Blue Dot Festival

eastynh

13 hours ago, Vamagus said:

First time at Bluedot for us this year - looking forward to it. 

I’ve noticed there’s an incomplete clashfinder up - if this doesn’t get done does the Bluedot do the usual festival thing of having a £15-ish programme that you never read except for the Clashfinder?

Deperate to start planning out our weekend of music and weeping over any clashes.......

I started doing the clashfinder but stopped halfway as it got a bit confusing. As above, will update when we get official times. No point guessing I suppose :)

5 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

I started doing the clashfinder but stopped halfway as it got a bit confusing. As above, will update when we get official times. No point guessing I suppose :)

Ah that’s great - thanks for making the effort to get it done. 

Hi folks! Heading to Bluedot for the first time this year and wondering what the vibe is like? I get the impression it's pretty wholesome and family friendly (which is super!) - but what about later at night? Some of my favourite little festivals have been the ones that nail that balance between wholesome daytimes with good places and people to party with at night, so was wondering if Bluedot is similar. 

If it's more of a fun wholesome daytime lark then that's totally awesome too, of course. Just wondering what to expect! 

2 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

No worries guys. Can anyone remember if we actually get times in advance usually? I seem to remember we don't - in which case I'll make some time to go back and work from last year's :) 

They told me times will be up in the coming week.....they are starting to appear on the app.....but only a few things so far

5 hours ago, TLS said:

Hi folks! Heading to Bluedot for the first time this year and wondering what the vibe is like? I get the impression it's pretty wholesome and family friendly (which is super!) - but what about later at night? Some of my favourite little festivals have been the ones that nail that balance between wholesome daytimes with good places and people to party with at night, so was wondering if Bluedot is similar. 

If it's more of a fun wholesome daytime lark then that's totally awesome too, of course. Just wondering what to expect! 

Night stuff is not bad, they have stuff on late until 2am in the arena and 3am in the Outer Space area which is in the woods/Roots stage area Friday and Saturday. Sunday finishes a bit earlier 1am arena, 2am outer space...

On 6/21/2019 at 7:46 AM, JonXLR8 said:

I'm really looking forward to this festival. I've not been to Bluedot before and Kraftwerk is going to be a lifetimes treat for me as they are one of if not my earliest musical memory.

I'm travelling solo from Devon so if there's anyone else travelling from the South West with a spare seat I'd be grateful to lift-share. Likewise if anyone wants to meet up at the festival, is there a solo festival travellers Facebook group or anything?

I haven't got a Thursday ticket. What time does it all kick off on the Friday? If I'm travelling by train I probably wont be arriving until 4 or 5pm and I really want to make the most of the weekend.

I'm also going alone on the Friday til Monday! I haven't found any solo groups on social media but it would be good to meet some new people. 

On 6/10/2019 at 4:34 PM, leels said:

I'm going to DM people that said they are/thinking about going alone in a few days, about seeing if we want to plan this a bit,  very causually! hope that's ok? or it will get to Sat 20th,  ill be on site, and I will have done nothing about it...which is what usually happens.. 

Count me in!

On 7/7/2019 at 8:01 PM, benjismyfriend said:

I'm also going alone on the Friday til Monday! I haven't found any solo groups on social media but it would be good to meet some new people. 

Hopefully a few of us can meet up. Have you been to Bluedot before?

8 minutes ago, benjismyfriend said:

Definitely! No it's my first time, what about you? Do you think there is a camping bit for those alone as a way to mingle easier?

First time for me too, really looking forward to it. I think they may have a family camping section which usually doubles as the 'quiet' area but not sure other than that. I'm making the journey up from Devon with a backpack so can only carry a small tent as it is, and I can usually squeeze that into a small space anywhere in a field, although it would be great if a few of us could get a spot to camp together. I guess the sooner we get there the best choice of pitch we'll have. What time are you arriving? My train get's into Goostrey at just after 3pm.

On 7/7/2019 at 8:01 PM, benjismyfriend said:

I'm also going alone on the Friday til Monday! I haven't found any solo groups on social media but it would be good to meet some new people

Half a dozen of us solo'ers are going to meet up,  or camp together, depending on what people want to do, send me a message with your e mail address, or better, number, if you'd like to get invite on WhatsApp? 

And to Jon too?? I might be repeating myself, as it's really bloody hard to use this site on my phone as I can't close the ads, or clearly read any posts! But anyways.. so there's several of us, PM your numbers if you fancy, I'll send WhatsApp invite...alrighty then.

4 hours ago, leels said:

Half a dozen of us solo'ers are going to meet up,  or camp together, depending on what people want to do, send me a message with your e mail address, or better, number, if you'd like to get invite on WhatsApp? 

If I get round to it I might make us bunting ☺️

• Like 1

10 hours ago, leels said:

And to Jon too?? I might be repeating myself, as it's really bloody hard to use this site on my phone as I can't close the ads, or clearly read any posts! But anyways.. so there's several of us, PM your numbers if you fancy, I'll send WhatsApp invite...alrighty then.

Count me in. Skolley has already messaged me and I've replied with my number. Thanks

2 hours ago, Mr Benn said:

Does anyone know how far from the car parks the standard camping is? X 

I’d say it’s about a ten min walk. I arrived Friday afternoon last year and so wasn’t parked really close to the gate but still only took ten mins even taking into account time to show ticket etc. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tr234 said:

What's the best way of getting there by train from Manchester? I'm going on the Wednesday as I'm working there but seems a bit difficult to get to

According to Trainline there's a direct train from Manchester Piccadilly to Goostrey which is the closest station, and takes 40 minutes. Goostrey is 2 miles from Jodrell Bank down country lanes however so realistically you'd probably have to get a cab from there to the site, unless someone could pick you up from the station. There's a cab-firm in Goostrey called Goostrey Private Hire on 01477 535 060.

• Like 1