Blue Dot Festival

eastynh

13 hours ago, frostypaw said:

hah :D it's the less fancy chicken place there and the steamed buns place that made me happy. they seemed to have number of vendors about right last year, didn't get bored

yeah food was better last year, at said area I liked there was:

• Crispy fried chicken burgers as big as your head
  • Haggis, neps & tatties place
  • Steak (and I mean proper steak) and fries with some sort of sauce
  • Halloumi fries (snack for the win) and wraps
  • A shell fish place

It was superb :D

12 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

yeah food was better last year, at said area I liked there was:

• Crispy fried chicken burgers as big as your head
  • Haggis, neps & tatties place
  • Steak (and I mean proper steak) and fries with some sort of sauce
  • Halloumi fries (snack for the win) and wraps
  • A shell fish place

It was superb :D

What are the prices like? proper steak sound brilliant!

6 hours ago, Chaarlie said:

What are the prices like? proper steak sound brilliant!

The steak was £8-8.50, chicken £8, Haggis £7 (I think) & Halloumi fries £4 - they were all awesome!!

20180720_180153.thumb.jpg.25c1c5f8015e73be2c6d5159a916cc2d.jpg20180720_121140.thumb.jpg.81020ce8127cbbafa95563e2725dbddc.jpgIMG_0635.thumb.JPG.a9adc55671988f9c0765c41db965301e.JPG

1142958223_IMG_0634(2).thumb.JPG.67035aa3e062ce89d9fe2f6dd8ad7ae9.JPG

Edited by shoptildrop

Hi - I'm going for the first time this year, really excited. Just wanted to ask anyone who knows - are buying a meteor shower pass and a phone charging pass the only ways to shower and charge your phone, respectively? Can you not pay per shower/charge? Are the meteor showers the only showers, or are there any free, less nice ones? Thank you!

Edited by dormitor

11 hours ago, dormitor said:

Hi - I'm going for the first time this year, really excited. Just wanted to ask anyone who knows - are buying a meteor shower pass and a phone charging pass the only ways to shower and charge your phone, respectively? Can you not pay per shower/charge? Are the meteor showers the only showers, or are there any free, less nice ones? Thank you!

These are the only showers and phone charge points unless you have bought the glamping option which come with showers as well.

Personally I would invest in a phone charger, as cost is covered if you go to more than I festival tbh

I bought shower pass for the 1st time last year and it was a god send!! Just so you know whilst the showers are individual the changing room is communal :)

9 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

How will this fest be as a solo punter? Are there any Facebook groups or whatever? Kinda like how Reading has that Camp Loner group.

It seems I'm going on my own so now I'm not sure whether to still go or just sell my ticket :(

I'm also going on my own, so would be nice to meet up with any other solo campers and efest members over the weekend.  Hopefully we can sort out a meet up a little closer to the festival.

On 6/7/2019 at 9:27 PM, Mike J said:

I'm also going on my own, so would be nice to meet up with any other solo campers and efest members over the weekend.  Hopefully we can sort out a meet up a little closer to the festival.

I'm going to DM people that said they are/thinking about going alone in a few days, about seeing if we want to plan this a bit,  very causually! hope that's ok? or it will get to Sat 20th,  ill be on site, and I will have done nothing about it...which is what usually happens.. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, leels said:

I'm going to DM people that said they are/thinking about going alone in a few days, about seeing if we want to plan this a bit,  very causually! hope that's ok? or it will get to Sat 20th,  ill be on site, and I will have done nothing about it...which is what usually happens.. 

This sounds good to me. I'm a little distracted with Glastonbury coming up atm, but 100% up for this.