Blue Dot Festival

eastynh

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Also if Mama Meredith is supporting Bjork then that's going to be a great end to the festival. 

Yeah I reckon she is. Jane Weaver > Anna Meredith > Bjork seems like a run they'd. Reckon there's still a slot waiting to be filled before Groove Armada though. 

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

So a band with four men and one woman would he considered a female act?

Fair enough though, there was another act I missed in the shape of LP. 

Weren't you asking about ethnicity?

But yeah either way I would say its about representation init, not necessarily X characteristic being the prevailing thing in that band. Normally when those redacted lineup posters are made to show female represntation they'd keep, say, Wolf Alice in even though that band was 75% male (not the best example because Ellie is the lead there but I can't think of a better one off the top of my head). 

Never very clear cut though is it. 

Just now, the wonderwhy said:

Weren't you asking about ethnicity?

But yeah either way I would say its about representation init, not necessarily X characteristic being the prevailing thing in that band. Normally when those redacted lineup posters are made to show female represntation they'd keep, say, Wolf Alice in even though that band was 75% male (not the best example because Ellie is the lead there but I can't think of a better one off the top of my head). 

Never very clear cut though is it. 

Was making a comparison.

Metronomy (one non white person) couldn’t be seen as meaningfully improving the ethnic diversity of a festival in the same way as LCD Soundsystem (one female) wouldn’t on gender.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Was making a comparison.

Metronomy (one non white person) couldn’t be seen as meaningfully improving the ethnic diversity of a festival in the same way as LCD Soundsystem (one female) wouldn’t on gender.

Fair enough but I respecfully disagree. 

So they've announced a new area which sounds very cool, it's called the Origins Fire Garden.

"New for 2022, Origins is a late night fire garden soundtracked by DJs exploring the origins of modern electronic music. Standby for news on each evening’s curators and the very special guests that will soundtrack an extraordinary new experience area at bluedot 2022."

16 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So who do we reckon for the Orbit stage headliners? Spiritualized definitely seem like one.

Hoping KLO and Squarepusher aren't against Mogwai though; would much rather they be post-headliner acts

Reckon there's one to be announced looking at it. A small announcement in the summer led by an orbit headliner?

Really happen they have got Metronomy (personal fav) and Groove Armada (not seen before), plus a few regular acts I enjoy seeing (Henge, Stealing Sheep, Radiophonic workshop, Hannah Peel etc).... need to check out some of the other names I'm not familar with but happy with this lineup..

My other festival is bearded theory who have an awesome lineup this year!! so happy bunny here 🙂 

Spiritualized vs Groove Armada is a tough choice. On one hand, SPZD are one of my favourite bands and I always get emotional seeing them, on the other hand its a friday night and my friends will probably be seeing GA, so like do i really want to be crying when I could be partying instead??

1 hour ago, shoptildrop said:

Really happen they have got Metronomy (personal fav) and Groove Armada (not seen before), plus a few regular acts I enjoy seeing (Henge, Stealing Sheep, Radiophonic workshop, Hannah Peel etc).... need to check out some of the other names I'm not familar with but happy with this lineup..

My other festival is bearded theory who have an awesome lineup this year!! so happy bunny here 🙂 

I would recommend Anna Meredith. Such a talented queen, and her shows are really fun

On 2/5/2022 at 5:36 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

Spiritualized vs Groove Armada is a tough choice. On one hand, SPZD are one of my favourite bands and I always get emotional seeing them, on the other hand its a friday night and my friends will probably be seeing GA, so like do i really want to be crying when I could be partying instead??

I would recommend Anna Meredith. Such a talented queen, and her shows are really fun

yeah she is as did see her last time she played Bluedot 🙂 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone! First time poster so apologies if this isn't the right place for this, but: does anyone know what the shower situation is at Bluedot? The Meteor Shower tickets are sold out, are they the only showers on site or are there ones you don't have to pay for?

(Before anyone asks: yes I know I could just use wet wipes but I like my creature comforts 😀)

34 minutes ago, chuffly said:

Hi everyone! First time poster so apologies if this isn't the right place for this, but: does anyone know what the shower situation is at Bluedot? The Meteor Shower tickets are sold out, are they the only showers on site or are there ones you don't have to pay for?

(Before anyone asks: yes I know I could just use wet wipes but I like my creature comforts 😀)

If the weather is anything like the last one you'll get plenty of opportunity to take a shower without having to stand inside an expensive plastic box 🙂

• Like 1