eastynh

Blue Dot Festival

4 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Maribou State fit the description for the tent act.

Massive Attack don't really fit 'a critically acclaimed album' do they? They have loads of them.

Jon Hopkins is another good shout I'd say.

only reason I thought MA was the rework of Mezzanine and that being why the part about the album was mentioned. But its not realistic really they'd be fine outside and are surely bigger than Hot Chip, there's nothing suggesting they'll still be on the scene after the tour either.

52 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

I kept moving between the two. Worked quite well actually, the tent and the main stage aren't too far apart, and I got to hear Kuiper live so was a happy man!

Not sure I could hack that! Almost don't want them to be announced anyway now because it would be another tough choice against NO or Kraftwerk, cant see them not being the tent headliner if they play.

28 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

ignore me I forget what I'd paid for lol... just checked and yeah Thursday is extra,

Therefore, I go back to my previous opinion that tickets are much more expensive between the 1st one and this year - min £35 increase plus the extra £30 for Thursday that was charged this year. Still going though as enjoy it :) 

Lol.

Gonna be hard to turn this one down if the headliners are the ones suggested. It's only 25 minutes away and we did have a great time. But as per usual, it's down to cash money and it'll probably be a direct choice between this and Electric Fields which even though is a 3 hour drive will still be much cheaper and offers a better line up of bands in the day (well at least it did this year anyway) and more spacious family camping.

That said...those headliners :-0

6 minutes ago, DDave said:

Lol.

Gonna be hard to turn this one down if the headliners are the ones suggested. It's only 25 minutes away and we did have a great time. But as per usual, it's down to cash money and it'll probably be a direct choice between this and Electric Fields which even though is a 3 hour drive will still be much cheaper and offers a better line up of bands in the day (well at least it did this year anyway) and more spacious family camping.

is electric on in 2019 ? they were selling tickets for 2018 way before now . its ok just to bloody cold !

3 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

is electric on in 2019 ? they were selling tickets for 2018 way before now . its ok just to bloody cold !

The lack of early ticket sales is a bit ominous. As for the cold, the 1st night was brass monkeys but we were fine after that.

2 hours ago, DDave said:

Lol.

Payment plan is best way, that's what I'm doing as tickets already bought :)

4 hours ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Funnily enough, they've just posted an update on their facebook page

4-6 July. No more getting so cold!
Edited by DDave

5 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

New Order playing Dublin two weeks before this 

Yeah just seen this, so increases the chances they are playing :) 

On 12/4/2018 at 2:13 PM, shoptildrop said:

Yeah just seen this, so increases the chances they are playing :) 

Looks nailed on now. Will resist the temptation of getting a Dublin ticket till Bluedot line up is fully announced.

Tickets bought, hope you're right about these headliners but it'll be a great festival either way. First time I've been back to a fest for a second time!

Sorry for being lazy, but what's the consensus as to who the headliners might be, aside from Kraftwerk? I've seen a lot of names mentioned, but am a bit confused as to the favourites :)

6 hours ago, belewadobis said:

Sorry for being lazy, but what's the consensus as to who the headliners might be, aside from Kraftwerk? I've seen a lot of names mentioned, but am a bit confused as to the favourites :)

Hot Chip and Massive Attack 

19 hours ago, Divein said:

Hot Chip and Massive Attack 

No, it's Hot Chip and New Order based on a FM's info

23 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

the landing page has changed so i'd expect an announcement next week

Thinking it will be the rest of the headliners and a good few acts? they haven't done this announcing 1 act before have they? Chems, flaming lips and future islands along with a lot of the lower down bill were announced last Jan, that was at the end of the month though.

11 hours ago, zahidf said:

Doves hinting on Facebook they are playing, posting a random photo of jordell bank

Sounds likely since we're expecting an announcement this week or next? Now favorites to be announced: Doves, New Order, Hot Chip, Jon Hopkins. Any others?

Eww boring. Presumably they'd headline. 

From a selfish point of view I hope they knock New Order out tbh. Would rather they ended up at Green Man so I only have to go to one rather than both.

17 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Eww boring. Presumably they'd headline. 

From a selfish point of view I hope they knock New Order out tbh. Would rather they ended up at Green Man so I only have to go to one rather than both.

New Order would do Jodrell before any other festival I think. It is literally on their door step, they are not really arsed about the money, have always links to the University in Manchester and last time they played it was fabulous. If Bluedott have asked them, I think they would be nailed on.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

ooooooOOOOO! :P 

Tomorrow at 9 folks.

Do you ever get any early info on Bluedot? I know it's only tomorrow but just wondering...