Blue Dot Festival

eastynh

Portishead would be amazing but Surely there’s no chance. They’ve played like one show in about ten years and that was at Glastonbury. Also Geoff has Beak now. Who I would love to see at Bluedot!

i see Iggy POP has just been announced at  all points east. That makes him possible. 

I would be very happy with LCD Soundsystem/  Pet Shop Boys / Massive Attack. 

14 hours ago, danceonfire said:

Portishead would be amazing but Surely there’s no chance. They’ve played like one show in about ten years and that was at Glastonbury. Also Geoff has Beak now. Who I would love to see at Bluedot!

i see Iggy POP has just been announced at  all points east. That makes him possible. 

I would be very happy with LCD Soundsystem/  Pet Shop Boys / Massive Attack. 

Are LCD rumoured to be touring? Would love those 3, but haven't heard anything about LCD but may have missed it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes pet shop boys would be so good ! But maybe the year after  , you’re right doubt they would do another Manchester date so close . 

Still holding out for the LCD dream ! Can we have Al Doyle can put in a word please. And get despacio in the tent too

Aphex twin would be another awesome shout , especially with visuals up on the telescope - imagine !!! 

Realistically - fourtet ? He was headlining green man. 

When do we usually get announcement? We need a bluedot thingy

4 hours ago, loulouboo said:

When do we usually get announcement? We need a bluedot thingy

This year's was announced third week in January. There's no indication that LCD are active this year so I wouldn't get your hopes up on that one.

Most likely for me at the moment are Massive Attack, Underworld, Four Tet or Flaming Lips again – going off who's doing festivals next year and the kind of acts Blue Dot books.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2019 at 11:54 AM, jannybruck said:

Not convinced about Pet Shop Boys as they're doing their own Manchester headline barely two months beforehand and it won't have sold out by the time Blue Dot goes on sale. It'd be a perfect booking but I'd be surprised with that timing.

Pretty sure Pixies played Manchester Castlefield very near to them playing BlueDot. So it is done.

On 12/21/2019 at 6:01 PM, jannybruck said:

This year's was announced third week in January. There's no indication that LCD are active this year so I wouldn't get your hopes up on that one.

Most likely for me at the moment are Massive Attack, Underworld, Four Tet or Flaming Lips again – going off who's doing festivals next year and the kind of acts Blue Dot books.

I can see them doing repeat headliners with Flaming Lips and Underworld tbh...

Massive Attack good shout though...

I'm actually intrigued to who they get this year

Love bluedot. Really hoping for any of arcade fire, Thom Yorke, the national, pet shop boys, nick cave,bjork, aphex twin,suede.

However, looking at rumours and who bluedot are following/reposting on twitter, afraid we may get doves, mogwai, primal scream, the charlatans which would be pretty poor.