Blue Dot Festival

eastynh

29 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

As I suspected I would, and after a significant amount of pestering from my boys, I have just bought weekend tickets for the family. Kids really excited, now to check the bands I havent heard of before....

All excited, cant wait now!

Excellent. Loads of great bands to go at.

Weather looks to be fairly kind on us at the moment. 

Screenshot_20170701-204325.png

1 hour ago, Memory Man said:

App has been updated with stage times :)

Clash wise it's great. Must admit, I'm surprised to see Vitalic, Soulwax, Joe Goddard and DJ Yoda on as late as they are, especially as it's geared in part towards families.

Still....that Friday is golden for me.

32 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

What happened to Kelly Lee Owens? :( 

ive heard she pulled out quite a while ago. as did goat girl.

although mr scruff is not currently on the app he is apparently still playing. I think the app needs another update to get it fully correct although it seems to be mostly there. No Anna Meredith as yet either but im sure that will change.

Edited by Memory Man

56 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Any clashfinders about?

It's not the easiest in the app to work out clashes etc..

You might have already done it but if you highlight the acts you want to see and then press the icon in the top right hand corner it'll show you the run down in time order.

Pity about Kelly Lee Owens.was really looking forward to seeing her.

5 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Any clashfinders about?

It's not the easiest in the app to work out clashes etc..

there is a clashfinder going :D

https:///s/bd2017/

def easier to work out in the classic clashfinder format than via the app. plus i dont want to be looking at the app all day as it will surely eat battery fairly fast.

Almost everything seems to be on there for friday and saturday, but sunday is not complete yet

Also Anna Meredith is obviously in that massive gap between rival consoles and shobaleader one on sunday

Edited by Memory Man
  • Upvote 1

Hi all, 

Hope I'm allowed to post this here. Please do let me know if it's not appropriate.

It's my first time attending Blue Dot and I was wondering if any veterans can offer any advice (here or elsewhere) regarding 'my stash' and how to avoid any issues upon entrance?

Thanks!

I have just received the "pre-flight information" email from Bluedot. Really interesting that they are asking for feedback on preferred dates for 2018 this time:

5/6/7 July 2018 [The same weekend as this year]

13/14/15 July

10/11/12 August [Inside Summer Holidays]

17/18/19 August [Inside Summer Holidays]

24/25/26 August [August Bank Holiday]

Perhaps they have failed to sell a load of tickets this year because its during term time, I see there are still weekend tickets available and day tickets for each day.

I wished they had asked us for preferred dates last year!

Edited by dingbat2

28 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

I have just received the "pre-flight information" email from Bluedot. Really interesting that they are asking for feedback on preferred dates for 2018 this time:

5/6/7 July 2018 [The same weekend as this year]

13/14/15 July

10/11/12 August [Inside Summer Holidays]

17/18/19 August [Inside Summer Holidays]

24/25/26 August [August Bank Holiday]

Perhaps they have failed to sell a load of tickets this year because its during term time, I see there are still weekend tickets available and day tickets for each day.

I wished they had asked us for preferred dates last year!

That's a really odd thing for them to do pre-festival.

Very much so. Also wonder why the other july weekends are not an option? 

as the same company run kendal calling which is the last weekend in july, Perhaps they cant do 2 weekends on the trot operationally. Kendal will be their priority as it sells out.

Edited by Memory Man

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

That's a really odd thing for them to do pre-festival.

100% wanted to avoid the furore following last years dates change and ensure we pick a date the majority is happy with! 

The weekend will occasionally have to change depending on what astronomical work is planned at the observatory - we have to select a weekend where the skies are, er, quieter, as of course observatory work takes priority! This article explains why music festivals + live observations don't always mix. 

Strangely enough we've had 100 submissions and 90% of them are asking to keep same weekend. 

I've been down on site today and must say it's looking incredible. Look forward to seeing everyone there! 

13 minutes ago, naarjtie said:

100% wanted to avoid the furore following last years dates change and ensure we pick a date the majority is happy with! 

The weekend will occasionally have to change depending on what astronomical work is planned at the observatory - we have to select a weekend where the skies are, er, quieter, as of course observatory work takes priority! This article explains why music festivals + live observations don't always mix. 

Strangely enough we've had 100 submissions and 90% of them are asking to keep same weekend. 

I've been down on site today and must say it's looking incredible. Look forward to seeing everyone there! 

Are you saying 90% are saying keep the festival during term time, that would be really surprising if it was a fair representation of people who want to go. My boys absolutely loved it last year, as did we, and it was such a wonderful family friendly festival. I assume the email only goes out to ticket buyers from this year, people who have already bought tickets for this year, and largely do not have issues with taking kids out of school. The emails should really have been set out to punters who bought tickets last year, but couldn't go this year due to schooling. Those people wouldn't get the mail this year because they cant go so its a bit biased. Send the emails to the punters who went last year, I think you would get a different take on it