Jump to content
eastynh

Blue Dot Festival

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, Chaarlie said:

Best thing to do is contact them I guess, maybe a twitter DM. Completely different issue but we had problems finding a pitch for our tent last time we went in 2016. The stewards weren't particularly helpful then but I suppose there's only so much they can do. That was the only problem we had overall though was organisation of getting people in as the queue was very long as well. They didn't have early entry then so I'm sure its better now. 

I did contact them, but they were evasive and did not answer my question. So, if people reading this thread have taken a campervan, how strict are they about pitch size? And are they marked pitches?

Edited by beergut100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beergut100 said:

I did contact them, but they were evasive and did not answer my question. So, if people reading this thread have taken a campervan, how strict are they about pitch size? And are they marked pitches?

See my previous post for the answer!! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, robskyd said:

See my previous post for the answer!! 

Ok thanks. Sorry missed it earlier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2019 at 3:08 PM, John L said:

Is it possible to stay off site and cab it in and out of this festival? If so any ideas of the best place to stay? Camping is a bit beyond me these days.

I live (very) local so can give you some options if you like? DM me if so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally ignorant of this festival but would consider coming from Scotland to the new order day. Will day tickets for the New order day be likely to be on sale? Is there decent accommodation nearby? Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Johndenis said:

Totally ignorant of this festival but would consider coming from Scotland to the new order day. Will day tickets for the New order day be likely to be on sale? Is there decent accommodation nearby? Thanks! 

Day tickets are not on sale yet mate, but there should be some on sale soon. I am not staying on site and will be getting a coach from Manchester in and out every day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you notice the request at the bottom of the email for artists to apply to play!?! 

Sounds like they're still trying to fill the line up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More names and splits coming 9am tomorrow. 

Please, please one of them be Cut Copy.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eastynh said:

More names and splits coming 9am tomorrow. 

Please, please one of them be Cut Copy.

🚫

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

🚫

I would rather that was a 😉

 

😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another Sky are one of the most unique bands I've heard for years Catrin's voice, even if you know its a woman, it's still hard to believe at times. Must see for me. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jarvis!! Like that, not that familiar with most of the rest of the new additions but that's good as mmeans I get to discover some new stuff...

Interesting they have done 2 options for Friday, a full day ticket and an evening only one. Hopefully they will have the crowd movement controlled so people aren't stuck outside queuing to get in..

Really looking forward to this festival :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's confusing me is that on the line-up page and the news page of this site, there are several acts mentioned e.g. Talkboy, SPQR, Oshun, Werkha (and maybe others) which I cannot find mentioned in any of the official Bluedot announcements or in the app. 

I bought an early bird ticket before they made any announcements and have to say I'm slightly underwhelmed so far.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SteveFarsley said:

What's confusing me is that on the line-up page and the news page of this site, there are several acts mentioned e.g. Talkboy, SPQR, Oshun, Werkha (and maybe others) which I cannot find mentioned in any of the official Bluedot announcements or in the app. 

I bought an early bird ticket before they made any announcements and have to say I'm slightly underwhelmed so far.....

Aren't you satisfied with the headliners at least? For me they make it, everything else is just a cherry on top

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Aren't you satisfied with the headliners at least? For me they make it, everything else is just a cherry on top

I'm the opposite ! I'm usually more interested in the undercard. I can't be doing with Kate Tempest and Jarvis does nowt for me. I'm sure I'll find enough to keep me occupied, though. I'd like to see TVAM, DJ Food, SPQR. And definitely The Clangers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kraftwerk Is a bit bucket list. The visuals will be mind blowing. All other stuff just extra treats!

Looks as if I'm on my own this year, Any solos going for weekend or any days??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, leels said:

Kraftwerk Is a bit bucket list. The visuals will be mind blowing. All other stuff just extra treats!

Looks as if I'm on my own this year, Any solos going for weekend or any days??

I'm going solo for the full weekend, although I do have a couple of friends who are just coming for Friday evening.  Would be nice to meet up with people for a few beers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are wanting a campervan / live-in vehicle ticket for Bluedot 2019 if anyone has one for sale - we have a car park pass we can part-exchange. Bought the weekend tickets, and later on we bought a van, but the passes have sold out - lack of forward planning on our part for sure. Hope someone can help! ta

Edited by VonnConch
used better search term

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone remember what food vendors were there and who do you recommend?

I'm really hoping Pitt on the Road vendors are there again, who were that bunch next to the Orbit stage - all the food from them were amazing, I'll eat there everyday if the are back again!! Here's hoping :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

Can anyone remember what food vendors were there and who do you recommend?

I'm really hoping Pitt on the Road vendors are there again, who were that bunch next to the Orbit stage - all the food from them were amazing, I'll eat there everyday if the are back again!! Here's hoping :D

I have decided not to camp. I am going to get a coach in and out each day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, eastynh said:

I have decided not to camp. I am going to get a coach in and out each day.

Fair enough.... I wouldn't want to miss the late stuff and I'm happy to camp as always been straight forward and not huge drive home at the end (like we have with Glastonbury, which kills us every time!!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...