Blue Dot Festival

eastynh

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

It's the Chemical Brothers I think. At Boardmasters which is the other end of the country and are in Milan two days before.

You win

as its announced in about 9 hours i think we're all good. im sure there will be a few other surprises, i dont know anything else.

for what its worth i think its a great booking that shows they're trying to go to a new level. watching orbital last year was brilliant and im sure the same kind of atmosphere can be generated again!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, evannn said:

Haha, I just based it on the number from efests page. Has the site changed between 2016 and this year at all do you know?

Trying to decide which of this/latitude/houghton to go to,  thinking I may well do more than one but the girlfriend probably won’t 

God I hope so

to be fair i dont know the exact numbers it was more of a joke of it not selling out! it feels more than 5k to me tho like

Just now, Memory Man said:

You win

as its announced in about 9 hours i think we're all good. im sure there will be a few other surprises, i dont know anything else.

for what its worth i think its a great booking that shows they're trying to go to a new level. watching orbital last year was brilliant and im sure the same kind of atmosphere can be generated again!

Yeah it is a great booking. They're my favourite band. Will still have to see the line up first before parting with my hard earned. Kids loved it though so probably will go.

If it is any use, they're definitely playing the sunday to keep people around (lots left last year sunday daytime) or get people to buy day tickets. I would actually expect the weakest headliner on saturday on that basis. 

it was very, very quiet on the final night with crappy Alt J headlining and what felt like half the site having left. should bring things to a more joyous conclusion. altho it did make us look elsewhere and found some cracking comedy / talks on the final night! 

Edited by Memory Man

5 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

If it is any use, they're definitely playing the sunday to keep people around (lots left last year sunday daytime) or get people to buy day tickets. I would actually expect the weakest headliner on saturday on that basis. 

it was very, very quiet on the final night with crappy Alt J headlining and what felt like half the site having left. should bring things to a more joyous conclusion

We left Sunday daytime due to daughter being poorly. Luckily for me all the bands I wanted to see were on the Fri/Sat so wasn't too arsed.

Genuinely no idea who else will be on the bill. 

10 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Expanded to 4 days for an extra £29 per person. Makes it a dear do for a family of four and runs the risk of having a sparse crowd if the Thursday band isn't a good un. 

Going for Moby, Royskopp, Everything Everything and possibly Hot Chip if the LCD tour has finished by then. Possibly Jamiroquai for the tenuous Space Cowboy reference.

I'll stick a Doves reunion in for good measure an all.