eastynh

Blue Dot Festival

Just now, JonXLR8 said:

Weather forecast doesn't look too bad really. I know what you mean about the thunderstorms though, I was in a bell tent at Lunar Festival last year and it felt like the centre pole was twice as high as it actually is when the jet black clouds were overhead. Although there was some severe rainfall, thankfully there were no lightning strikes.

I think it will be fine... I remember both 1st and 2nd year at Bluedot it absolutely pissed it down Friday night, we got soaked during underworld but actually helped cool everyone down and didn't ruin the set at all - it was fine afterwards :D

Enjoy the festival :) 

Yeah, rail all day Saturday is a bit annoying although I reckon that probably wont come to pass. Hopefully that thunderstorm fucks off or at least happens tomorrow. 

15 hours ago, eastynh said:

Thank you so much.

No alcohol for me on the first 2 days at all. Unfortunately my body just can't take it any more. Looking forward to seeing things clearly this time.

Will have a few beers on the Sunday. Got a lot of pals coming for New Order so will indulge a little then.

My apologies wasn't meaning to pressure you to drink, just answering a few other people's questions too

It's a great festival if you're not 100% as it's all so flat. Was the first one I could dance at again after my thing as I wasn't so knackered from everything else, hopefully will be good for you too

10 hours ago, frostypaw said:

My apologies wasn't meaning to pressure you to drink, just answering a few other people's questions too

It's a great festival if you're not 100% as it's all so flat. Was the first one I could dance at again after my thing as I wasn't so knackered from everything else, hopefully will be good for you too

I did not think you were pressurising me to drink mate. I managed to get through Glastonbury without relenting to peer pressure so I will be fine anyway.

Not been to Bluedot before but I went to a few of the Transmission gigs at JB. The last New Order gig there is one of my fave ever gigs. I am really looking forward to it now.

5 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Is the merch stall also cashless?

Everything on site is cashless and you can only make payments via wristband.

Only exceptions that accept cash are the green sherpas, car park attendants and lanyard program sellers outside the arena

5 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Everything on site is cashless and you can only make payments via wristband.

Only exceptions that accept cash are the green sherpas, car park attendants and lanyard program sellers outside the arena

I assume you can load on the band while there? I don't want to put money on for t shirts and then they all end up being crap.

49 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I assume you can load on the band while there? I don't want to put money on for t shirts and then they all end up being crap.

you can do it anytime you want 24/7 via the app. When i added mine the other day the balance was available instantly.

or they have top up points at the site, all over the site inside and outside the arena

Edited by Memory Man

Apparently the cashless system... isn't working 

No Sh1t ... who could have predicted that?

Edited by Rebexus

2 minutes ago, michael eavis' beard said:

Guy camping next to us just bought a programme off one of the roaming sellers with his wristband. Seems to be working fine. 

Good news. Had word this morning the wifi was down and was causing delays getting in 

23 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Good news. Had word this morning the wifi was down and was causing delays getting in 

Got from my car, through the gates, wristband loaded with money and tent up in 20 minutes!

Edited by michael eavis' beard
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The beer prices are scandalous.

Edited by eastynh

25 minutes ago, adequate8 said:

Ouch

Are they served in plastic or paper cups?

I don't know. It is a pound deposit for each cup as well apparently.

I have loads of those cups at home, the kids loved collecting them the first two years we went, we had to collect all the different designs. 

I would recommend anyone who's there now and hasn't been before to visit the Illuminarium while (i suspect) the queues are relatively small. There were always long queues there come the weekend, and its a lovely place to wander through and have a chill out

Have fun everybody, I am well jealous, wish I could have been there but coudn't as its during term time where we live still. Hopefully they will make a week or two later next year so we can go back?

Say hello to Ralf for me on Satursday!

31 minutes ago, michael eavis' beard said:

Drink real ale it's cheaper 😉

Smuggling cans in is cheaper 🙂 

edit - which I don't normally advocate but if they're charging that for a pint and you're there for 3 days and nights, something's got to give.

Edited by DDave

5 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Apparently the cashless system... isn't working 

It's been working fine since I arrived at 2.30pm