Blue Dot Festival

eastynh

Her setlist certainly looked like one that could be a bit challenging. Odd to pick nothing from the last album and five tracks from the quite difficult Vulnicura.

Personally I think she's well within her rights to insist on creative control of the stage and no photos. Some might see it as being difficult but to me it's a reasonable artistic request. To sell it as an audio visual spectacular and then that not to happen would be irritating though. I wonder if miscommunication or the organisers didn't consult her. 

Went for the day to see Bjork and I have a few thoughts...

Transport links to and from the festival are awful. Given it presents itself as a greener festival driving seems to be the only reliable way of getting there. I heard a lot of horror stories of coaches getting cancelled or not existing to begin with. Where coaches were available they were extremely limited. Train links are a massive pain. We got the train into a nearby station and walked for over an hour from there. This wouldn't be too bad if they had extra trains running to accommodate people leaving after the show, but that wasn't a thing.

Terrible entrance for day tickets, having to walk around the entire festival site. Not sign-posted at all, the only ones led to Grey Gate (Campervans) which was 20 minutes in the wrong direction. They then turned us round and sent us the right way which was a significant trek. This meant we missed Henge, the only artist bar Bjork we had any interest in. It also meant we missed the last third or so of Bjork as we had to leave earlier to catch our train.  

The comedy tent where we planned on parking up until Bjork was tiny! 

There was a lot of sound bleed from stage to stage.

The cost of the drinks wasn't awful given there was a decent selection of decent beers. 

Bjork was brilliant, what we managed to see of her. 

I'd consider going again next year, but only if there was enough across the weekend for me to justify the full weekend. 

Are there any rumours going round about who might be booked for next year?