Blue Dot Festival

eastynh

5 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Is the merch stall also cashless?

Everything on site is cashless and you can only make payments via wristband.

Only exceptions that accept cash are the green sherpas, car park attendants and lanyard program sellers outside the arena

5 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Everything on site is cashless and you can only make payments via wristband.

Only exceptions that accept cash are the green sherpas, car park attendants and lanyard program sellers outside the arena

I assume you can load on the band while there? I don't want to put money on for t shirts and then they all end up being crap.

49 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I assume you can load on the band while there? I don't want to put money on for t shirts and then they all end up being crap.

you can do it anytime you want 24/7 via the app. When i added mine the other day the balance was available instantly.

or they have top up points at the site, all over the site inside and outside the arena

Edited by Memory Man

I have loads of those cups at home, the kids loved collecting them the first two years we went, we had to collect all the different designs. 

I would recommend anyone who's there now and hasn't been before to visit the Illuminarium while (i suspect) the queues are relatively small. There were always long queues there come the weekend, and its a lovely place to wander through and have a chill out

Have fun everybody, I am well jealous, wish I could have been there but coudn't as its during term time where we live still. Hopefully they will make a week or two later next year so we can go back?

Say hello to Ralf for me on Satursday!

31 minutes ago, michael eavis' beard said:

Drink real ale it's cheaper ?

Smuggling cans in is cheaper ? 

edit - which I don't normally advocate but if they're charging that for a pint and you're there for 3 days and nights, something's got to give.

Edited by DDave

1 hour ago, DDave said:

Smuggling cans in is cheaper ? 

edit - which I don't normally advocate but if they're charging that for a pint and you're there for 3 days and nights, something's got to give.

Last time I was at an arena festival I had a 12 yo daughter to smuggle voddie in in a bottle of sprite?  Just me and the better half this time and at £14 a round, I might have to break out the extra large undies.  Think I'll be making a couple to trial runs to see how fussy security is first.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Tent Peg said:

I'm heading down on my own in the day tomorrow and was wondering if anyone knows the best way to the site from Knutsford?

That's as far as public transport seems to get me.. Is a taxi the best bet?

id say so. if youve got a load of gear then 15 mins in a taxi will be the easiest

• Upvote 1

Well I'm loving it so far ...... yes beer prices are usual festival pain prices - real ale 5 with lagers from 5.5 to 6 quid

Real ale bar has a totally different selection, a few if the oldies but obviously gone with a selection they can keep up on demand (as running out of beer has always been an issue here)

Sad Pitt on the road vendors are not here but the usual selection, liked Cornish pasty van near cheese truck right of the stage as you go towards tranquillity area.

Interesting Deep space disco stage is open stage, so wonder how the bleed between this and orbit will be like??

Making most of free WiFi in the real ale bar at mo with pint of haymaker.. WiFi is only in the connect places not everywhere but dead easy to connect 

Halle were great starting off with star wars and ending with Dr who - great times :)

• Upvote 1