Bjork right now :( 

Yeah I really enjoyed what I saw of this – watched a whole chunk of the live stuff on Saturday. Orbital were great in particular. I wonder if it will be staying up for a while, as didn't get round to watching the Roni Size set...

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think this is where most medium sized festivals are at. It all depends on when the  govt decide when we are allowed to play, how the vaccine rollout is affecting the infection rates etc etc.

I would guess its 50/50, innit.

• 2 weeks later...

They've got a survey, one of the questions is: "

5. Evidence shows the later bluedot takes place, the more chance we have of vaccines being widely distributed and enabling us to put on the festival.

If bluedot were to take place later in the summer which weekends would you be able to attend?"

Perhaps looking at moving?

19 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Quite family friendly, but its good. People will still be dancing and having a good time, but just don't expect a weekend of pure hedonism.

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

geeky.

I love it.

Thanks. The website alone intrigued me 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2021 at 10:22 PM, Joshuwarr said:

What is the vibe of Blue Dot? 

Its very family friendly, if you have kids interested in science/space stuff its absolutely brilliant. Also good if you like a bit of electronica as well I think, just check some of the line ups! Not really a 'get lashed every night' sort of festival, but it is a wonderful festival, a very chilled vibe, my kids loved going, we went to the first 2 but couldn't go to the next 2 due to in being during term-time. We had tickets for 2020 as it was back during the holidays, but.....

Cant see this going ahead on its original dates, if it happens it will surely be going back to august at least

cant think off hand of anything major that is announced for this weekend or earlier its just too risky. Which i assume is what the delay is.

As organisers do kendal as well they’ll be having to juggle with that too

Edited by Memory Man

1 hour ago, dotdash79 said:

I don’t think this is happening, it’s too international. I think they will struggle to get acts or speakers. 

I wouldn’t be overly please if the keynote speakers were on zoom. 

Pffft. It's almost like maybe this year they could have mostly Uk acts, and as for speakers that may not be  a problem; USA is actually doing fairly well with vaccinations so some could still possibly come over.

48 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Bjork's Icelandic orchestral shows moved back to August/September, which isn't looking good for this staying early summer.

Except that's more of  a side thing for charity and not really a good indicator of her plans for Blue Dot