Blue Dot Festival

eastynh

26 minutes ago, SaintEwart said:

This has never really been on my radar but my 7yo is a big NASA/Space fan and this looks like it ticks both boxes of a good lineup and also enough to keep her entertained aside from the music.

Anyone have experience with taking kids to this? My friend is also considering it with his 3 year old - is there much for little 'uns/family camping etc?

We took our 13 month old last year and he had a great time. The sound and view is good from the back and there are a lot of families there so the vibe is nice and chilled. There was lots for little ones to do during the day too such as the clangers and the luminarium.

We're taking him back again this year and going on the Thursday as the family camping filled up very quickly last year .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, eFestivals said:

from where i'm sat and the number of times efestivals has them listed for* a festival over the years I'd definitely say they play few festie shows compared to many other non-UK bands that do the festie circuit.

* 16 UK festivals since 2004 - an average of one a year (and that's counting Reading/Leeds as 2 festivals).

I appreciate you are an expert on this. I guess my point was more about relativity. They don’t play many shows full stop so fewer festivals as a result.

8 minutes ago, Dave85radiohead said:

Bluedot have confirmed that Bjork and spiritualised not clashing and that spiritualised are on the Lovell Stage.

Looks like they've been moved to the Saturday too

Oh huh, I thought Spiritualized were on the Orbit stage? Strange. 

But where did you see that  they have been playing Saturday?

Edited by Gilgamesh69

1 minute ago, Dave85radiohead said:

Yep just seen that. Must be tired ha ha. Hope so that would be great 

For me, I'd love to see something like this: late night Orbit slot playing all the psychedelic weird stuff, and then subbing Bjork with the more crowd-friendly songs.

It's their 30th anniversary this year, so you'd hope they're going to try celebrating it...

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

For me, I'd love to see something like this: late night Orbit slot playing all the psychedelic weird stuff, and then subbing Bjork with the more crowd-friendly songs.

It's their 30th anniversary this year, so you'd hope they're going to try celebrating it...

Oh yes, I like this idea

13 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So who do we think the post-headliner acts will be? Like Jon Hopkins and 808 State last year

Friday - Daniel Avery, Saturday - Squarepusher, Sunday - either TBA or Lost Souls or Saturn 

6 hours ago, sadimmock said:

Any guesses as to what the Thursday event will be? Given that the Halle are doing a show on the Sunday might it be someone else? 

I think the Hopkins shout earlier in the thread is a good one 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, the wonderwhy said:

Friday - Daniel Avery, Saturday - Squarepusher, Sunday - either TBA or Lost Souls or Saturn 

I think the Hopkins shout earlier in the thread is a good one 

Would love it to be Hopkins, but on the site under the Thursday ticket option it says the following, so doesn't that mean it is The Halle? Or are they just presenting?

Thursday Entry -  23rd July 2020

Thursday tickets are only valid in conjunction with a Full Weekend Festival Ticket and allow entry to the festival campsites and the arena to see The Halle presents Lift Off from Thursday 23rd July 2020. Thursday tickets upgrade your Live-In vehicle tickets you might purchase to be available from Thursday.

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Would love it to be Hopkins, but on the site under the Thursday ticket option it says the following, so doesn't that mean it is The Halle? Or are they just presenting?

Thursday Entry -  23rd July 2020

Thursday tickets are only valid in conjunction with a Full Weekend Festival Ticket and allow entry to the festival campsites and the arena to see The Halle presents Lift Off from Thursday 23rd July 2020. Thursday tickets upgrade your Live-In vehicle tickets you might purchase to be available from Thursday.

That was the show last year, so I imagine its leftover copy by they updated the date. 

Wasn't able to see the Halle last time as I was graduating. However, I feel they would have already been announced if they were playing so I'm expecting something different. 

The dream for me would be Public Service Broadcasting with orchestral backing. Was still very surprised not to see them at the Moon Landing celebrations even though they played the previous year

Could the co-ordinates tweet suggest British Sea Power may perform with an orchestra behind them? Is that something they're likely to do?

Edited by LowFatIeuanaise

17 minutes ago, LowFatIeuanaise said:

Wasn't able to see the Halle last time as I was graduating. However, I feel they would have already been announced if they were playing so I'm expecting something different. 

The dream for me would be Public Service Broadcasting with orchestral backing. Was still very surprised not to see them at the Moon Landing celebrations even though they played the previous year

Could the co-ordinates tweet suggest British Sea Power may perform with an orchestra behind them? Is that something they're likely to do?

That would be awesome if PSB did it. But it's quite a while since their space album now (they were performing tracks from it at the 2016 festival).

2 minutes ago, LowFatIeuanaise said:

True, I would imagine it to be a regular set (with maybe one or two extra from Race for Space) with a big ol' backing band

Would be lush. We went to see their Race for Space prom last summer actually, which was performed that way, so it's not that long ago... they did the album from start to finish. It was great, but the acoustics of the Royal Albert Hall meant you couldn't really hear the samples at the top where we were, which was a real shame.