Blue Dot Festival

eastynh

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2021 at 10:22 PM, Joshuwarr said:

What is the vibe of Blue Dot? 

Its very family friendly, if you have kids interested in science/space stuff its absolutely brilliant. Also good if you like a bit of electronica as well I think, just check some of the line ups! Not really a 'get lashed every night' sort of festival, but it is a wonderful festival, a very chilled vibe, my kids loved going, we went to the first 2 but couldn't go to the next 2 due to in being during term-time. We had tickets for 2020 as it was back during the holidays, but.....

Cant see this going ahead on its original dates, if it happens it will surely be going back to august at least

cant think off hand of anything major that is announced for this weekend or earlier its just too risky. Which i assume is what the delay is.

As organisers do kendal as well they’ll be having to juggle with that too

Edited by Memory Man

1 hour ago, dotdash79 said:

I don’t think this is happening, it’s too international. I think they will struggle to get acts or speakers. 

I wouldn’t be overly please if the keynote speakers were on zoom. 

Pffft. It's almost like maybe this year they could have mostly Uk acts, and as for speakers that may not be  a problem; USA is actually doing fairly well with vaccinations so some could still possibly come over.

48 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Bjork's Icelandic orchestral shows moved back to August/September, which isn't looking good for this staying early summer.

Except that's more of  a side thing for charity and not really a good indicator of her plans for Blue Dot

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Except that's more of  a side thing for charity and not really a good indicator of her plans for Blue Dot

They were meant to be looped together with rescheduled EU headline dates in June, which now don't seem to be happening either, and I can't see her just doing Blue Dot at the beginning of the summer and then nothing until September.

We'll see anyway, I do hope it goes ahead but think it's way more iffy compared to the others this summer.

Edited by jannybruck

Latitude has a bottomless pit of money (festival republic) and womad are trying to run a world music festival with only local artists....

my feeling is if the roadmap went back then this weekend is massively at risk as its less than 5 weeks from the 21st june

they can try but its a big risk, and i feel the organisers will also see it that way. As previously posted can you see bjork and an orchestra here by mid july? Theres a reason every festival is moving to late august early september if they can. But depends how flexible each venue is prepared to be on a date.

Plus they were polling ticket holders on later weekends they could possibly move to. Everything points to a date move or a roll to 2022. As of today it is less than 4 months away and nothing beyond 3 rolled over headliners are announced and they’ve said very little. 

Edited by Memory Man