Blue Dot Festival

eastynh

21 hours ago, DDave said:

National yes, Strokes unlikely

Daft Punk? No chance.

@Dave85radiohead Strokes far too big and expensive surely.  The National are really playing far too many gigs.  But would still be surprised. Daft Punk unlikely to embark on a live comeback at Blue Dot!  Is it not more likely that it's an act like Stereolab?  This weekend really works for me in terms of meeting up with pals, but am fearing something underwhelming.

I don't think the strokes would be too big or expensive myself and the national seem about the right size and demographic but other than the doves I have no idea really who will be there. Just throwing names out there. Still hoping for Thom Yorke myself despite the Manchester gigs. 

On the thingy bluedot send out for wishlist of bands you would like to play Bjork , Arcade Fire and Nick Cave were all on there so I think this is the calibre of acts bluedot are aiming for. Whether they can attract them?

I agree with daft punk. I didn't suggest them to be fair. I would be disappointed with Stereolab. I think that they're the perfect size for the late night Jon Hopkins slot 

4 hours ago, Dave85radiohead said:

Beck is playing Manchester in September now. Does this make him less likely?

No idea when the announcement is. I would have thought they'd do give a day and time before announcing it but could be tomorrow I guess 

Playing the shitty Victoria Warehouse 9th July. Rules him out.