Blue Dot Festival

eastynh

19 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Day tickets for sat gone. That was surprisingly fast. Assume they are trying to shift weekend tickets first and if they dont sell, will allocate more day tickets later on

I know that was very quick as they have only sold out day tickets twice before, Jean Michele Jarre the 1st year and the Chems last year but took months to sell out (think Chems only sold out a few days before festival starts)

It does make me wonder who the other headliners are, as having a decent headliner on the Sunday really made a better weekend (which did sell out). This was the 1st time it wasn't such a ghost town on the Sunday like previous years and went out with a bang rather than a limp!

21 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

I know that was very quick as they have only sold out day tickets twice before, Jean Michele Jarre the 1st year and the Chems last year but took months to sell out (think Chems only sold out a few days before festival starts)

It does make me wonder who the other headliners are, as having a decent headliner on the Sunday really made a better weekend (which did sell out). This was the 1st time it wasn't such a ghost town on the Sunday like previous years and went out with a bang rather than a limp!

New Order. It would be a sure fire sell out. It was that good when they played last time, I don't think they would hesitate to play again. They played the Sunday last time as well.

3 hours ago, eastynh said:

New Order. It would be a sure fire sell out. It was that good when they played last time, I don't think they would hesitate to play again. They played the Sunday last time as well.

Ooh good call, I remember that transmission gig had such a good day as all the support were great too :)

sounds like they are not announcing anything else until 2019, so be the usual early March time until we see 1st line up 

1 hour ago, shoptildrop said:

Ooh good call, I remember that transmission gig had such a good day as all the support were great too :)

sounds like they are not announcing anything else until 2019, so be the usual early March time until we see 1st line up 

I am not going for a ticket till I see the line up. Am at Kendal the following week so it would take New Order or Hot Chip to get me to Jodrel.

On 11/23/2018 at 1:50 PM, DDave said:

Saw TVAM at YES in Manchester last night. Got to be a contender for one of the smaller stages, definitely fits the bill.

He played last year so don’t know if he’d be back but he maybe doing quite a few festivals in support of the album. 

I think the other headliners will be much smaller/lower profile than that. I expect they really went out of their way to book Kraftwerk this year, and I bet they blew quite a bit of the budget in getting them knowing they will be a big draw for the type of punters tempted by Bluedot

I don't think they will need to have other big headliners on the other days, I suspect weekend tickets will sell out this year on the back of Kraftwerk being announced. I also suspect they had a very limited number of day tickets for sale this year knowing they could sell full weekend tickets on the back of the Kraftwerk being announcement Probably wrong but I can see this year selling out pretty quick

Still gutted I wont be going again, now the festival is during term time for the kids and the wife, its just not possible. My two boys especially would love to go back

36 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

really?? I have to say I really don't get the love for Hot Chip as seen them once at own gig and thought they were s**t lol 

They're one of the best festival bands I've seen (3 times) they're good but not as good when they're on their own (twice)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, shoptildrop said:

really?? I have to say I really don't get the love for Hot Chip as seen them once at own gig and thought they were s**t lol 

I looked back and we paid £129 + booking fee for the first Bluedot (second release) so not a massive difference and they have an additional day now as well. Even so to book those headliners (if the other two are correct) for a festival with a capacity of 10,000ish is pretty impressive and better than any other festival of that size that I can think of. What is the capacity these days?

1 hour ago, dingbat2 said:

I looked back and we paid £129 + booking fee for the first Bluedot (second release) so not a massive difference and they have an additional day now as well. Even so to book those headliners (if the other two are correct) for a festival with a capacity of 10,000ish is pretty impressive and better than any other festival of that size that I can think of. What is the capacity these days?

I got tickets in 1st release the 1st year and I'm sure it was 119 plus fees, paid 165 or something for 2018 festival... I see that a hike as that was not including the Thursday which was additional.... but agree now Thursday is included not so bad thinking on it

However, I do think it's worth it as really enjoy the festival which is why I bought tickets in the super early bird for 2019 which were cheaper than this years tickets

Think capacity is 7k but not sure and I don't think they could increase it much further due to site size thank God 

14 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

I got tickets in 1st release the 1st year and I'm sure it was 119 plus fees, paid 165 or something for 2018 festival... I see that a hike as that was not including the Thursday which was additional.... but agree now Thursday is included not so bad thinking on it

Do you mean that Thursday is included with the weekend ticket? Just looking at the installments page and it's extra.

24 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Mate are NO on?

this is sounding too good to be true but seems like a similar lineup to 2016 with 2 big headliners and a much smaller one, keeping tabs, do you know when the announcement is going to be @Memory Man? Also would like / think would be a good fit: Floating Points, Superorganism, Another Sky and Car Seat Headrest, any chance of those?

1 hour ago, Chaarlie said:

this is sounding too good to be true but seems like a similar lineup to 2016 with 2 big headliners and a much smaller one, keeping tabs, do you know when the announcement is going to be @Memory Man? Also would like / think would be a good fit: Floating Points, Superorganism, Another Sky and Car Seat Headrest, any chance of those?

It really is sounding a little too goo to be true.

3 hours ago, DDave said:

Do you mean that Thursday is included with the weekend ticket? Just looking at the installments page and it's extra.

ignore me I forget what I'd paid for lol... just checked and yeah Thursday is extra,

Therefore, I go back to my previous opinion that tickets are much more expensive between the 1st one and this year - min £35 increase plus the extra £30 for Thursday that was charged this year. Still going though as enjoy it :) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Maribou State fit the description for the tent act.

Massive Attack don't really fit 'a critically acclaimed album' do they? They have loads of them.

Jon Hopkins is another good shout I'd say.

only reason I thought MA was the rework of Mezzanine and that being why the part about the album was mentioned. But its not realistic really they'd be fine outside and are surely bigger than Hot Chip, there's nothing suggesting they'll still be on the scene after the tour either.

52 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

I kept moving between the two. Worked quite well actually, the tent and the main stage aren't too far apart, and I got to hear Kuiper live so was a happy man!

Not sure I could hack that! Almost don't want them to be announced anyway now because it would be another tough choice against NO or Kraftwerk, cant see them not being the tent headliner if they play.

28 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

ignore me I forget what I'd paid for lol... just checked and yeah Thursday is extra,

Therefore, I go back to my previous opinion that tickets are much more expensive between the 1st one and this year - min £35 increase plus the extra £30 for Thursday that was charged this year. Still going though as enjoy it :) 

Lol.

Gonna be hard to turn this one down if the headliners are the ones suggested. It's only 25 minutes away and we did have a great time. But as per usual, it's down to cash money and it'll probably be a direct choice between this and Electric Fields which even though is a 3 hour drive will still be much cheaper and offers a better line up of bands in the day (well at least it did this year anyway) and more spacious family camping.

That said...those headliners :-0

6 minutes ago, DDave said:

Lol.

Gonna be hard to turn this one down if the headliners are the ones suggested. It's only 25 minutes away and we did have a great time. But as per usual, it's down to cash money and it'll probably be a direct choice between this and Electric Fields which even though is a 3 hour drive will still be much cheaper and offers a better line up of bands in the day (well at least it did this year anyway) and more spacious family camping.

is electric on in 2019 ? they were selling tickets for 2018 way before now . its ok just to bloody cold !

2 hours ago, DDave said:

Lol.

Payment plan is best way, that's what I'm doing as tickets already bought :)