Blue Dot Festival

eastynh

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Could see Massive Attack appearing.

I like the way you think.

My mate says he's going to this "no matter what"; seeing as I can easily go with only really taking Friday afternoon off work, it'd be daft for me not to. Isn't it nice for there to be a good festival in the north? An hour away from my house at that.

1 minute ago, James96 said:

Is this what you want or is what's coming? I'm hoping for New Order

Depends what they announce :P 

It's just a guess. I'd love New Order, too. They're supposed to be doing a special show in Manchester over the summer, which I guess could be just a Heaton Park gig (probably preferable tbh) but I'd have thought they'd have announced that by now? 

On 1/29/2017 at 9:13 PM, MattDavies__ said:

Gonna look at volunteering as I definitely can't afford the ticket price on top of Glasto and Sound City. Can you get there on the bus from Manchester? (I'm in Fallowfield... unfortunately) 

Last year Big Green Coach ran daily coaches from Manchester picking up in Fallowfield and Stockport on the way.  But if you're volunteering these probably won't be of use (the first one was Friday and you'd probably need to be there earlier).  

Don't think there's local buses to Jodrell Bank.  As far as I remember if you've not got a car it's a train to Macclesfield and a taxi from there.

3 minutes ago, michael eavis' beard said:

Last year Big Green Coach ran daily coaches from Manchester picking up in Fallowfield and Stockport on the way.  But if you're volunteering these probably won't be of use (the first one was Friday and you'd probably need to be there earlier).  

Don't think there's local buses to Jodrell Bank.  As far as I remember if you've not got a car it's a train to Macclesfield and a taxi from there.

before using coaches, I recommend you do a bit of googling about how it worked last year.

There were some big issues with leaving site after the last main stage band. I'm not sure if those impacted onto coaches or not.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

before using coaches, I recommend you do a bit of googling about how it worked last year.

There were some big issues with leaving site after the last main stage band. I'm not sure if those impacted onto coaches or not.

I worked on the daily coaches last year on the Friday and the Sunday.

The biggest problem I saw was getting on the site on Friday afternoon.  Organisation was a joke.  The last 2 miles took an age.  It was quicker for people to get off the coach and walk!  Although that was affecting everyone, not just coaches.

There wasn't any problems with the coaches getting off site on the Friday or Sunday (didn't hear about anything on Saturday).  The coaches parked up at the bottom of the car park right next to the exit so as soon as they were full we were on the road.

I went coach last year.  The Big Green coaches were fine, apart from the Friday rush mentioned earlier.  Monday was no problem at all.  The issue last year was that the allocated car park was still boggy, so an alternative field (and shuttle buses) was used for car parking - and the whole thing fell down when JMJ finished, leaving people with a long walk to their cars with no pavement.

If you're working, then there's Goostrey station which is about a mile away.  A taxi there would cost very little, walking's also an option (though the organisers advise against that, probably due to lack of pavements).

11 minutes ago, tillyandthewall said:

I went coach last year.  The Big Green coaches were fine, apart from the Friday rush mentioned earlier.  Monday was no problem at all.  The issue last year was that the allocated car park was still boggy, so an alternative field (and shuttle buses) was used for car parking - and the whole thing fell down when JMJ finished, leaving people with a long walk to their cars with no pavement.

If you're working, then there's Goostrey station which is about a mile away.  A taxi there would cost very little, walking's also an option (though the organisers advise against that, probably due to lack of pavements).

it was the daily entrance/exits I was referring to, rather than "leaving Monday morning".

1 hour ago, michael eavis' beard said:

I worked on the daily coaches last year on the Friday and the Sunday.

The biggest problem I saw was getting on the site on Friday afternoon.  Organisation was a joke.  The last 2 miles took an age.  It was quicker for people to get off the coach and walk!  Although that was affecting everyone, not just coaches.

There wasn't any problems with the coaches getting off site on the Friday or Sunday (didn't hear about anything on Saturday).  The coaches parked up at the bottom of the car park right next to the exit so as soon as they were full we were on the road.

Yeah, the entrance system was dreadful. I think they might've started off checking everyone's car park tickets or something, didn't look at ours though. Still took about an hour or two to get from Macclesfield iirc.

Theyve got to get it sorted this year, if I go I'm making sure we get there earlier anyway

On 31/01/2017 at 11:51 AM, michael eavis' beard said:

Cheers. Sounds a bit of a hassle. I'll see if the lineup is worth it.