Jump to content
eastynh

Blue Dot Festival

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Mr Benn said:

Does anyone know how far from the car parks the standard camping is? X 

I’d say it’s about a ten min walk. I arrived Friday afternoon last year and so wasn’t parked really close to the gate but still only took ten mins even taking into account time to show ticket etc. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the best way of getting there by train from Manchester? I'm going on the Wednesday as I'm working there but seems a bit difficult to get to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Tr234 said:

What's the best way of getting there by train from Manchester? I'm going on the Wednesday as I'm working there but seems a bit difficult to get to

According to Trainline there's a direct train from Manchester Piccadilly to Goostrey which is the closest station, and takes 40 minutes. Goostrey is 2 miles from Jodrell Bank down country lanes however so realistically you'd probably have to get a cab from there to the site, unless someone could pick you up from the station. There's a cab-firm in Goostrey called Goostrey Private Hire on 01477 535 060.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone long-term lurker so go easy on me if this is a stupid question 😂😊 Anyone know what the deal is gonna be with 3-D glasses for the Kraftwerk show? Wondering if they are likely to be handing them out or if it’s wise to bring one of the many pairs I’ve accrued from the cinema?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Completely forgot Kraftwerk were doing their 3D show, I'm even more excited now! As for the glasses, I'm pretty sure they'll be handing them out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tr234 said:

What's the best way of getting there by train from Manchester? I'm going on the Wednesday as I'm working there but seems a bit difficult to get to

Probably better off getting the coach as direct to site from Manchester and Stockport bus stations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry if it’s been asked before but is there anything else happening on the Thursday? Or is it just the opening concert? Anyone know times? X 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Squid into hot chip slightly frustrating

sunday night pile up with darkroom / gabe gurnsey / derrick carter / willow all on at the same time or overlapping

other than that they’ve done pretty well, you can never have no clashes. Someone has to go up against the headliners but i pity the crowd size for any act that does!

hopkins is on pretty late but closing out the night should work for him. 2 hour gap between him starting and hot chip finishing. There is barely anything at all to clash with hopkins so the tent should be rammed

Edited by Memory Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, michael eavis' beard said:

Updated the Clashfinder with a few more stages - mainly the talks.  Still not sure all the times on the app are correct/final but it's a start.

And then someone's come along and deleted 6 full stages of information!! 😡

 

Edit - managed to re-import from Excel.

Edited by michael eavis' beard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, michael eavis' beard said:

And then someone's come along and deleted 6 full stages of information!! 😡

 

Edit - managed to re-import from Excel.

Cheers for doing that - was struggling to make the time to do it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2019 at 1:04 PM, Mr Benn said:

Sorry if it’s been asked before but is there anything else happening on the Thursday? Or is it just the opening concert? Anyone know times? X 

Came here to ask this too. The website is super annoying to navigate and I'm not sure if it's 100% complete with the lineup yet. From what I can see there's a few things on Thursday but it all ends really early, with the latest thing being the Halle Orchestra at 9. According to the clash finder there's music throughout the afternoon on Roots but then nothing from 18:30...

That can't be right, surely? Every other festival I've been to, there's been limited stuff on the Thursday but usually the main thing is nothing starts till 18:30-19:00ish.

Is there generally stuff to do, places to be sociable and hang out other than the camp site? Or is it just a super subdued first day and everyone gets a very sensible early night?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TLS said:

Came here to ask this too. The website is super annoying to navigate and I'm not sure if it's 100% complete with the lineup yet. From what I can see there's a few things on Thursday but it all ends really early, with the latest thing being the Halle Orchestra at 9. According to the clash finder there's music throughout the afternoon on Roots but then nothing from 18:30...

That can't be right, surely? Every other festival I've been to, there's been limited stuff on the Thursday but usually the main thing is nothing starts till 18:30-19:00ish.

Is there generally stuff to do, places to be sociable and hang out other than the camp site? Or is it just a super subdued first day and everyone gets a very sensible early night?

It was very similar last year for Thursday which is:

  • Roots stage early doors although it says 1st act is on at 11am but gates don't open until 12 noon so not sure how that works
  • Main arena Lovell stage starts at 6pm 3 things on - Tim intro, then Emma and then main event Halle
  • Deep space disco is on at 3-5pm that's in darkside area which you have to go through main arena to get to (if you have weekend ticket you can access this, if you have a day ticket you won't be able to as arena opens at 5pm - that's how I see it)
  • Tranquillity area is open but nothing on and I'm assuming this is open to allow Boutique entry through to main arena through the back...
  • Star Field is closed

My take is you have 4 things in main arena and 7 at roots stage plus you'll have the installations around outer space and bars open until 12am main arena and 1am in outer space area, of course food places will be open too. Real ale bar wasn't open last year on Thursday but fingers crossed it will be this year.

 

Thursday is quite chilled as by time you get through any parking/entry queues, set your tent up and chill it's gonna be late afternoon anyway with car park not opening until 12 noon...

I've just aired my tent out and now fully dry from Bearded Theory and smells nice with Febreeze :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shoptildrop said:

Thursday is quite chilled as by time you get through any parking/entry queues, set your tent up and chill it's gonna be late afternoon anyway with car park not opening until 12 noon...

Yeah that makes sense. That's kinda what I was surprised by - realistically it's likely to be at least 4-5pm before most people are ready to start checking stuff out, so I was surprised at the early start and not much happening later. 

In any case, really looking forward to this now! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m a first timer for Bluedot. Does anyone know how packed is camping? I’m debating getting a Thursday ticket and coming down Thursday evening to put up our group’s three tents.  For different reasons the rest of the group can’t get there until Friday lunchtime, and I’d come with them if I didn’t come on the Thursday.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...