Blue Dot Festival

eastynh

53 minutes ago, Tim P said:

Hi there,

this year we’ve bought 1 meteor shower pass for our family of four. 

My plan was to use this as a family - giving it to each person as and when they needed it. Is this possible or is it allocated to one person only?! 

thanks to anyone who can help. 

tim 

You get a wristband if I remember rightly 

Hi,

Going with my partner for the Sunday but struggling to arrange transport back to a more central area after Bjork. Ideally Manchester but would be happy with Macclesfield or Stockport. 

All official National Express coaches are booked up.

Anyone know of a lift sharing app or any other tips or tricks?

Does anybody know of alternative car parking for the festival? We can’t get there as transport options are limited. Does anybody have space for 2 adults in a car share or can advise please? It’s for the Sunday only, and we are Chester based but happy to drop our car wherever if there’s a space available. Happy to help with costs etc

Lanterns on the Lake have tweeted that they play at 4.30 on Saturday, someone has replied pointing out the schedule says 3.40, and now Bluedot have replied saying they'll check it because there have been some "tweaks".

Edited by WFD
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Harry_W01 said:

Bar Prices for this year and some general photos from my walkabout today

IMG_2427.jpgIMG_2431.jpgIMG_2428.jpgIMG_2434.jpgIMG_2432.jpg

Love this! Getting me very excited. You working somewhere? D'ya know if the beer prices in the real ale tent are similar ~£6.50/pint?

Thank again!!

1 hour ago, czuk said:

Think I'll be packing my waterproofs for this.  See you under the telescope

Looking at the met office forecast, after lunchtime tomorrow it's looking pretty dry for the remainder of the weekend! Still will be packing my wellies of course 😄

8 hours ago, croiz said:

Love this! Getting me very excited. You working somewhere? D'ya know if the beer prices in the real ale tent are similar ~£6.50/pint?

Thank again!!

am indeed! can't speak for the ale tent sorry, went I was up on Wednesday they were still setting up 

On 7/22/2022 at 11:53 PM, TheGoodWillOut said:

Groove Armada, wow ! quite possibly one of the best live performances ive seen. Stunning 

i still say that about their 2000 glasto performance.

Bluedot brilliant once again, managed to do Saturday in the end too after originally only being able to do the Frida due to other commitments. Wish I could have gone today....Mind checking my bank account will probably dispel any post festival blues I have!

Looking forward to next year 🙌🏻

Apart from the mostly dismal weather another great Bluedot for me - I thought Bjork was fantastic and happily I was not surrounded by talking twats as at APE a few years ago. Great to meet one of the Halle Orchestra cellists for a chat earlier in the day (sadly she had no juicy stories about Bjork tho!)

1 hour ago, Deckard said:

Apart from the mostly dismal weather another great Bluedot for me - I thought Bjork was fantastic and happily I was not surrounded by talking twats as at APE a few years ago. Great to meet one of the Halle Orchestra cellists for a chat earlier in the day (sadly she had no juicy stories about Bjork tho!)

I was directly behind a few talkers at the start of Bjork, after a tongue lashing between songs they swiftly f'd off to the back to finish their conversation like I politely suggested. I love it when a community works together to find a good solution for all parties! 

• Like 2

Does anyone know when the Björk performance changed from an 'audio-visual performance will feature bespoke video and animated projections on the iconic Lovell Telescope' to the more intimate performance we got? Seems like it was an excellent performance for some, and not quite so great for others who could barely hear the strings and couldn't see anything.

I was just expecting some incredible visuals based on the description when I brought tickets, and it being, well, Björk.

2 hours ago, GlitterTea said:

Does anyone know when the Björk performance changed from an 'audio-visual performance will feature bespoke video and animated projections on the iconic Lovell Telescope' to the more intimate performance we got? Seems like it was an excellent performance for some, and not quite so great for others who could barely hear the strings and couldn't see anything.

I was just expecting some incredible visuals based on the description when I brought tickets, and it being, well, Björk.

Bjorks decision not to have visuals on the dish.  not sure why, maybe she wanted all the focus on the music and sound.