Blue Dot Festival

eastynh

9 hours ago, Johndenis said:

Totally ignorant of this festival but would consider coming from Scotland to the new order day. Will day tickets for the New order day be likely to be on sale? Is there decent accommodation nearby? Thanks! 

Day tickets are not on sale yet mate, but there should be some on sale soon. I am not staying on site and will be getting a coach from Manchester in and out every day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Jarvis!! Like that, not that familiar with most of the rest of the new additions but that's good as mmeans I get to discover some new stuff...

Interesting they have done 2 options for Friday, a full day ticket and an evening only one. Hopefully they will have the crowd movement controlled so people aren't stuck outside queuing to get in..

Really looking forward to this festival :)

What's confusing me is that on the line-up page and the news page of this site, there are several acts mentioned e.g. Talkboy, SPQR, Oshun, Werkha (and maybe others) which I cannot find mentioned in any of the official Bluedot announcements or in the app. 

I bought an early bird ticket before they made any announcements and have to say I'm slightly underwhelmed so far.....

1 hour ago, SteveFarsley said:

What's confusing me is that on the line-up page and the news page of this site, there are several acts mentioned e.g. Talkboy, SPQR, Oshun, Werkha (and maybe others) which I cannot find mentioned in any of the official Bluedot announcements or in the app. 

I bought an early bird ticket before they made any announcements and have to say I'm slightly underwhelmed so far.....

Aren't you satisfied with the headliners at least? For me they make it, everything else is just a cherry on top

3 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Aren't you satisfied with the headliners at least? For me they make it, everything else is just a cherry on top

I'm the opposite ! I'm usually more interested in the undercard. I can't be doing with Kate Tempest and Jarvis does nowt for me. I'm sure I'll find enough to keep me occupied, though. I'd like to see TVAM, DJ Food, SPQR. And definitely The Clangers. 

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, leels said:

Kraftwerk Is a bit bucket list. The visuals will be mind blowing. All other stuff just extra treats!

Looks as if I'm on my own this year, Any solos going for weekend or any days??

I'm going solo for the full weekend, although I do have a couple of friends who are just coming for Friday evening.  Would be nice to meet up with people for a few beers. 

We are wanting a campervan / live-in vehicle ticket for Bluedot 2019 if anyone has one for sale - we have a car park pass we can part-exchange. Bought the weekend tickets, and later on we bought a van, but the passes have sold out - lack of forward planning on our part for sure. Hope someone can help! ta

Edited by VonnConch
used better search term

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone remember what food vendors were there and who do you recommend?

I'm really hoping Pitt on the Road vendors are there again, who were that bunch next to the Orbit stage - all the food from them were amazing, I'll eat there everyday if the are back again!! Here's hoping :D

22 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

Can anyone remember what food vendors were there and who do you recommend?

I'm really hoping Pitt on the Road vendors are there again, who were that bunch next to the Orbit stage - all the food from them were amazing, I'll eat there everyday if the are back again!! Here's hoping :D

I have decided not to camp. I am going to get a coach in and out each day.

21 hours ago, eastynh said:

I have decided not to camp. I am going to get a coach in and out each day.

Fair enough.... I wouldn't want to miss the late stuff and I'm happy to camp as always been straight forward and not huge drive home at the end (like we have with Glastonbury, which kills us every time!!)

5 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Haven't been before so I'm wondering: when should we expect stage times, and does the lineup look full or do you think there'll be more additions to it?

We still have the Roots stage to be announced and think the times are very close to the festival

They're terribly slow at announcing times but there's an app that'll turn up with them

There won't be a huge amount more - it's a very laid back small festival. We've never even really arranged meeting spots as you can zip around and find someone still.

We appear to be doing this again, albeit less raucously than last year's madness so far... good thing for the neighbours

15 hours ago, frostypaw said:

They're terribly slow at announcing times but there's an app that'll turn up with them

There won't be a huge amount more - it's a very laid back small festival. We've never even really arranged meeting spots as you can zip around and find someone still.

We appear to be doing this again, albeit less raucously than last year's madness so far... good thing for the neighbours

The app is working already, has acts added in by day but no times yet... we are still missing Roots stage and not sure if all the music slots filled up elsewhere (I'll have to check number of acts against last year 1st)

It's so easy to get between places and takes a few mins at best, so you never miss anything really unless direct clash

Thing I'm waiting for is the list of food vendor and whether Blue Moon Bar will come back?? I do hope The Pitt on the Road vendors that were next to Orbit stage are back, as the food from all those vendors were superb!!

6 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

Thing I'm waiting for is the list of food vendor and whether Blue Moon Bar will come back?? I do hope The Pitt on the Road vendors that were next to Orbit stage are back, as the food from all those vendors were superb!!

hah :D it's the less fancy chicken place there and the steamed buns place that made me happy. they seemed to have number of vendors about right last year, didn't get bored