Blue Dot Festival

eastynh

9 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Orbit headliners don't tend to clash with the Lovell headliners, do they? I can't really remember myself but Bjork clashing with Spiritualized would be horrible

I can't remember exactly because I was only keen on one headliner each night, but in 2016 there was *some* overlap between headliners

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Anyone know what price weekend tickets will be?

Travel options seem a bit of a pain from London as no Thursday coach. How do you get there from the train stations? Taxi?

I'm sure they'll put up more travel options soon, but I think from the nearest train station you'll have to get a taxi; I could potentially sort you a lift but not sure yet.

Or you could head all the way into Manchester city centre and they do coached straight to the festival site from there. But that would be a bit much I imagine

3 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I'm sure they'll put up more travel options soon, but I think from the nearest train station you'll have to get a taxi; I could potentially sort you a lift but not sure yet.

Or you could head all the way into Manchester city centre and they do coached straight to the festival site from there. But that would be a bit much I imagine

Ah bless you :) Sure I'll sort something if we do go. Last time we went with my partner's brother who lives outside Manchester, so we drove in. I guess we could potentially come up a day before and stay at theirs, then go via Manchester...

16 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Travel options seem a bit of a pain from London as no Thursday coach. How do you get there from the train stations? Taxi?

Avanti to Macclesfield then its an easy/quick/cheap taxi to the festival. Going home is a bit of pain as you usually have to be on a booked train but just leave plenty of time. 

8 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Avanti to Macclesfield then its an easy/quick/cheap taxi to the festival. Going home is a bit of pain as you usually have to be on a booked train but just leave plenty of time. 

Cheers! So it is doable by taxi then. Presume they can drop you near the entrance easy enough?

Oh and how easy is it to get a taxi on the way back? Do you book in advance?

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Cheers! So it is doable by taxi then. Presume they can drop you near the entrance easy enough?

Oh and how easy is it to get a taxi on the way back? Do you book in advance?

They drop you 20 seconds walk from the ticket scanners. You'll be in the campsite within 5 minutes of getting out the taxi. 

They have a taxi rank so you can get one if you don't book but I think there can often be a queue. Last year we just rang up and booked one on the Sunday evening. 

Just now, the wonderwhy said:

They drop you 20 seconds walk from the ticket scanners. You'll be in the campsite within 5 minutes of getting out the taxi. 

They have a taxi rank so you can get one if you don't book but I think there can often be a queue. Last year we just rang up and booked one on the Sunday evening. 

This is all top-notch info, thanks!

11 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Just found the ticket prices on Efests - so am I right in thinking you have to pay a special add-on for Thursday? Is it normally worth it, would people say? Presume it's only open from the afternoon.

For our first year, I'm pretty sure it only ran Fri to Sun.

There's not that much on, but it's a nice little chillout day, and means you can find a good camping spot. I did it last year and mostly just spent it drinking and hanging out with mates, but I enjoyed it. It's not a must though

Also yeah, it's an extra ticket. Could always look closer to the time and see if you can get a cheap Thursday ticket? 

Edited by Gilgamesh69

Whenever I've been I was under the impression there weren't really any bad camping spots. 

However last year there were reports of people on Friday afternoon struggling to find space to camp and I think they had to sort some kind of overflow option. So it might be worth the Thursday ticket price if you're coming from afar and would like that guarantee. 

Need to decide if I'm gonna go again this year. Line up is one of the better ones out there but I'm not particularly arsed about Groove Armada and Bjork will almost certainly be more of a chin stroking event. Undercard is v good but its annoying that they congregate all the good stuff within 3-4 hours of the evening and leave the rest of the day looking pretty bare. 

Yeah I think if we do go then I'll go for the Thursday option, not so much to get a good camping spot (really mot arsed about that as long as we are on site somewhere) but to be there from the start of Friday and have three full days at the thing. Are there talks/music etc on the Thursday, or just the headliner? I think we'd use the day really for settling in and having a wander.

1 hour ago, Superunknown said:

Played last year.

Doesn’t rule him out, especially as it’s a completely different show. Chic played Bestival three years in a row!  It could be someone like Max Richter, but I don’t know why that wouldn’t just be announced now, and I can’t see them going down the Hacienda Classical/Pete Toby Orchestra route, personally.

22 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Whenever I've been I was under the impression there weren't really any bad camping spots. 

However last year there were reports of people on Friday afternoon struggling to find space to camp and I think they had to sort some kind of overflow option. So it might be worth the Thursday ticket price if you're coming from afar and would like that guarantee. 

Need to decide if I'm gonna go again this year. Line up is one of the better ones out there but I'm not particularly arsed about Groove Armada and Bjork will almost certainly be more of a chin stroking event. Undercard is v good but its annoying that they congregate all the good stuff within 3-4 hours of the evening and leave the rest of the day looking pretty bare. 

Given the quality and range of the undercard, there’s clearly gonna be great music scattered throughout the day this year

2 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Given the quality and range of the undercard, there’s clearly gonna be great music scattered throughout the day this year

Not to mention there were some true gems early in the day last year despite the names being less prominent.

It's certainly not Bluedot without Henge and their set provided the most unmissable party of the weekend